Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default What a week ...

So I've had a rough couple of weeks. the week before I found myself really struggling with getting in exercise and eating right. Then on Sunday, William gets sick...throwing up all night long. I think it's just because I gave him 2 bottles of whole milk. (He usually gets about 2 bottles a month since my WIC doesn't quite make it. Even though he'd had it in the past). I get up Monday morning and I actually did the walk away the pounds 2 mile for abs (I made it one mile when Lilly started crying. I went to check on her and by the time I got to her room, she was still sound asleep and had had a nightmare) I shower, and start getting the kids ready. Usually in the mornings, the kids get in bed with Jeff so they can have a few minutes together since he usually doesn't see them in the evenings. I give Lilly her cup of milk like every morning. She takes a few sips and throws up all over the bed. I call in sick.
I drive to town and pick up William's WIC (thinking at this point, maybe the milk is bad.)
I get back home and give him a bottle of formula. It winds up all over my shirt, shorts, and bed. I started giving them jello water and baby rice cereal until jeff could get home with pedialyte. They were still sick on Tuesday except with diahrea so Jeff stayed home with them. Tuesdays are my busy days at work (I went in at 11 a.m. and got off at 9 p.m.) I started feeling sick as well. Luckily I just had a churning stomach but felt like crap. I went to work on Wednesday and took the kids to daycare. William had a runny diaper but I just figured it was because he hadn't had solids in 3 days. I told daycare and figured they would be calling me if he still had diarhea. I never got a call, so I just figured he was better. I went and picked him up and he still had diarhea. I called his ped on Thursday and they told me to bring him in. I didn't get to see is regular doc. I got some quack.
He told me that it was just some virus going around and should pass. He said it wasn't uncommon for him to have diarhea for 5-7 days. Hello, I've always been told that an infant shouldn't have diarhea for more than 3 days. He told me to try and get him back on his formula ASAP but the next breath kept telling me that the fat in milk and other fatty foods would only irritate is stomach more.
The only good thing about the trip was that Lilly got her flu shot. (He'll get his on the 4th for his 9 month check up.)
So I took the rest of the day off. Friday at work was pretty uneventful, but was playing catchup and didn't get online much. Oh, I did check my weight on Thursday and I was actually down 2 pounds. But I didn't mess with counting calories or even account for what went into my mouth at all.

Then on Saturday, we are getting ready to go to a festival and Lilly grabs the tylenol bottle (I had been giving her children's tylenol since her eye teeth are tyring to poke through.) I didn't think much of it since it had a child proof lid. She walks back in with the medicine running down her mouth. She drank half the bottle. So mom tells me to make her throw up. That was horrible. We ended up not calling the poison control since she threw up most of the medicine.

We went on to the festival and came home so mom could make our halloween costumes since Jeff and I went to a party Saturday night.
Here's a pic.

Of course I ate and drank way too much. Yesterday I pretty much just lie around the house all day and made mom mad I guess. We didn't go over and pick up the kids so she could make their costumes. I guess I'll be sewing them tonight now. I'll be sure and take pictures of them as well.

So now I find myself struggling to get remotivated. I think my goal for this week is to get in at least 4 days worth of exercise and log all my food. Time to get back to the basics. I checked out 4 of the WATP tapes from the library to see which ones I like best. I'll do the one mile tonight.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

what a cute picture! Does sound like a crazy week- phew! And hey, at least fun was had at the party. I'm sure you'll have a better week this week, hopefully things'll calm down for you!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #3  
Abby's Mommy

Poor you, and your poor little sick youngsters!! I'm so sorry you had a rough week! Everything seems worse when your babies are sick! I hope they ( and you) get rested up and feeling better!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry you've had such a rough week. What a great picture though, I love your costumes!!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Ahhh!!! Sounds like a crazy week! I hope everyone's back to 110% A.S.A.P.

Very cool costumes! I like them a lot.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Sorry to hear about your hectic week Dawnyall! And hope that you're wee ones are feeling better.

Love the costume.. You look fantastic!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:30 AM   #7  
beautiful

LOL too cute (the costumes).

poor babies! i hope everyone is feeling better soon. i'm sooo not looking forward to the sickies around here. dillon got his flu shot last week but bryleigh won't be able to get one. she's starting to come down with a little cold right now but i've been giving her meds for it.

YIKES about the tylenol. i'm glad everything came out ok.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Sorry you've had such a rough week Dawnyal - that was a close call with the Tylenol - could have been really bad.

You are doing the right thing by going back to basics for a bit - it won't take long for you to get back into the rhythm of it.

Your costumes are great - you both look really good!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #9  
Getting back on track!

Oh Dawnyal, sorry its been so horrible. Hope Willian and Lilly (lovely names) are feeling better. Good luck with getting back to basics- you can do it. xx Annie
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry you had a rugged week, hope you all are feeling better now. Like your halloween costumes.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #11  
PamPSM644

You poor baby! You have had it ruff. I'm glad your Mom is close by to help so you don't have to go it alone when Dad's at work.My son is grown but I still remember how it was.He had the flue as a baby once and I stayed up all night rocking him,but generaly he stayed pretty healthy maybe because he is an only child.Fewer germs passed around.Maybe the phrase"That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger",is appropriate here .
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote