menstrual cycle

• I just got my period today and i am 2 lbs higher then i was yesterday is this normal? It made my motivation go down to see that scale go up specially after all the work i have bene doing to lose.

Do u guys notice you gain wait when you have your period? How much is normal amount to gain when u have your period?

Does the weight go away when your period is over?

HELP!!
  • uh, yeah. i've been known to "gain" upwards of 4 pounds during the curse. Don't worry about it, it's water and it goes away. I try to avoid weighing myself during that week, because it's unnecessary and discouraging.
  • im trying not to weigh myself but it is hard cuz now i am curious. Its good to kno i am not alone though
  • I think almost every woman has this problem, I try to avoid the scale from 2 days before through the cycle because my weight is always higher then. Just relax and don't stress about it, next week will be much better!
  • Anywhere from 2-6 pounds. Happens every month.
  • Yep, happens here too.
  • My last period I put on 4 pounds, and it didn't go away for 5 weeks! It was kind of insane, but now I'm on a different pill and am losing weight. And I didn't gain ANYTHING from this period!