3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chat Thread 8/9-?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/44782-chat-thread-8-9-a.html)

SuchAPrettyFace 08-09-2004 03:26 AM

Chat Thread 8/9-??

I think we need to put the ugliness behind us. So I am forging on. I ask that if you have something to say on that yet, please stick to Private Messages. Any comments alluding to it will (please) be edited/deleted by Sandi or Suzanne. There are questions I have, things I want to say, but since the offending threads were deleted, I think we should take that as a cue.

Now.

How is everyone doing? Tomorrow I am biting the bullet & hitting the gym. My grandma & father are both out of the hospital & doing fine. I am doing my best to stay out of the hospital w/my kidneys.

I got 2 callbacks last week for jobs & hope to schedule interviews this week.

I met a new guy, spent a few hours with him tonight, going to spend a few more tomorrow night. :)

Can't wait to hear about your weekends!

anagram 08-09-2004 08:57 AM

Amen. And glad to hear your family is doing better. Meeting new guy is always an "upper" so let us know how it's going. And good luck on job front as well.

I'm coming off a relaxing three day "at home" vacation where I managed to postpone all sorts of necessary stuff and unnecessary worrying etc. and have a great rest. We did a few small nearby fun things that weren't attached to stressful drives, packing etc and I'm really hating to get back to normal so that I guess qualifies it as a "real" vacation. Oh, it was cheaper than a real trip as well!

Sandi 08-09-2004 10:09 AM

Hello All!! I had a nice weekend. Got my computer desk cleared off, which is always a good thing. ;)

Jacob is going to be using my bed from when I grew up. It is a really nice 4 poster bed, but I need to clean it and repaint it, so I bought the stuff to do that this weekend. I am really anxious to get his room done. Steve is going to be out of town on Saturday, so I think I might paint Jacob's room while he is gone and suprise him. (He likes painting even less than I do!)

Let's have a great week everyone!! :)

slimmingsi 08-09-2004 10:40 AM

a kid that hates painting? well at least you don't have to worry about any unexpected addtions to your wallpaper

Sandi 08-09-2004 11:13 AM

hee hee, no Steve hates painting. Jacob, LOVES IT!!!

nice to see ya back!! ;)

barbygirl43 08-09-2004 01:23 PM

Wow I'm missed a ton while gone. I'll start off with I got sick last Sunday afternoon (8-1). Horrible, horrible stomach cramps by Monday morning. I stayed home from work. It felt like a stomach virus but without the diarhea and vomitting. By Tuesday I had dizziness and nausea. I tried calling around to get into see a doc but most of them around here aren't taking new patients and I haven't turned in my insurance paperwork just yet so I gave up and went to sleep. After I woke up I felt better but was still cramping.
Jeff had to get his stint out on Wednesday and William had his 6 month check up as well. I started feeling much better and took a PG test just to be sure. (I have an IUD but with my luck I'd be that 1 in 100 who gets preggo with it.) I wasn't PG and I finally started not having those stomach cramps. Went back to work on Thursday and was now having TOM cramps. I'm still waiting to start though. Of course that brought on a chocolate binge on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. After the 2.5 pound gain from it, it is out of my system and I'm ready to get back to business.

Welcome to all the newbies. I scrolled back through the messages from the week.

Sandi--I like what you're doing to Jacob's room. It is too cute. We're going to have to put Christopher in the smaller bedroom and the two little ones in his bigger room by the end of the year and will be redecorating both rooms.

artist 08-09-2004 01:29 PM

SAPF - good luck with those interviews.....and good luck with the new guy.....enjoy!

Sandi - you are putting me to shame with the painting......I am having my whole house painted, inside and out, and I am not doing a stroke of it myself......

So, I'm at the beginning of week 2 in a new job, and beginning to settle in....and I came home tonight to 4 large Polish men working on my house.....only one of whom speaks English.....still, it will look beautiful when done (I hope!).

And I am right on track with the eating and exercising.....well have been giving the weights a miss, but keeping up the cardio....

how is everyone else?

Br00klyn 08-09-2004 02:06 PM

SAPF - Good Luck with the Interviews! So happy you're family is doing well! And now, girlfriend ya can't just tell us you met a guy and provide no details?! ;) Make sure you give us the scoop when there is one! :D

Sandi - Wow! You're a machine! You're always up to some special project! Good for you! I wish I was that productive!

Dawnyal - Im glad you're feeling better, hun! And don't fret about the chocolate binge.. You're doing wonderful and will be right back on plan in no time! :D

As for me, not a whole lot new.. Was very happy at the gym yesterday to see my weight below 250 lbs. :D Went to my company picnic on Saturday at a local amusement park, Steve and I even rode the ferris wheel! It was fun... Yesterday, did a little shopping and some errands. Now, today will be my lazy day at home... I have a migraine and I sure hope it goes away before the Don Henley concert tonight! :D

Sheila53 08-09-2004 02:39 PM

SAPF, here's hoping one of those interviews turns into the job of your dreams. Or at least a really good paycheck until that job of your dreams comes along! :)

Anagram, those are the best kind of vacations. When I came home from my July vacation, I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation.

Sandi, that's so cool that Jacob will be using the bed you grew up with. What a great sense of family continuity. Make sure he doesn't jump on it when he's older so he can pass it down to his kid (yeah, that comes a lot sooner than you might think!). Yeah, I bet Jacob loves painting. I let my daughter and her friend paint a toy chest outside when they were about 9. How they got paint all over the house is a mystery, but I was not a happy camper.

Dawnyal, I'm so sorry you were sick. Sounds horrible. Maybe a touch of salmonella? Whatever the cause, I'm glad you recovered from that before the TOM stuff hit you. What a one-two punch! Hey, didn't I read that chocolate is good for your heart?? :)

Celina, a migraine--ouch! Can't imagine what a rock concert would do for that so I hope it goes away soon, too. What a great feeling to get below 250!

It's supposed to be stinkin' hot here today. I'm not a hot weather person, and almost preferred the downpour we had on Friday along with the 60 degree temps. My idea of perfect weather is sunny and 70. Once the thermometer starts going up from there, I get grumpy. Our house has no insulation whatsoever so the outside temp is the inside temp, too. Luckily, we have a window A/C unit in our bedroom, and I turned it on the moment I got back from water aerobics. Gonna spend the rest of the day trying to stay cool!

barbygirl43 08-09-2004 04:19 PM

Shelia--you know we did have chicken the Saturday before (I'm the one who even took the skin off of it) but I washed my hands in antibacterial soap real well. (I despise handling raw chicken for that reason) but I was the only one who got sick so who knows.

Celina--have fun at the concert and hopefully the migraine will be long gone by then.

djs06 08-09-2004 05:55 PM

the dark cloud speaks

I'm so annoyed. Thursday night I went out to dinner with my family- and I thought I behaved, however, the scale thinks differently.

This weekend I had to work at an arts festival during gym hours, so that was out of the question. I got on the treadmill last night but kept coughing and was coming down with something.. but I pushed myself until I got to 2.5 miles, and I'm glad I did because today I feel so so crappy. Here's to losing AT LEAST FOUR STUPID DAYS AT THE GYM.

Once I get back to going, I'm getting my stupid wisdom teeth yanked a week from today so that'll put me out of commission for a few MORe days. I hate missing the gym- it puts me in an awful mood and makes me obsess about my weight even more.

My gorgeous, skinny cousin is visiting and showed us pictures from her wedding. The ones I'm in are so awful- I can't believe I look like that. I know I still do, because I'm only ten or so pounds lighter, and it's just completely discouraging. I'm not giving up- EVER- but it puts me in an awful mood. I know I haven't lost this week- I think I'm up a pound. Because ONE bad meal and two gym sessions. That just seems cruel to me.

The dark cloud has left the premesis. :dizzy:

Good luck to those of you starting new jobs and interviewing- and I hope everyone has a great week!

barbygirl43 08-10-2004 10:31 AM

Dana—don't beat yourself up over not getting to the gym or that one meal. As for not getting to the gym, there are other ways of exercising. Take 10 mins. at a time throughout the day. Walk around your house or outside, lift loads of laundry, stuff like that. Do that 3 times a day and you've got in your workout without having to drive to the gym. And that arts festival, I bet you did a lot of standing and walking around at it. That burns a ton of calories. (Believe me I know. I gained 20 pounds in 3 months by switching from a stand up all day moving merchandise job to a nice cushy office chair).

djs06 08-10-2004 10:53 AM

Thanks, Dawn.... you're right, I should just do what I can and not worry about it.

How are you feeling?

Sheila53 08-10-2004 01:51 PM

What I've noticed, Dana, is that just about every time I eat at a restaurant a few days before I weigh in, even though I eat good stuff, I can show a gain or at least no loss. I think it's the hidden sodium. If I have a choice about when to eat out (and often we don't), I go the day after I weigh in. These last 18 lbs. are coming off slowly so I really watch for anything that can make me retain water or gain weight. Besides wanting to get to goal just because I want to, I have a financial stake in it--I get to quit paying the WW meeting fees!

SuchAPrettyFace 08-10-2004 06:09 PM

I have an interview tomorrow & a date tonight. I will update tomorrow. But for Celina, psssst, he is a construction worker & no not the one from the Village People. :lol: