Old 10-10-2004, 10:46 PM   #1  

Question Cures for the yucky day blues?

Have you ever done everything right food and exercise-wise and still have one of those days when you just feel yucky about yourself? I had one of those today. I overslept (different from sleeping in) and hardly got anything done, my face is completely breaking out, "bad hair day" doesn’t begin to describe the mess I ended up with on my head , I worked out but I’ve felt tired since instead of energized, and I’m not quite back into the pants I wanted to wear even though I was sure they would fit.

But what does make me feel good is that I didn’t seek out my comfort foods , didn’t overeat, and didn’t slack off my exercise as I absolutely would have done a few months ago (I used to find few things more soothing than a big bowl or three of Rocky Road you-know-what).

What I did do was give myself a pedicure and paint my toenails (reaching said toes without straining is something I couldn’t do a month ago), made a fancy salad for dinner, and cleaned my house (I know, that doesn’t sound fun, but I feel better about myself when I’m not in a messy house). And at 9 I’m going to watch some trash TV. (Desperate Housewives, a guilty pleasure if there ever was one!! )

What good things do you do for yourself when you’re having one of those I-don’t-feel-pretty days? They might come in handy if things don’t improve tomorrow!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:59 PM   #2  
missaprylj

Sorry you had the yucky day blues! Sounds like you did a great job "curing" yourself though! Feeling better?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

Been there.Seems it'll start in the morning and everything goes wrong from then on. On days like this I like to find something that makes me happy, talk to an old friend,read a good book, go check out a thrift store. You did everything right.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I think we've all had one of those days. If I'm having a day like that I like to crawl back into bed with a good book.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote