3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   OPERATION: hot housewife.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/47062-operation-hot-housewife.html)

Sick_of_this 09-23-2004 11:11 PM

OPERATION: hot housewife....

Well people, I am on my second day of trying yet again to lose this bunch of weight...but instead of focusing on the negative which is something a lot of us do a lot of the time, I am going to focus on the positive and pat myself on the back for doing so well this last couple of days....

So anyway, my husband is going away on business for 3 long weeks this coming wednesday and even though I am going to be sad and lonely and miss him a lot, I am choosing to focus on the positive, which I call...

OPERATION: hot housewife!!!

In the three weeks he is gone, one good aspect is that I will be able to focus COMPLETELY on myself and not have to worry about him, his meals, his schedule, being a good wife, etc.. all the things that sometimes get in the way of staying on plan....when he is gone, I am going to pamper myself, and TRANSFORM myself...

Okay, I know it's impossible to lose 100lbs in 3 weeks hahahahaha, but I am shooting for at least 10, which is reasonable in 3 weeks since I am so overweight and it comes off faster when I am this big...

in addition to that, I am going to focus on some things I have been lacking in, and lazy about, or feeling too fat and ugly to do etc etc...

In the 3 weeks he's gone, I'm going to...

give myself a facial
get my hair cut and dyed in a hot fall red (hubby likes redheads and so do I, and I need a change)
give myself a manicure and pedicure
exfoliate my whole body and soak in many hot bubble baths with candles and a trashy magazine
clean the house (I'm pretty good about that, but I mean CLEAN it...)
do yoga every day and take a walk every day
stay on plan with my eating
buy a cute (inexpensive) outfit for when I pick him up at the airport...and maybe something to go under it ;)

Basically, just use that time to focus on ME and pamper myself and do whatever it is I always feel too tired for, or too fat and lazy, or not have time for, etc etc.... instead of the alternative, which would be to sit around the house missing him and feeling sorry for myself and counting the days until he comes home....

Tara

wildblue_yonder 09-24-2004 12:10 AM

Tara
It sounds like you have a good game plan set out for yourself. Do you know how I can do that too?? lol I have 8 people in my house ...we are full. I seldom to never get a minute alone so enjoy it for me too. YOU CAN DO IT! Each day make a commitment to yourself to be the healthiest you, you can be. Your worth it! :cb:

:cp:

Sick_of_this 09-24-2004 12:40 AM

awwww I'm sorry to hear that...8 IS enough I guess!! (sorry for the dumb joke)

Yeah I plan on making good use of the time he is gone...they say it takes 21 days to form a new habit so I am going to use the 21 days he's gone to do that with my plan!

Thanks for the reply!
Tara

Mommyofone 09-24-2004 04:04 PM

You go girl! That sounds like a blast! I am sure that it will make you feel very sexy and energized! I would love to have just one day like that! But, with a toddler, that doesn't happen much! DH doesn't have to leave for that long at a time, either. But, anyway, have fun! You deserve it!

Sick_of_this 09-24-2004 04:31 PM

Thanks mommyofone...

like I said above, it is better than sitting home sulking and missing him and eating my way through my lonliness!!! Me and the hubby are a bit codependant on eachother (in a pretty healthy way I think!) and we rarely spend this much time apart at all...so I figure having a good game plan will make me feel better and hopefully I can lose some weight in the process!!
Thanks!!

Mommyofone 09-24-2004 05:29 PM

I understand. In July, my hubby had to go on a 2 day trip, and I was so depressed! I cried both days! :o I can't imagine 3 weeks! I hope you have fun!

Annie-Rose 09-24-2004 07:04 PM

You sound like my kind of girl Tara, have a wonderful time!

jiffypop 09-24-2004 08:23 PM

tara . i'm so proud of you!!!!!! i've never met an overweight person who put herself at the top of the priority list, so this is a MAJOR big step.

and that 3 week thing. SOSOOO important. someone told me that it takes 21 days to make a new habit. and you'll be able to do this!!!!

you go, you hot babe, you!!!!!

Sick_of_this 09-24-2004 09:26 PM

Thank you soooo much everyone!! I am actually starting to look forward to when he goes away even though I'll miss him a lot!!

It will be hard because we are really close, but I am going to try to make the best of it!!

Hopefully when I pick him up from the airport he will be like, "wow, who is this hot, slightly thinner, pampered lady with hot red hair???"

Thanks gals for your support! It's hard not to feel selfish when you take time for yourself, but I'm using this oppurtunity to do the works!

Tara

Amanda Panda 09-25-2004 08:36 AM

Tara, that is such a wonderful plan!

It sounds like an excellent idea to spend time thinking of yourself as your own woman, apart from your husband.

I'm sure this time will really benefit you both! And your husband will be in for a very pleasant suprise when he see's you as a gorgeous redhead in a cute new outfit! Enjoy!

Love Amanda x

Sick_of_this 09-25-2004 11:08 AM

Thanks Amanda! Like I said, I know I can't lose 100lbs in 3 weeks (don't I wish!!)...but I'm shootin for 5-10 and am gonna pamper myself in the process!

Not to get too personal, but after not seeing eachother for 3 weeks and me giving myself a *make-over* of sorts, it should make for an interesting night when he gets home! ;)

He leaves Wednesday and I just keep trying to pump myself up about all the things I'm gonna do instead of sulk about him being gone (I'm gonna miss him :( )
Thanks for your replies!
Tara

Ivanna B. Skinny 09-27-2004 03:31 PM

Tara...hows it going? Hottie yet?? I need a little (actaully a big time) "hottie makeover" too!

Fitbabe 09-27-2004 10:12 PM

Hi Tara,

That sounds like a great plan! Actually, my husband is leaving this weekend for a 3 week business trip as well, and I have the same plan. Refocus my eating and workouts, and pamper, pamper, PAMPER myself - which is way easier without constantly worrying about HIS needs. Plus it distracts me from being lonely.

My plan for the 3 weeks - mani, pedi, touch up my highlights, exfoliate and self-tanning lotion, daily cardio, yoga 3 times a week, weights 3 times a week, 1 chick flick from Blockbuster per week, clean out the fridge, clean out the closets, get out the GOOD lingerie for when DH comes come....