Old 10-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Chit Chat for the week of 10/17/04

Somewhere along the line, my life has gone back to being crazy, crazy, crazy!!! I haven't had not one spare minute to even check in here this week. I tried to buzz through and pick up some of the threads I missed out on.

I need to take a long hard look at my life and see what can be streamlined. I don't like my life being this nuts. And with the holidays coming it'll just get worse before it gets better.

We have my work open house on Wednesday which is also Jacob's Birthday. And Saturday is his Party. There is so much left to do for that.

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and tell you all how much I Love Ya!!!!

How is everyone else doing??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

Hi Sandi! Good to hear form you! Sorry your lafe has been so hectic latley!

--We had quite a scare this week. Last week I took my 17 month old daughter to the doctor. She had been having REALLY high fevers (102.7)
and had a bad rash. DR said she had an ear infection, strep throat, and the rash was from the fevers. OK...they gave her ammoxicillin (sp??), which she had taken twice before for other things. Well about 6 days into the ammoxicillin, she developed another *horrible* rash, so I took her back. She had an allergic reaction to the ammox. and we had to yank her off of that stuff. Any way, shes been taking Beandryll, and she doing OK. I was so worried about her that I had my Mother In Law start a prayer chain for her, and I called Benny Henns 24 hour prayer line to put her on it! It worked!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:39 AM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm so glad you little girl is doing better. That must be so hard to watch your little ones suffer.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Hey everyone!

Amy Jo - I'm so glad your little girl is doing better -- it sounds terrifying! Give her an extra hug for me, the little pumpkinhead -- and get one for yourself too, because I'm sure you could use it. And I'll be looking for your Onederland announcement very soon!!

Sandi - I'm sorry it's so hectic for you right now. It can't be that great for your health and sense of well-being to be pulled in every direction at once, so I applaud your decision to streamline and simplify where you can. It's hard, but sometimes it's necessary in order to be fully present in those things you consider to be priorities. Sometimes it feels like EVERYTHING is a priority but there are only so many hours in the day..... Best to you with this. And my heartfelt congratulations on your loss -- I'm really happy for you.

Howie - You're doing so well in your Commitmentpalooza! (I forget what you're calling it, so I've just renamed it in my own mind!) I'm so happy you're doing so well, my friend.

I had a pulmonary function test on Friday, and apparentlymy asthma has my breathing at 65% of normal. Woopsie! Well, that explains the reduced energy and the huffing and puffing when I'm working out! I couldn't stand the doctor -- lousy listening skills and officious manner. I'm already on 2 inhalers and a pill, which are helping, but when I asked about how I could get up to 100%, his response was, "lose weight." Fabulous. When I pointed out that when I was 284 pounds I didn't have this difficulty at ALL but at (then) 68 pounds lighter I'm at 65%, he had no response. Alrighty then. I guess I'll talk it over with my GP, whom I like, and see what he says. It seems that I'll be getting a biopsy for the enlarged lymph node I've had for several months, since it's accompanied by an elevated white blood cell count. One thing has become abundantly clear: Lorraine needs to either quit smoking altogether, or just quit smoking in the HOUSE altogether. With this new asthmatic state I'm in, it's just not ok anymore. So I guess we'll struggle together with that.

As I reported in the Weigh-In thread, I'm up some after my 3-day "And a Good Time Was Had by All" weekend getaway.....great time, but I just don't know how I thought it was ok to eat like that all the time back in the day....... Amazing. So I'm back on with a vengeance, and am hoping to recoup my, um, gains, before long. Silly girl that I am, I'm a little down about it because it's the first setback I've had since I started losing (hadn't ever actually gained throughout this process,) but oh well, I'm just going to just get over myself and move on. Noone force-fed me, and I fully own my decisions. One excuse-oriented comment, and then I'll move on: it's not easy having a partner who's just completely off plan and wants you to kick back and relax on it too. But it is what it is, and I'm not going to get waylaid. I should be happy I made it this far without a setback, right? Onward and downward. I'm calling on my inner reserves of determination to propel me forward. I'll keep you posted.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:40 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I know you will get right back at it Sarah. I can't imagine how hard it is when your partner does all the wrong things and is there wanting you to do them to. I sure hope she can at least quit the smoking to make it better on you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am now a red-head with light highlights. A nice shade for fall. I am preparing for the big wedding this weekend coming up. I leave for my parents Wednesday am--like 5:30am. Will be tons-o-fun. Girls night out Thursday.. I CANNOT wait..Takes me back to my college years.. my old stomping grounds.. We'll be hitting the clubs!! I can't wait.

I won't be around much this week and I didn't weigh in. I am feeling great though!!!

I'll post pics when I get back.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 05:30 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Sandi - I hear ya gf! Life has been crazy... and I think its that way for just about everyone this time of year..Not too sure what the cause of it is. You have a great idea though about sitting down and trying to figure out a way to streamline things. Its important to ensure you're getting some "YOU" time. Hope things slow down for you.. And, Happy Birthday to Jacob!

Amy-Jo - Glad to hear your little girl is doing better! Hopefully, she's 100% healed very soon. I'm re-assured to hear the Benadryll is working, I just started on that today for a bad rash I have all over my face. Some sort of allergic reaction that they don't know what the cause was.

Sarah - Sorry hun to hear about your asthma troubles. I as well am asthmatic, nothing severe but it has become worse over the years since I smoke. I know, I know.. I really have to quit and have made the commitment to myself to get there... I stopped smoking in my apartment and it made a huge difference.. yet I still smoke. So, if you can get Lorraine to stop smoking inside, I'm sure you'll notice a big difference. You'll get back with the exercise Sarah, don't you worry! I have full faith in you.. Just don't overdo it.

Gretchen - The girls' night out sounds fantastic.. Ooooh, you've got me sooo excited. I'm headed back to Newfoundland for 10 days next month, and can't wait to get back to my "old stompin' grounds" and hit all the clubs with my closest girlfriends. I'll have a whole trip of it too. Steve's not coming this time! Have fun and enjoy! Be sure to share some pictures!

As for me, life is good.. work has been crazy busy.. Working a little too much overtime, to make some extra money. However, I've slowed that down this week as I was getting burned out. Starting back with school in November, I feel like I've wasted this year.. since I've only done the 1 course. Most years, I do about 7-8 courses however this year, we just haven't had the money so its been hard. However, my work agreed to pay for my Business Law course that starts on November 1st so I can squeeze 1 more in for this year. Then start full force again in January as we should have enough money by then. It still makes me mad about how much colleges and Universities charge in tuition?! Like really, and they wonder why there's so many people that don't pursue post-secondary!? Geesh..

Other than that, not a whole lot new.. Mine and Steve's 4 year anniversary is coming up on Friday, and then my bday is within the next couple weeks...

AND, its snowing here today... yes, freakin' snowing Calgary is weird, we get some snow in October then it goes... then it comes back for the winter.. Nevertheless, today's a 100% dreary and blah day.. Especially since I had to come home sick from work with this damn rash.. I hope the Benadryl, and the cream kicks in soon cuz I'm about at the point of ripping my skin off my face.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #8  
Exercise Vidiot

I got a job! I'm so excited. I start work tomorrow, and Wednesday I fly to Honolulu for a few days of training - which means I can go shopping! There are so few shops on Kauai besides shops for tourists. I can't wait to work. I have been so bored at home. Plus I can't wait to spend the hottest part of the day in air conditioning! I swear for the last month I have been spending the whole day in my underwear and still sweating to death!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sarah - Doctors can be such weenie-heads! They automatically think ALLLLL our health problems are from being overweight. It really tees me off sometimes!

Amy - glad your little one is better. I am dealing with my 15 y/o daughter, who has very probably torn either her ACL or MCL. She was all set for an MRI today - until we found out that the place we were going to take her (where we were referred by the ER) doesn't take our insurance. It's one of the best clinics in the country, so if I had $800 to shell out this minute, I'd take her there anyway.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #10  
missaprylj

Sandi- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JACOB! I know what you mean about being busy..... it's crazy around here.

AmyJo- *hugs* for your daughter. Take care of yourself too!

Gretchen- Have a great time! Girl-time makes me miss my sisters; and summer so much.

Howie- How's that challenge going?

Lori- Congratulations!

I'm just terrible today. I don't even want to talk about it, but you know how some days you hate EVERYTHING? It's one of those.

Take care everyone!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 PM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

Thank you all SSOOO much for your kind thoughts about my little Abby! It's really sweet of you all take the time to send a note of encouragement! Im happy to report that she is 100% better tonight! The rash is completly gone from her little body, and shes back to her usual little whirly-gig self after a 3 day haitus!
--Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your asthma. And that DR. I hate it when you have to see a new person, and they just dont seem to care at all. I hope your GP can do something for you becides tell you to lose weight. And, I hope that you feel better soon!
--Gretchen, hope you have a great time at the wedding, and all its festivities! Cant wait to see pics!!
--Celina, Benadryll should help your rash. And if it doesnt, at least it will put you to sleep so you aren't suffering!
--Jenelle, Im sorry to hear about your daughters knee. I know that is a serious injury, I strained my left ACL when I was preggy 2 years ago...not fun.
Apryl-- Hope you have a better day!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:43 PM   #12  
missaprylj

Is it Friday yet? <bump>

Last edited by missaprylj; 10-20-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #13  
missaprylj

Who's seen Nelie's new avatar?

You look GREAT!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:09 AM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Just popping in! Had to comment about Sarah's asthma!

Sarah - Way to put the smack down on that doctor! Obviously he hadn't reviewed the chart and I'm soooo glad you said what you did to him. How dare he brush over this!?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:37 PM   #15  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Just a quick one: thanks for the much appreciated support, everybody! I'm still working out hard every day, so those inhalers have allowed me to sustain a pretty intense daily rate of exercise -- it's just a lot harder than it ought to be, and I know I could be doing more if I could breathe like I used to.

Jessica, you know what's especially irritating about his stupid assumption? There was no chart to consider! It was my first visit to him, and I'd just finished EXPLAINING ALL OF IT in his office like a half-hour prior to his "diagnosis." Amazing. So much for listening skills. He had his mind made up as soon as he saw the scale read 216 when he weighed me -- I'm convinced of it. He kept suggesting (like 3 times) that I might have sleep apnea, based on my report of reduced energy. He said, "You probably snore don't you?" Um, NO. He asked if I sleep alone, and I replied that I do NOT, and that I know for a fact that I don't snore. Other questions he asked me, like "are you getting in any exercise, because it would help with your weight loss?" told me that I had an anti-fatty on my hands. Um, yeah, and I already told you that when I explained that I'd lost 68 pounds since March and HOW. What a freaking buffoon.

Apparently I'm still pissed off.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote