70 lbs gone forever

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I normally don't jump the gun but I am just WAY too excited this morning.

I have been peeking at the scale each morning.. For the past 3 days it has consistently read 155!! That means that since Sunday I have lost an additional 2 lbs and this puts me at the 70 loss mark! I am totally estatic. I am hoping to lose a pound or two more by Sunday weigh-in. I have busted my rear all this week and am so on plan it's not funny.

I've got 15 more lbs to go to reach my initial goal weight of 140. I have since decided that I am going to 130. Maybe by the wedding I am in (October 23) I will be at total goal. Who knows the body is a strange thing! This journey has been a wonderful experience.

Just wanted to share my happiness with all of you!
  • Happy thoughts to you!
    That is wonderful news, Gretchen! You must feel completely wonderful and as someone just getting the weight loss journey, you are quite the inspiration!
  • oh my god gretchen- I am so happy for you! this is so huge! WOW! I bet you're having a great day now, lol. You are so good at this. 15 pounds from goal, amazing!!! I know you said you might want to lose a bit more, but you're almost there and it mnust feel great! Thanks for sharing this... it's quite motivating.
  • Woo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just think you are amazing and I am so so so happy for you!!!!!
    Huge respect Anniexxx

• CONGRATULATIONS, GRETCHEN!!!

Gretchen, you know how I feel about you and your success. I just am so completely proud of you and happy for you. I think the world of you, dear, and encourage you to be just as intolerable and insufferable as you need to be in fully owning and celebrating your success! You have worked your a** off to get to this point, and your discipline, focus, and positivity have paid off 70-fold!! More really, if you include the invaluable lessons you've learned about yourself and what you can accomplish when you set your mind to something.

Aside from becoming my friend, a fact for which I am sincerely grateful, you have inspired me, motivated me, and earned my respect. You've contributed so much also to this group, and energy breeding energy as it does, your enthusiasm has increased the group's motivation exponentially. I thank you for that.

I couldn't be happier for you, my friend! If I could afford it, I'd send you a big bouquet of lovely, fragrant flowers -- but it's not the time, so we'll both have to settle for my heartfelt best wishes and affection.

Now go do something nice (and naked) with your husband. Or maybe wear something satin or velvet......that's small.
  • Gretchen, that is absolutely FANTASTIC!! You have worked so hard for this and it has paid off in everyway. You are such an inspiration to others in the fact that they can see that weight loss is possible! I am so proud of you. 70 pounds is just Amazing!! I can't wait til we get to share with you your final goal!
  • Congratulations!
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!
    Congratulations Gretchen!! Im so happy for you, and so pround of you!!!
  • ME TOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GRETCHEN!

(Just promise us you won't leave us when you reach goal. )
  • That is so awesome. You have literally worked your butt off to get this far so fast. My hat goes off to you and those last 15 pounds will be gone before you know it.
  • Way to go Gretchen!!
  • WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!
    You go Gretchen. I am so proud of you.
  • YAY!!! Congratulations! I'm happy to see all your hard work has paid off for you.
  • Good job, Gretchen!! Way to go!
  • Gretchen your such an inspiration!! Congratulations and THANK YOU !
    mez