Looking for low cal smoothie

• I want to make healthy smoothie, my 6rys old is on ritalin and don't eat when he takes his med. i been trying to get him to eat a little something before the meds but he is not a morning eater. I'm also looking for a three day liquid diet for this weekend, anything out there.

thanks
  • I love Tofu smoothies... here's one that I found on the net. Very similar to what I would make (except I don't keep apple juice in the house, so I might use pineapple).

Ingredients:

1/3 c. apple juice
    1/2 c. (4 oz.) soft tofu, drained
    1 c. fresh or frozen berries
    1 banana
    4 oz. nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
    1 tsp. honey
    4 ice cubes

Utensils:

measuring cups
    measuring spoons
    blender (You'll need help from your adult assistant.)
    Directions:

Place apple juice, yogurt, tofu, berries, banana, and honey in a blender. Cover and process until well blended.
    While the blender is still running, drop ice cubes into the blender one at a time (through the hole in the lid) until smooth.
    Pour the smoothies into tall glasses.
    Serves: 2

Serving size: 1 1/3 cup

Nutritional analysis (per serving):

175 calories
    7 g protein
    3 g fat
    0 g sat. fat
    33 g carbohydrate
    3 g fiber
    2 mg cholesterol
    33 mg sodium
    131 mg calcium
    1.3 mg iron
  • You could try a few things. Frozen berries with non fat yogurt and some protein powder is a good shake to drink and yummy. If it isn't sweet enough for you, you can add a little splenda or sweet n low to sweeten it a little.
  • he likes to help me cook i just hope he will drink it. smoothies
  • Here's a convenient one for you that tastes pretty good. Light and Fit Smoothe by Dannon. It has 80 calories for the container. Its pretty good. I ususally keep them on hand for an "emergency" breakfast, on the go, in the car, running late kind of breakfast!

They are relatively in-expensive too!

Good luck I hope you find something that works for you!