Old 08-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Apryl's a Senior!

Okay...now that our "baby" Apryl is almost all grown up and approaching her senior year in high school, I thought that all of us old farts could commemorate the beginning of her last year of high school by giving her three pieces of "Senior Advice." Here are my three:

(1) Ask that boy out! Just do it. The worst that can happen is he'll turn you down. The best that can happen is that he'll say yes and you'll have a fabulous time. Besides, maybe he's chicken to ask YOU out, too!

(2) Don't be worried about picking the "right" college. Choose what's best for YOU! If you feel like you want to go to the community college for a year first, don't let anyone talk it down. Then again, if Harvard's your dream, go for it! The worst that can happen is that they'll tell you no, at which point you can go to any of the other fabulous colleges you've applied to.

(3) Try out for one team sport that you've always wanted to play. Wanna play softball? Try out for the team. Wanna throw discus? Try out for the team. Wanna play middle linebacker? Try out for the team. The worst thing that can happen is that you won't make it, at which time you can do any of a number of other fabulous things that are available to you. So you end up on the freshman developmental team. So what? Have fun!

I think it's safe to speak for the group and say that we all love you and we are all so proud of you! Happy Senior Year!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, my, Apryl's a senior already?!?!? I thought she just got her driver's license and she was going to be a junior. Where have I been?

Okay, here are some tips from me:

1) Don't let yourself get "senioritis." Stay focused on your goals and remember that colleges can rescind those scholarships.

2) Go to the prom even if you have to take your cousin or go with girlfriends. I didn't go because I'd just broken up with a boyfriend and I regret it.

3) Get involved--in anything you like to do. Yeah, senior year is important, and yeah, you need to stay focused, but take some time out to do something that makes you and others feel good.

Have a great year!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:36 PM   #3  
On The Road to Finding Me

Along with the thoughts about not worrying about the "right" college.. don't worry about the "right" degree. Decide on your degree based on what YOU want to do, not what everyone else wants and/or thinks you should do with your life.

and take lots of pictures.
FindingJackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:08 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

D'oh!

Sheila, you were right...Apryl's only a junior this year! I guess she seems so mature...maybe that's why I'm rushing her!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:29 PM   #5  
missaprylj

It's still a *very* sweet idea, and God knows I can always use advice..... (We can do another, real one, next year let's consider this a practice run.) Besides a lot of this stuff applies to junior year too...

Thanks again, Jennelle. I feel so special.

Last edited by missaprylj; 08-22-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:11 AM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

For the love of all that is good in this world, don't give up anything because of a guy. Don't give up a school, a major, a move, anything. Do what's right for you and if HE'S right for you, it'll work out.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I look at a little different than you Jessica. If it's the right person it may be worth giving up some of the things that you may think are important now because you will find they really were not important at all. To me If you find someone to love and they love you back you have found the best life has to offer and nothing else really matters.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote