Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default Marilyn Monroe

I came across this site will surfing the net. (I wish that counted as excercise. I'd be a size two by now ) Just thought it would be interesting to share.

Elizabeth Hurley vs Marilyn Monroe
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Interesting. In fact, I saw a dress of Marilyn's on exhibit once and believe me it was tiny (the waist in particular). My mother's wedding dress was a 14 and mine was an 8, yet hers is smaller. If you look at footage of fashion shows from that era you'll see women who look of healthy "normal" size rather than the undernourished waifs of today. Apparently clothes hang better on skinny models, but I'd rather see what an outfit looks like on a real person than on someone built like a hanger.

Looking at Marilyn's stats, yeah, I'd be willing to kill Elizabeth Hurley to be that fat

Last edited by Jillegal; 10-26-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

I think the one thing that stood out from that article is not how big or small Marilyn Monroe was - but how vain and shallow Elizabeth Hurley is!!

I know that she rarely left the house when she was pregnant because she didn't want to be seen because she was 'fat' - and now she talks of killing herself if she was as fat as Marilyn Monroe? This woman is truly awful - and not a very beautiful person at all!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #4  
beautiful

i thought the very same thing. what a horrible wench, absolutely hideous if you ask me.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Wow, that article was *GREAT* until the end when they call Roseann "fat"

They COMPLETELY defeated themselves on that one.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:40 PM   #6  

Yeah, the Elizabeth Hurley comment made me pause and go . Maybe she's just jealous because she's only half the actress Marilyn Monroe was.

Okay I'm done being catty.

But seriously, I guess that just goes to show how mentally ill some people can get over their weight. And these people are role models to children?!
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well sizes have definitely changed in the last 10 years let alone the last 50 years. I remember when I weighed 290-300 lbs in high school, I wore a size 26 pant, now at that same weight, I wear a size 24 or size 22 pant.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Question

Yes, the main thing I took away from the article is how ignorant Ms. Hurley was. ok, even if you thought that way, was it really necessary to badmouth this poor deceased woman to the press/magazine? Maybe she should worry about her own career and not put down other actresses. Eve IF she wore a 16,.. nots that THAT huge. At this point I think I would faint if i could wear a 16.

Its just a small sampling of the way people are nowdays. Even as so many more Americans are overweight, there seems to be much more "fat bashing" Which doesnt really make much sense.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:59 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

She said that a loooonnnnng time ago.

Way before she got pregnant.

But yeah, the comment didn't win her any brownie points.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #10  
missaprylj

I meant to make this a thread one day, but I'll bring it up here:

Have you ever noticed how "OK it is to harrass overweight people? (And homosexuals, but, that's a whole other bag of cats...) Like, on T.V. people can't acceptably dis on ANYONE except those groups... because that's "wrong"

So what? Overweight people ARE a lesser group of people?

It's one of my "hot topics" if you can't tell.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #11  
beautiful

yeah did you watch law & order on sunday night? it had a big girl on it and towards the end she was all like "i thought he loved me" and the guy was like "YEAH right, have you looked at your self?" i could have jumped through the tv. if i had cable i'd quit watching nbc just for that reason... actually probably not because there are a few shows on there that i really do like. i was just totally appalled by that comment!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Shelly - email them! That is pretty horrible.. I hate things like that, ick. I never seem to get harrassed by people, and I take the darn bus everyday, I always wonder why though. I wonder if my city is more accepting? I remember when I was in high school I was probably one of the top 5 largest people in my high school, and I figure I was about a size 10 ( I could be wrong, I was wearing a size small, or if I wanted it tight, extra small), sick huh? The largest girl (who was my best friend) was about a size 18. I'd love to go back to the people who teased me about my size and slap them! heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote