Old 08-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #46  

Celina, way to go on your long walk. If you are anything like me you felt great after you did it. I always feel so much better after I exercise and it also serves to curb my appetite for several hours afterward, for that reason, I love to walk about an hour after I eat at night to reduce my night cravings for carbs.

Sarah, I hear ya on having a hard time crawling out of bed. When school is in session I have to be up early everyday. I've learned that I have to go to bed earlier to not feel like a zombie the next morning. I am such a night owl and it kills me to have to go to bed early but it sure is better than waking up and feeling like crap. Great job on sticking with your challenge for the week!!

Dana, well done on your menu planning. I think it is great that you do that. It makes it alot easier to stay on plan when you know exactly what you are going to eat for the day. Sounds like you got an excellent workout also. Keep it up!!

Heya Gretchen, long time no talk. I'm glad that you are feeling better after situating your calories differently. I'm super happy to see that you are getting over that plateau!!

Sheila, good to hear that this thread has been a reminder for you to take your vitamins. I never thought about it before, but I bet stretching in the morning after getting out of bed would feel good. I have alot of joint pain brought on by psoriasis and I bet that would lossen me up nicely in the morning. Well done with your stretching exercises!

Howie, oh oh, I bet those back execises feel good. In not time you will be able to do that mile! Everyday you are building up more and more endurance. What an accoplishment that is going to be. You have accomplished so much already that you only keep getting better and better. Keep on truckin'!!

Claire, we posted at the same time..hehe, so I had to edit to include you also. Great job at sticking to your challenge. Btw, how is your mother doing??

Wishing everybody a most motivated day!

Last edited by Tammy32; 08-19-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #47  

[FONT]
Hi all,

ok everyones on track. good going!
i ran today. the programme was warm-up walk 5mins/10 min run/1 min walk/ 10 min run/ 1 min walk
the actual was: warm-up 6 mins up hill, very steep, 10 min run, 1 min walk, 14.5 min run, 4 min walk.
why did i run an extra 4.5 mins? because i'm a moron. the instrucors didn't tell me when to walk because i was far away from them, usually they yell out to me )i'm usually at the back, way back but not last . i saw a lady and an instructor walking far ahead but i didn't know if the run was over or the lady had to walk for some reason (hurt or something) so i decided to run until i caught up to them. then i said: excuse me, are we walking now? they were shocked and appolagetic. but i was happy i did it. now i'm dead again. i think i will die everyday until next wednesday when i will die period. thanks sarah.
no bread today

shall we do this again tomorrow?
gen[/FONT]
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:46 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Pilates went great. (Thurday) I wish I could say the same for my router. I was having some connection problems still am with the laptop. (hopefully I'll get that figured out tomorrw)

Those are the flames of the FAT WE ARE BURNING!!!
GRRRRRRREAT JOB EVRYONE!!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #49  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Default Gen you make me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby
Hi all,

ok everyones on track. good going!

now i'm dead again. i think i will die everyday until next wednesday when i will die period. thanks sarah.
no bread today

shall we do this again tomorrow?
gen[/FONT]
Gen, my LAST intention was to do away with you! Life is so much better with you around! I think you may THINK that you're dying, but I think that in actually you're NOT. I think.

I love that running story....pretty cute, you're just running and running, I'm going to think of you next time I see an Energizer commercial.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:49 AM   #50  
I climb mountains!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I worked out this morning too!!!!! Woo HOO!! My legs are sore from doing so much in so little time, and so frequently.........when so sleepy! But I'll survive. Or maybe I'm dead too, like Gen, and I don't know it yet. Maybe I'm actually on a Dead Like Me episode, and I don't even know it. God I hope I look cute!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #51  

I'm good for the first two days of the challenge -- got in my 3 miles per day (and another Aikido practice) and working the water up. I'm sore in places I was unaware I could move.
Keillynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #52  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Glad to see everyone is doing so well. My challenge was to exercise five times. Last night my mom and I took a 20 min walk. So that's 1.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #53  
I climb mountains!

Talking Day 3 Check-In

Ok, it's 2:49 on Day Three of the Challenge, and it's early yet, but so far we've heard from the following about their progress through yesterday:

Sandi - Great job on the walk!! (And that chocolate too! )
Barbara - Woo Hoo!! Awesome - and that pain is bittersweet isn't it?
Sarah
Mez - Fabulous work!
Gen - You're so impressive, Gen....hope you got some rest!
Sheila - Way to take those vitamins and stretch!
Tammy - Tammy you are doing so beautifully -- it's so great to have you back!!
Howie - I'm so happy to hear your back is already feeling better!
Gretchen - Great job -- go, Gretchen, go!
Dana - Hitting it hard, girlfriend! I'm really proud of you.
Claire - Awesome job! Go, Claire!!

No pressure, but if the rest of you guys feel like checking in to give a report, GO FOR IT -- it would be great to hear how things are going for each one of us!! Somebody's bound to motivate somebody by posting -- either through reporting success and it gives the rest of the folks a shot in the arm, or through asking for help with struggles, and then everyone can pitch in and lend support.

We're all in this together!! Let's help one another to make this a successful week for everyone! Hope you're all having a great day.

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 08-20-2004 at 03:14 PM. Reason: forgot someone!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #54  

Happy to report that I did my exercise today (30 min swim....before breakfast.....), and ate lots of veggies for supper! Yay!!!

Tammy - thanks for asking about my mum. She's in recuperation mode....so fed up with being tired all the time, but definitely on the road to recovery!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I did the Walk Away the pounds with Leslie Sansone 1 mile. I LOVE IT!!! I have a small space to work out in and this was just perfect. I can't wait to try the 2 mile!!! Kudos to everyone on their review of this workout!!
I maybe shouldn't have done this but I hopped on the scale this morning (my weight in day is Wed) and I was 2 lbs down! I'm so afraid when I weight myself wed I'll be back at that 229. (I've been at 229 for the past 3 weeks) UGH!! But I'm NEVER NEVER going to GIVE UP!!!
Now everyone give them self a BIG PAT on the back for working out and for taking time out to log on to 3FC's you taking a step in the right direction.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:23 PM   #56  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I did mine today. Back exercise along with a mile walk with Leslie. My jeans that I have just started wearing 2 weeks ago and were still a little tight now need a belt. That's a nice feeling.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sarah, you are a MACHINE! I know I say it every day, but daaang.

Clare, glad you did so well, and glad to hear about your mother being on the road to recovery. I'm sending good vibes to you and your family!
Mez, you are doing so great! maybe you'll be down even more than 2 pounds. don't stress out too much. We can all tell you're working hard.
Howie, keep it up!

I went over by about 50 calories today (big whoop) but the fat percentage was jsut fine and I was very good, and pushed myself to my 45 minutes on the cross trainer even though I wanted to give up after 30. It's hard to get back into exercising every day, even if I've only really been out of it a little over a week.

How is everyone else?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:05 PM   #58  
Abby's Mommy

OK-- Here goes!
day 1 -- walked for 2.5 miles I think, or maybe it was 3
day 2 -- walked 2, and did 1/2 hour pilates
Day 3 -- walked .5 mile(started raining) did 30 mins HIIT training on elliptical machine, and a circut of weight machines!!
Plus, I've been on plan food wise all week, too!
So, Im quite pooped, but I expect to see some real results this week!!
Great job everybody! Keep up the work!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:39 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keillynsmom
I'm sore in places I was unaware I could move.
i love this! way to go.
ok sarah add 1 more pledge for me: to survive.
today: upper body weights to failure (ooooh) and 30 mins cardio on crosstrainer
no bread
i actually feel much better today.
everyone is doing so amazing, good for us!

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:52 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

well,.. im Doing ok,.. drinking more water than before and I am behind on my leslie sansone Dvd,..got irritated because I went backwards,..could only do like 8 or so minutes this time as opposed to the 9 and a half from last time,. im getting ready to do it again tonight, so I will be right on schedule.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote