loss for words...

• I everyone I'm back. Some terrible things happen one was my sister was really sick and I left town to help her. She's doing better. A childhood friend that I hadn't hung around with in a long time but when we run into each we'd chit chat. Well she lost her 2 month old. She took a nap with him and rolled ontop of him. I heard a few ppl say that if she was skinny this wouldn't of happen. I don't believe that I feel that it can happen to anyone. I'm at such a loss of words I can't imagin her grief! I hope I haven't offened anyone I'm alone right now and I'm having a hard time not going into the kitchen and eat eat eat!! I've managed to maintain and I'm feeling so guilty for even thinking of my diet at a time like this.
    Mez
  • Mez.. I so sorry to hear about your friend and her baby! How terrible! I know when my dd Sara was born she slept in bed with my dh and I - it wasn't planned it's just that she slept better that way, and if any you have kids you know how important sleep is.
    I can't imagine the guilt she must feel. I believe, however, that this terrible accident would have happened no matter what her weight. Even if she weighed 120 lbs - that's still alot for a 10 lb baby. I think it's terrible that people are saying those things that it's because of her weight... how cruel.

Take it easy.

Dana
  • Mez,

I feel so badly for your friend ~ I can only imagine how she must feel. I feel angry at those awful insensitive people who can think such a thing about her at a time like that. Thoughts and prayers are with her.
  • this is so sad. i feel so bad for your friend. i can't imagine what she is going through and to have people saying crap like that just makes it that much worse. it CAN happen to anyone and it does happen. please keep us updated on how she is doing and pass on our condolences (sp?) if you get a chance.
  • Mez, that's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear the bad news. I really wish people would be more sympathetic to the poor woman- like Dana said, even if she weighed 120 lbs, it probabl still would have happened. And no one ever WANTS something like that to happen! people can be really cruel. I'm sorry.
  • So sorry to hear about your friend and her loss. I couldn't even begin to imagine how she feels.
  • Sometimes it just amazes me how cruel and insensitive people can be.

Please let your friend know that your friends here at 3FC are thinking of her and sending her healing thoughts and a .

I'm glad your sister is doing better. Take care of yourself too. You're all in my prayers.
  • I am so sorry to hear that!! 2 months old...I just can't even imagine. And to have it be something you unknowingly contributed to (no matter WHAT your weight) would just make it 10 times worse.

Just be there for your friend. And be there in 6 months too. Sometimes people are so good right when a tragedy happens, but it's the lonely months that follows that are so hard.