Old 10-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default What do you do to feel sexy?

Ever have those days/weeks you just don't feel good about yourself? And you need something to sexy you up??!!
Well I took the dust off a video I got a year or so ago. I was going to surprise my DH on our anniversary. (It’s in Feb) I tried it a few times and then decided that I won’t do it because I feel to I’m to fat and he wouldn’t find it the least bit interesting. The name of the video is The Art Of Exotic Dancing For The Everyday Women.
Well I tired to follow the video today as best I could. I found it to be a GREAT workout! I also felt really good about myself. Maybe even that I did have a touch of sex appeal left in me. (who knows maybe by Feb I’ll be brave enough to dance for my DH)
Anyway I thought I see what you guys do to make yourself feel sexy.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Mani/Pedi, hair removal, deep conditioner on my hair.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:12 AM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

Wink

Soaking in a tub that has been laced with a liberal application of vanilla aromatherapy oil, then wearing his silk pyjama shirt to bed (or anything other than my Spongebob Squarepants nightgown).
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:18 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

two words: DAY SPA!! .... lots of candles.. sexy music (jazz or some Sting - doens't he go with everything!)

great thread!

I'd like to hear from the men!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

SuchAPrettyFace - I have never had a Mani/Pedi I can't even paint my finger nails with out making a mess. I'm was into sports and climbing trees, and trying to get into little legue, and cub scouts. (I joined Girl Scouts but they were teaching us how to wash dishes at the meeting I went to UGH) Well I'm now a Boy Scout Scoutmaster Assistant. I see girls can now play little league. Life is good.

Jillegal - I bet that is so soothing. I've have never added sented oil to the bath. Well other than Mr. Bubble when I was a kid. Aww I like Spongebob Squarepants but don't know how sexy I'd feel wearing that. Your right that silk guy top sounds great.

Dana - Aww a day spa that sounds WONDERFUL!!! (I've never been to one) Yea everything does go with Sting. I agree with you... OK guys what makes you feel Sexy??!!!

I see there are a few things I need to give a try. I heard that Mani/Pedi hurt if you'd never had them done. It that true? Just so I know going in. I was in chat and someone asked if the video was sleezy. It's not it contains no nudity. It's very tastefully done.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I guess guys are different I have no need to feel sexy. I like it when my wife compliments me and says I'm sexy but I guess I never go for feeling sexy maybe that is the same thing. I do like it when my wife feels sexy but that's another topic.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure I ever feel sexy Sometimes, I guess, if I think I look good/wearing nice clothes, I might feel a bit sexy but other than that, no. I can't wear lingerie because I feel just silly and I like being pampered like a day spa or such but it doesn't make me feel sexy, just nice.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #8  

I LOVE day spa treatments and manicures / pedicures, even though I had my very first one EVER about 6 months ago (!).

Those things don't make me feel "sexy" though ... what does it for me is dressing in clothes that FIT, that make me look like I have a waist (something of an optical illusion), preferably a short-ish skirt and heels (not too high or spiky though -- I'm not a daredevil!), sexy underthings, full make-up and good hair.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:11 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I'd say the combo of feeling like I'm put together and the whole package looks good combined with dancing....even if I'm dancing a little while doing the dishes or cooking. And when I'm talking about "the package," I'm referring to just knowing I look cute, regardless of how dressy it is -- from a skirt, heels, hair and make-up to lounge around the house comfy clothes and a hair clip -- the key is that I feel like I'm appealing.....and then that I have some opportunity to shake my money-maker -- both before and after she's watching!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Just want to add that I agree COMPLETELY with funniegrrl about the "fit" thing -- that's really important for me too. Baggy = not sexy (comfy, but not sexy) whereas if I'm feeling like I'm wearing something that emphasizes my womanliness, I'm MUCH more likely to feel sexy. It's all a head thing.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

I am with the whole package thing, I need clothes that are well fitting and the hair and makeup to be good, then add a little music I can move my body to and I'm good to go.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #12  
Jennifer

I totally agree with the clothes-that-fit premise, too. I've been buying stuff that fits closer to my shape lately, and it's made me feel much sexier. Also, not enough can be said about a GOOD BRA. If I'm having an icky day, sometimes all it takes is sliding on that pushup bra and a cleavage-baring shirt, and I'm all about the sex appeal!

I also agree with the dancing thing. I think "big girls" often try to hide our goodies instead of using them to our advantage. Have you ever seen a bigger woman on the dance floor who REALLY KNOWS HOW TO WORK IT? Step aside, skinny minnies, all eyes are on HER!

One more thing -- I never used perfume until several years ago when I tried The Body Shop's White Musk. For some reason, it really goes well with my body chemistry and just getting a whiff of my skin with the WM on makes me feel incredibly sexy!

Great idea for a thread, Mez!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #13  
Exercise Vidiot

I feel sexy when I'm working out, especially now that I wear yoga pants or fitted shorts and tight tank tops. I didn't feel as good about myself in baggy t-shirts and sweats. My advice to everyone who hates to exercise is to buy cute outfits to work out in! When I'm done working out my body feels so light and relaxed and very sexy. Plus my husband thinks I'm sexy when I work out...
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ok, where can "my friend" buy this Art Of Exotic Dancing video?

This sounds ridiculous but I feel sexy after throwing a great party or being at a great party. I'm what we would call a BIG OL' FLIRT - witting, charming, baudy. And for some reason, most of my guy friends eat it up. They know that I'm not about to leave the Cute Boyfriend, so they don't feel threatened - they're free to flirt back. At the end of the night, I'm thinking, "damn straight - I'm fine!" Then, I go molest my boyfriend.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:26 AM   #15  
Getting back on track!

I like wearing high heels!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote