Old 10-10-2004, 11:56 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Chit Chat for the week of 10/10/04

Hi Everyone. Here I sit on Sunday night, enjoying the last moments of my vacation. It was a mini vacation, but it was packed with love and fun. We went to the zoo, the movies, bowling and we even got a little yard work done. It was great to spend so much time with my boys. I may not have been perfect food wise, but I did manage to work out. And somehow, I am looking forward to getting back to business 100% tomorrow.

I watched Super Size me this weekend. It really hit home how bad fast food is for you. I know some of us have such hectic lives that there is not much of a choice, but for me personally, I can usually avoid it if I plan well enough. I am going to try and really stay away from it even when it fits into my plan calorie wise. Even hubby seemed Ok with trying to remove that element from our lives and I have NO problem with wanting to remove it from Jacob's life!!

Jacob turns 4 this month. We are planning a family party with a clown. I really think that he'll enjoy it.

We are planning on selling our house in the spring, so we are working on all kinds of projects to get the house ready to sell. Replacing countertops and stuff like that. It's crazy!! We are finally changing the things that have always driven me crazy about this house, right when we are getting ready to move. Why did we wait????

Anyway, that's me...how is everyone else???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:19 AM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi Sandi -

First, a clown? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHNOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, you should watch "Sell this House." I've only seen it a few times but they talk about "staging," which is like monor redecorating for the open house. Amazing what a difference it makes.

I'm totally depressed about my weight. It's so funny how completely overcrowded my life is but I think that I can always add more. I've thought about doing something drastic - like a fasting plan but I know that with full-time school it would cause a severe drop in brain activity. That's fine for work but I need to maintain my GPA! I looked into going to that extreme step of doctor maintained plans (like Optifast but in Southern California there is a plethera to choose from!). But I totally disagree with a prepared foods (if you call smoothies and bars "foods"). I was thinking about going to a nutritionist but it's not like I don't know what to eat, so then I thought about going to a shrink. Or acupuncture. Or a voodoo mama. St. Dymphana was the patron saint of mental illness - maybe her and I should have a chat. Anyway, that's me.

School's okay. Classes are super boring this semester but I'm working on a short film in November where I get to assistant direct again. The Director and the Director of Photography heard about me because I did such a great job on my last project. I'm starting to get a reputation.... and not the kind I'm used to hee hee hee

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning everyone!
I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning.... if it wasn't for Sara and the dog I would still be in bed.

Sandi - how stressful to know you want to sell your house. I know you mentioned you wanted to move into a better school district. Picking a school is so important! Sara starts school next year.

Jessica I know where you are... you know what to do.. but for some reason you are not doing it. You've spent money in the past and you ask yourself - how is this time going to be different? I like what Sandi did a ways back - a shrink. Not for a long time - but enough time to talk about your food issues. There has to be a reason why we let ourselves continue to be this way. I ask myself over and over again why some on this board make it seem so easy and I think I'm a hero for being good for just one week. If I had any good advice I'd be taking it myself.. but it's always fun to come here for support, right?

I can now feel the baby kick - very cool. Next week we have an ultrasound and I hope to find out if it's a boy or girl. I have no idea!! According to the last ultrasound it appeared I was having an alien!

So sad to hear about Christopher Reeve, eh? funny thing is Jim (dh) and I were talking about their marriage yesterday on the way to church and how people with spouse of disabled spouses have it so hard. He was only 52 - he looked like he was 80. Amazing how quickly your life can change, eh?

Have a wonderful sunny day! The packers play tonight - but they suck so bad this year - I'm not holding out much hope.. sigh

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:59 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Well... school is fine. A whole lot of SSDD. My friends are all being crazy.

There's a guy that I'm absolutely INFATUATED with. (So that's making me insane as it is.) And my friend Kasey has a boyfriend.... well, our friend Sarah is ALL OVER both of these guys. It makes us so mad. GRRR.

Plus, extra-currics are picking up and the school work is getting HARD. That's life.

Sandi--- I'm so glad that I'm from a small town and all we have is McDonalds, Hardees, BK, KFC, Subway, and Taco John's. And the only one I like is Subway! I couldn't IMAGINE if we had all sorts of choices. I'm glad I was started young eating fast food maybe 4 or 5 times a year. I don't even like it now. I'm SO glad your vacation was a good time. You are a great mom!!!!

Jessica--- Oh, I understand "weight depression." I feel like I have it constantly. I'm so tired of it... SO TIRED, that I've finally decided I either have to start changing or be *****ing about it when I'm 60 years old. And that's REALLY COOL about your film project! There's a guy from my city who is attending film school in CA somewhere. Anyway, he came back this weekend and made a "big movie" with like a 15,000 budget and included a lot of kids from the HS. Everyone here thinks he's SO COOL and when he's the next Steven Spielberg, I'll be proud to say he's from Ashland! Just like when you're famous, we'll all be talking about how we knew you from this board!

Dana---- God Bless Christopher Reeves.
That is so very cool about the baby kicking, and we all can HARDLY WAIT to find out if Sara is going to have a brother or sister!! My family is all fired up about the Packers too, of course. My brother-in-law and sister are going to the game tonight. I hope they do well... better than recently anyway!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, Dana, this is a tough year to be a Packers fan, isn't it?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #6  

Hey Dana! Congrats! That is something new over the summer! When are you due? Was is a happy surprise or a planned event? Babies are soooo coool!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #7  

Hi all!

Sandi- I'm glad you had some fun, relaxing time with your boys. Don'tcha just hate that it's over so soon!? I can't believe that Jacob is turning four! I hope he just loves the clown, how fun!! So, since you're selling the house, do you already have something else picked out, or at least the area? You're definitely going to have your hands full for a while, but like in everything, all the hard work will so be worth it!

Jessica- I take it we have a bit of a clown phobia?? I'm sure he won't be traumatized too badly!

I'm sorry you're feeling down about your weight right now. I know how sucky it feels to have everything coming at you at once. But as you said, you already know what you need to do, I mean we're all practically nutrition experts at this point! It may just take some prioritizing. You can do it sweetie, be strong.

BTW, way cool on the assistant directing again, I just know it will be fabulous!

Dana- Yay!! Feeling the baby kicking, how exciting! Please let us know just as soon as you find out the sex, I can't wait. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, I need to know now! It drove me nuts having to wait for the ultrasound to see if my beautiful Emmy was indeed a girl.

What a shock about Christopher Reeve, that was totally unexpected. I truly believed that he would walk again someday. How sad that he will never have that chance.

Apryl- Sweetie, I just love to hear about what's going on with you and school. You've really got it together and you handle everything so beautifully. I really hope that my own daughter will one day grow into such a wonderful teenager as you. We all should be so lucky!

As for me, well, the end of this month will mark one full year of maintenance for me, so I plan to acknowledge that by registering with the NWCR (National Weight Control Registry). The NWCR is an ongoing research study of people who have lost at least 30 pounds and kept if off for at least a year. I feel like it’s a fitting way to mark this milestone for me.

In other news, we’re finally getting rid of my old, not so dependable car this Friday. We’ve picked out a nice, although slightly used, Ford Windstar minivan. I can’t wait! So much more room plus keyless entry, which I believe to be an absolute MUST for any mom!

Well, I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! TTFN!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

hello all, I don't have much time these days to check in. I would not be surprised if no one remembers me. I have been busy with work, school, and kids. My son who is 7 is feeling alittle left out of my life so I have been trying to spend as much time with him as I can. He's not use to mom being so busy and gone all the time. My daughter is 2 1/2 now and boy is she a little terror but sweet as can be. She started gymnastics about 5 weeks ago and she loves it. My son is also bowling so we have gone from a stay at home family to a go go go family. My weight has gone up with everything going on I don't have time to exercise. I got a treadmill to see if I can get some time in but that has not worked yet. I am back to my all time high after all that hard work to get to where I was. I hope everyone has been doing better than me. I have to go and get some homework done before I go to bed so take care all.

PS I am watching the Packers lose the game right now :'( 27 to 10 almost the end of the 2nd quarter. I hope they come back in the end.
icewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:04 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Bev: Stop, you're going to make me cry! And by the way.... You deserve a spot in any darn registry anywhere you choose as far as I'm concerned.

Man, it looks like we've got a lot of Packer fans, huh? I keep hoping that maybe some year I'll care; being from Wisconsin and all....
Old 10-12-2004, 08:26 AM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

okay.. that game just sucked! 48-27
good game for Houston last night. It's nice to see someone different then those braves always winning! do we have any Texans here?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

I can't bring myself to care about football...so I say bring on the figure skating!! (btw Jennelle, I got an "empty" PM from you in response to the skating...)

Jessica, I understand completely about having so much going on in your life that you can't properly organize the time to deal with your weight issues. It kills me how people who aren't "in the know" tend to think losing weight is simply a matter of eating less. WE know its not! Massive preparation goes into it, mentally and in every other way. It takes special planning around all your activities, special food purchases and preparation and big time organization to "simply eat less" - add in trying to make time for an exercise program when you're always on the run and yes, it does become time consuming! But, if anyone can fit it all in and keep it all together, its you - someone who gives such good advice to others can surely listen to herself Same goes for you icewoman (of course we remember you!) Looks like you don't have much time to spare right now, so we're glad you checked in and hopefully you'll get some free time soon to organize a plan!

Bev (aka Ms Maintenance) what a great way to celebrate your one year anniversary! I'm sure the NWCR will be extremely grateful to have your input, after all, you've done this ALL on your own which I'm sure is quite a rare instance. You never cease to amaze me darlin'

Have you decided between Elijah or Isaiah yet, Dana? I didn't see the results of the poll (my pick was Elijah. I like Isaiah, but find it a wee bit too close in sound to your daughter's name). How nice that you're having an upbeat and happy pregnancy so far!

Glad to hear school is fine Apr"y"l Yep, friends being crazy goes with the territory - ahhhh, highschool seems so long ago (I guess because for me it was) but I remember my daughter having her ups and downs with crazy friends and infatuations (which contributed to me going grey at an early age). As for school work getting hard - you know that's to prepare you for college (although I remember Grade 13 (now abolished) being more difficult than the first year of college). Like Bev says, you handle everything so well we know you'll sail through it all with flying colours. Just make sure having fun is high on your list of priorities, missy!

Okay Sandi, I get the hint - you're wanting people to offer to come help you pack for the big move, right? I'll be right over hon!

As for me, I'm hanging in there - trying to get as much hiking in before the snowstorms arrive and being pretty good foodwise (well, Thanksgiving was a bit of a bust, but that was only one day). I'm gearing up to climb the CN Tower again at the end of the month (I really want to beat last year's time) and I've decided to try Jen's idea of losing one "measly" pound a week. If I can do that, I should reach goal in time for my trip to Russia and then I can concentrate on staying there (at goal, not in Russia )
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Jill - It was just a note saying that it was all college football on ABC here on Sunday. There's skating on ESPN tonight, though!

Bev - What an awesome accomplishment! I mean, losing 180 lbs. is in itself an accomplishment, but to keep it off for a year is amazing! Are you doing anything else special? Any other celebration?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #13  

Another skating fan here-I only caught a few minutes of whatever the skating event was on ABC on Sunday afternoon-I missed Michelle Kwan-wah!!!

I used to subscribe to the magazine Blades on Ice, but it got too expensive.

Dana-so glad to see you-how are you feeling?

Sandi, best of luck with selling the house and your move-hugs!

I'm sorry not to respond more, but I can't keep my eyes open.

take care,
sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote