Ideal weight for your height

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I think I have read something about this post before on 3fc. I have looked all over the web and gotten very different ideas of ideal weight for height. Just wondering what you chicks find to be your ideal weight for your height? Maybe we could all post to see what the general feeling is for each person's height?

Im 5'9" and Im thinking my ideal is 165

And you?
  • I'm 5'6" and I know what the height/weight charts say about me but because of my bone and muscular structure, I am not sure. That is why my current goal weight is 199 because at that point, I think I'll have a better idea of what I should weigh. From doing body fat percentage tests, my body weight without fat is supposedly somewhere between 160 and 170 and since the weight/height charts say I should weigh around 140-150, I think it is kind of impossible.
  • Since I attend Weight Watcher meetings, I go by their ranges, which lists 169 as the top (I'm also 5'9") for women over 45. Women between 25-45 have a maximum of 162, and under 26, the maximum for that height is 155.

I'm hoping my body will want to go to 161, but as long as I'm in the 160s, I don't care that much.
  • i'm like a dwarf here... LOL i'm 5'3" on a good day... well, i was the last time i measured anyway.
    ww chart says my range is 113 to 135 pounds

i'm not sure what my frame size is but i do know that when i weighed 123 pounds back in high school i looked sickly. so i'm probably good at around 130-135 or so. but i'd be happy with 150 too though.
  • I am 5'9 with a very large frame, and the charts say I should be between 165-180. I would be ecstatic at 180, but I will see when I get there.
  • I too am 5'9 wow alot of tall chicks in here lol and I also have a large frame. Uo until 6 years ago I stayed between 170 and 185 and let me tell you girls I was told lots of times I looked smaller than I weighed hope to get back there .
    s/w-around 320
    g/w-170ish

5 pounds of fat gone
    10 1/4 inches gone
    forever.
  • I'm 5'6" and I can't even imagine ever getting down to the 140-150 that's suggested. I know that I have very large bones, broad shoulders. When I was 14 (and at my top height) I was a little over 200lbs, and looking at pictures of myself then, I cannot even fathom losing 60 lbs off of that - it honestly looks impossible to me - 60 lbs is a lot! But who knows, maybe once I get down to 200 I'll have a better understanding of what I should be at, but I have a feeling it will be more like 170 or 180.
  • I have never been able to figure out if "ideal weight" charts are medically- or aesthetically-based. My doctor would be happy if I could just lose 20 lbs., but aesthetically, I need to lose about 100. (Then again, what's aesthetically pleasing to one person might not be to another, or that person's whole sense of aesthetics might be warped to begin with.)

The charts say I should be between 123 and 154 lbs. at 5'6". I was 132 once upon a time, and I was almost skeletal. Anything much below 135 is too small for me. Then again, I was a goddess at 163. Of course, I was working out seven days a week for up to 90 minutes per day and had a ton of muscles.
  • i've been told my ideal weight is 13 and a half stone (189lb) for my height at 6' but the tanita scale thingys say i have 215lb mass without fat and i'm looking to increase it hehehehe
  • Im 5'10", large framed, and the "ideal weight" for me would be 160. My goal is 170ish. When I get there, we'll see, maybe I'll take off a little more.
  • I'm 5' 7" with a large frame. I think the charts I looked at in the past put my ideal weight at 150. One of the diet sites said that is too high - that my goal weight should be 132 - yeah right. When my trainer put my info into their program, she told me 150 is too low. Their system says my ideal weight should be around 170 . At this point, I'm just looking forward to getting to 250.
  • I'm 5'4" My ideal weight is 125-140 I am shooting for 130
  • If I wore 6 inch heels, I'd be the ideal weight right now.
  • You kill me! By all means, wear the heels, then!!!!

I could chop off a couple of limbs and be at goal now. Whaddya think? Do I really *need* my right side?
  • I am 6'3 and they say 190 for me. I can tell you right now that will never happen. I am going for 240 and will probably shot for 220 after that but I will never see Onederland. I have a very large frame and most people would not guess me at the weight I am. The bigest goal for me is first 299 and then 245. At 245 I will be half the person I started out at. At that point I will see if I want to go lower or not.