Old 10-09-2004, 12:42 PM   #31  
Live for the Moment!

WooHoo! Everyone's doing great!

As for me, Day #3 was another success - I did have a chocolate bar at a friends last night, however it was still within my calories for the day. So, in total I was 100 cals. under, got in all my water.. and walked.

I can't believe i'm doing it.. I knew I could get back on plan, I just knew it.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #32  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you Celina. Sounds like this is what we both needed. We went to Ryans Steak house today. It's an all you can eat buffet. I was soooo good. I had a big plate of salad with lots of veggies on it and used low fat dressing. For the main course I had grilled chicken breast, green beans and sliced tomatoes. Oh and one small piece of pork. I also had a serving spoon of apple cobbler and a little ice cream on top. I am pretty good at guessing the calories and I am pretty sure that I only had 900 calories.

The only reason I did so good at a place like that is because of the support I've been getting here. It sure felt nice coming out of a buffet knowing I did right.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:18 PM   #33  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

God, Howie.....that's like walking into the gaping maw of **** and then strolling out drinking a nice, refreshing glass of lemonade! YOU GO!!!! I'm really proud of you Howie....I'm sure there must have been a lot of pressure/temptation to overeat, and you did a phenomenal job resisting it! Awesome news, Mr. H!

Just an FYI, on the topic of eating out, I went out to lunch at Applebee's yesterday for a departing coworkers' going away party (my first time there,) and I was SO HAPPY to see that they had some really great OP selections, with the calories, fat and fiber named for each!

And you, Celina -- sounds like you're doing just beautifully also!! Under by a hundred calories is great.....and you exercised too! It's one day at a time, girlfriend, it really is. 3 days into the building of your new habits, how do you feel?

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 10-09-2004 at 07:20 PM.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #34  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I wish I liked Applebee's, but I went there once and didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back Of course I don't eat out often anymore.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #35  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
I wish I liked Applebee's, but I went there once and didn't like it at all and have no desire to go back Of course I don't eat out often anymore.
I don't either!! I'm so serious about monitoring my food -- not just calories and fat, but TYPE of fat, and sodium, and sugar.... .....and I really focus on eating almost all whole foods, so that kinda rules out the whole, "Hey hon, let's go out and grab a bite to eat" thang, ya' know? But I was pleased to be able to order a salad with chicken and know that it had only 200 calories.....and the flavor wasn't bad! Now as to overall nutritive substance and quality? Hmmm, well let's say that I made up for it at dinner. But really I was VERY happy with my experience -- could have been a lot worse!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Swiss Chalet (possibly a Canadian thing?) lists fat content, calories and fibre too, and their food is ALMOST as good as mine. I eat out probably at LEAST one meal a day, sometimes 2, and once or twice I am known to eat ALL meals out. The only thing that keeps me even slightly OP is the grocery store next to my work, where I can have some fruit and veggies in my mix. I wish I had the time to eat at home, but I've been known to leave the house at 7:30am and get home at 8pm, this is only 3 days a week though.. I just don't know how to fit in exercise, and making meals in all of that!

Great job on staying OP Celina et all This is totally the hardest time of year to be good, the days are getting shorter, and our bodies were once programmed to put on weight for the winter months. So this is a great running start to winter! Now if that darn sun would come out, or at least it could stop raining for a second, I'd be set myself
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:22 PM   #37  
Born Loser

Thanks for the kind words Sarah. As for me day four is over I am done eating for the day and have made good choices all day long.

Four days in and feeling stronger everyday. This thread has helped me so much. I really feel good after today. I am on cloud nine.

The reason we went to the buffet was because we took my mom out to look at the fall leaves. We were going to go to a nice restaurant that we had found on a drive last year. Well we get there and they have closed down. So while driving around we see Ryans Steak House (All you can eat buffet) and my mom say's I've always wanted to try that. Kimberley said well we can't be good there and then the challange was on. I said I can be good there. I was good she was not so good but she is trying and has been good all week.

I am feeling really strong now. It is so true that each battle you win makes you stronger.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #38  
Born Loser

Oh I fogot. Nelie we make it a rule to at least give a restaurant two chances. Anyone can have a bad day or it might not be a dish we like. Applebees has some great food. I love going there. I have had a couple of dishes there that I would never order again. Such as there low cal pasta that they used to have. They no longer offer it and I can see why. So give them another try. They have a great weight watchers menu.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:44 PM   #39  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks to everyone for such strong support! It truly means a lot and is helping out in a HUGE way!

Howie, look at us go! You're doing fantastic.. I have to give you super kudos for walking in to an all you can eat buffet and still staying on plan. It takes 1 very strong human being to do that, you know?! And I don't know if I would have been so strong.. Looks good on ya bud!

As for me, Day #4 was alright.. on track with food when it comes to calories, but was a little over 30% fat intake. Got in my water.. however, I didn't exercise today.. I worked an overtime shift at work for some extra cash, then came home and cleaned and made dinner.

Tomorrow is my big thanksgiving dinner at my mom's, I plan on doing Tae-Bo before we go... and even though I'm sure my fat will be over the 30%.. I think my calories will end up being close. I will enter the foods when I get home and see how I did, regardless if its good or bad. I plan on eating what I want for dinner... Mmmmm, turkey and gravy.

As for Monday, its thanksgiving dinner at Steve's parents... Much easier to stay on track as I would have already had my big turkey dinner my mom's way so I'll eat much lighter at their place.

Good Luck for tomorrow!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #40  
Born Loser

You will do great Celina. Enjoy your thankgiving and if you do go over as most of us do on thanksgiving I know you will be back on plan the next day.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 10-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #41  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
I am feeling really strong now. It is so true that each battle you win makes you stronger.
Amen! That's great; I've never heard that, and it's so true. Like building a muscle.

Great jobs, both you guys... bigtime thumbs-up to Howie and Celina!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:46 AM   #42  
Exercise Vidiot

Wow! Everyone is doing great! I am still OP as well. 1500 cals, drank ALL my water already, and did 30 min of aerobics and 30 min of free weights. Having to be accountable to you all is really helping me! I had a few hours of TOM weakness when I was DYING to make peanut butter cookies, but I did not give in, because I didn't want to have to fess up to it later.
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #43  
Born Loser

Good for you Lori. I think this thread is keeping a lot of us on track. I'm glad you did not give into your weakness.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #44  
Born Loser

Another day down and another day on plan. My eating is over for the day and I'm 70 calories under my allotted intake.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:46 PM   #45  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up

Great job, Howie! You made it through the weekend!!!