Old 10-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I was 311 when I got prego with Jacob. He turned out happy and healthy. I had to have a C-section but that was not due to my weight. So never fear, it can be done.

I am going to try and get under 250 for my next baby. Which needs to be soon, so I better get in gear!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations. That is so great.
I was obese when I was pregnant with both of mine. I was 292 when I got PG with Lilly and 317 when I got preggo with William. Lilly's pg I wasn't classified as high risk because of my weight. It was actually a "normal" pregnancy. I had her c-section but only because she was stuck on my pelvic bone and wouldn't come down. William was classified as high risk but only because I had gestational diabetes. At my first appt. weighing in at 317, the doc wasn't concerned about my weight. He just told me that if I went over 350 pounds I would have to be transferred to a hospital in OKC because their operating tables only go up to 350. That sure scared me enough and I actually lost 13 pounds before delivering him 3 weeks early.

If you want some great support for being overweight and pregnant here is a great message board. http://www.pregnancy.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=36
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:12 PM   #18  

Thank you so much for you input and support ladies... I am settling down a little bit....after all, I know I'm not the first or last large woman to have a child...

The only thing that kind of upsets me though, is when you're thin you can notice all the tiny changes in your body, and I won't have that because I am pretty large...I will prbably not look pregnant (just fat) until I'm like 8 months!!

Oh well though, I guess there are bigger things to be upset and worried about...
Thanks again gals!!

I'm excited! Impatience is my downfall and my Mom's already told me---"This is the ONE thing you can't rush...it's going to come at its own time..."
I know she's right, I'm just excited!
Thanks for the info and support everyone! I really appreciate it!!
Tara
Sick_of_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:23 PM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

With being overweight you don't have to worry about increasing your calories. Just eat as healthy as you can. Yes I didn't look like I was pg until I was about 5/6 months something like that. I didn't have post partum depression until after my son went to daycare and then I got depressed because I was back to work instead of being at home with my baby. Here in Canada we have paid maternity leave for a year so you get really used to being at home 24/7 and it was awful to go back to work, still is as a matter of fact, I hate being away from him but what can you do?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #20  
Abby's Mommy

Tara, I don't think we've "met" yet, but CONGRATULATIONS on your expectation!!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:18 AM   #21  
beautiful

with my first pregnancy (start weight was 224) i didnt really start looking pregnant until about 7 months. with my second (start weight was 242) i was looking pregnant a lot sooner but was able to hide it really well into about the 7th month and then i got FREAKING HUGE!!! LOL with both pregnancies if i was walking down the hall at home nobody could walk down at the same time. they'd have to either wait on me to get down the hall or step into a room to let me by. LOL MOO!!!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote