Old 09-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Just now had a chance to hop on here.
I finally broke through that plateau and am down 2 more pounds to 260.5. Yippee..

Jennifer...I would give it a little while because it is after all a new set of hormones going into your system and they sometimes take a bit to adjust to it. the first time I took the pills I turned red all over and itched like crazy. It went away within a week though.
I have the mirena IUD and I think that's one of the reasons I've been having such a tough time losing weight this time. I also had some of the same side effects you listed with it. The only plus is I don't have periods anymore but I do still experience the monthly PMS bloat and mood swings with it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #32  
Getting back on track!

EXCELLENT WORK DAWNYAL
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:01 PM   #33  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Congrats to all you losers. I just went back to the other set of scales we have here at work and weighed in. They said 369 so not as bad as I thought. I just had dinner which I don't usally do before weighing so I'm taking off 3 lbs for that. I had a 32oz glass of water and a foot long veggie sub. So that is at least 3 lbs. So I am 366. That is an 8 lb gain but not as bad as I thought and it will come off quick. I might even make that holloween goal of 350.

I asked where my normal scales went and they moved them way to the other side of the plant. So at least I won't be weighing daily now. So next week I will get back on my regular schedule of weighing in on Thursday.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow- The progress I see here is amazing. Everyone is doing so well. I know for me, I get worried with the fall/winter season upon us that my body will decide to start the Hibernation mode aka fat storing in preparation for the long winter months. I am bound and determined not to let any fat sneak back on! I am going to exercise and eat well.

Keep up the excellent work everybody! You are all doing a wonderful job! I am so proud of us!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:30 PM   #35  
Live for the Moment!

Congrats to all you Losers!

Gretchen - Your new avatar looks incredible... Good for you! You look awesome!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #36  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Hey everybody -- hugs all around!

After drastically reducing my exercise, my loss slowed WAYYYYY down. I'm still on doctor's orders not to do anything more than walk the dog, but I've started doing just a bit more than that. Anyway, I'm finally down another pound! On level, SAD -- but if I remove myself from the moment and look at the big picture, I'm happy and completely ok with it. I know I'll hit my stride once again, and I'm happy to at least still be moving in the right direction even with 4 kinds of medicine in my system and limited exercise. This too shall pass.

And now I'm out of the 220's!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:46 AM   #37  
Jennifer

Gretchen, I agree with Celina - your new avatar rocks! You're so stylin', too. I think I agree with you about the fall thing. I feel myself also resisting the tendency to hunker down and hibernate for the fall/winter, but we will prevail!

Sarah, hang in there, girl. You're doing great!!! Slow is not necessarily a bad thing; as Meg always says -- and it helps me every time I read it -- weight loss is not a race. We're just at the beginning of our new lives as healthy eaters and exercisers, so a couple of weeks does not a lifetime make (as much as it may feel like it!!!!) p.s. I hope to join you in the two-teens soon .

Keep up the good work, everybody!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Sarah--I think you're still doing great and just think when you can add that exercise back, you'll probably have a 5 pound loss in that one week. It may be something to help you look forward to.

ditto on Gretchen's new avatar.

Howie--I wouldn't worry about those 8 pounds. I'm proud of you for coming back and working to get them off. You could've let those 8 pounds turn into 10, 20, on back to your old self.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 PM   #39  
Born Loser

Thanks Dawnyal, I am not giving up no matter how many set backs I have. I will prevail this time. I might gain here and there but the loss will be more than the gains.

Sarah you are doing great. You will make through this rough time just stick with it. You are such and inspiration to us all.

Gretchen dittos on the new picture you look like a movie star dahling.

Last edited by howie6267; 09-30-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:49 PM   #40  
I climb mountains!

Howie, I'm so sorry, I don't think I actually typed what I was thinking about how much I respect you....you just keep on jumping back up on your feet and going back into the ring! You're a PRIZEFIGHTER!! I think you're wonderful, and I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that you're going to accomplish your goals. I really care about your success, and I am so glad that you're here -- not just for your well-being, but for my own as well.

And thanks, Howie, Jen, and Dawnyal, for the support on my little pound and current loss-slump! I love you guys, and really, really appreciate the support!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #41  
Born Loser

Thanks Sarah that means a lot to me. I have meet so many good friends online. I just think technology is so great if you use it right. I've heard people say that you can't really form friendships online but I know how wrong they are.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Dawnya it's great you broke through that plateau. Great job hanging in there.

jkfla - it's nice to see the scale move down. Yippee

Inca's Momma - Tumbs up on the 4 lbs loss!!!

howie - I'm sure you'll have that 8lbs off in no time and make your Halloowen goal. That Veggie sub sounds great! I'm thinking I'll have that for lunch. I also feel that everyone here truely cares and we have a great friendships online.
YEAH US!!!

tolose85 - I have a special name for my hibernation fat... I call it winter fluff. I'm trying to keep that at a min. to none at all this year and staying active and eating healthy is the only way to do it.

Sarah - Just think how much you'll be able to do once your healthy. I know you've been fighting that sickness for a long long time. I also feel once your able to start exercise you'll have a nice loss. I'm happy to see your in the teens! I'm so proud of you!!

Gretchen - Your avatar is wonderful and you look so happy! That smile is Contagious how does that saying go... smile and the world will smile back at you. Not sure if that is word for word but it's close.

Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #43  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

I weighed in 2 lbs heavier. Not suprising since I have been off my plan for a while, courtesy of Hurricane Jeanne. September was a bad month for me. October will be better. I have already had 40oz of water this morning and did 25 minutes of Gilads Bodies In Motion.

I have been going between 212 and 215 for a month and I am sick of it. I am gonna lose these pounds and not gain them back again.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #44  
I climb mountains!

Talking

Woo! Another one down.....actually the scale waffled between 217.8 and 218.4, so I'm going with 218, and a total of 66 down. I just love it when that number goes down. I really, really do.

Thank you, Mez, for your kind words.......I love that you're here! Keep up the good owrk!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

YAY DAWNYAL!!!

And sarah! Wow! Watch out fat! I almost feel sorry for it, it stands no chance

yay everyone
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote