Old 07-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Down .4. Not impressive - but a loss none the less. I'll take it and move on.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Well gals (and guy), I busted my arse this week and finally got some results. I'm down 2.5. The most I've lost, even in the first week, was 1 lb so I'm really excited. I totally don't mind the hard work when it makes me feel like this!

Sandi- IMHO, any way "down" is a good thing! You go girl, you're on the right track
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #18  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

1 pound down for last week, alas. And I'm one pound away from my second goal. Sheesh, this one's been a tough one! So far elusive, but at some point attainable, right? Patience is mine....and so is that damned goal!

I've had to put my exercise on hold for a short while; for a while now, I've had some difficulty breathing and it eventually made working out rougher than I thought it should be, soooo, after finally going to the doctor I have some antibiotics and an inhaler, and I am waiting to see if they fix me up (and also get the enlarged lymph node in my neck to resume it's original size!) I'm really feeling like a slug without it, and am thinking I'll at least do some slow biking by the end of this week, if the wheezing dissipates. It's definitely had an impact on my loss rate though, which is disappointing but not disheartening. My eats are A-OK, and I'm still completely determined.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:20 PM   #19  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Big congrats to each and everyone one of you! I'm so happy to be involved in a board that moves fast and where everyone is so positive and upbeat.

As for me, I'm charging full speed ahead. I only have 8 more lbs to reach my next goal, which is 75 lbs lost total and 1/2 of what I wanted to lose from the beginning. I wanted to be at this goal by Labor Day but I think I might get there a few weeks earlier. (Hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that out loud, lol).

I am wondering why I'm still wearing bigger sizes at this weight than I was last time I was this weight (which is over 10 years ago).I was hoping by the time that I reached this stage that I'd be a size or two smaller than I am. I'm not upset, just find it odd. Any ideas??

As I said above I haven't been this weight in 10 years so I'm feeling great! I still have a lot to go (83 lbs at least to my for sure goal and maybe more to my ultimate goal) but I can't believe the difference in how I feel. The exercising (which I haven't done in 10 years either) has made a huge difference in how I feel in my day to day life too. I set goals daily on what I'll do on the treadmill and when I accomplish them, I'm amazed that I'm able to do them at my current weight. I think for several years I really believed I'd never be that active again or lose as much weight as I even have now. I know this time I'll get to my goal though. Nothing can stop me now!

Thanks for much for listening. Reading everyone else's posts really keeps me going and motivated. You guys are the best! Talk to you soon.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:28 AM   #20  
Live for the Moment!

Congrats to all you losers!

I may jump in with Raelynn and Gretchen and not weigh in until next weekend! I did have a few bad days until Sunday. My weigh-in isn't until Friday so I'll see how I feel about weighing in then... Hopefully from having a 4 point day from Mon-Fri, I'll see a loss this week My goal was to see under 250 by the end of the week...but I doubt that's gonna happen!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the losers and those who've posted their starting weight. I too am waiting until next week to weigh and take my measurements since it's been over a month for that.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:51 PM   #22  
Jennifer

I guess I'll take the plunge and do my first weekly weigh-in. I keep bouncing up and down between 235 and 240, but today I was at 236, which I didn't consider too shabby given my not-perfect travel eating the past few days (although I did manage to resist some major temptations, so I'm still proud of myself).

I really, really want to get comfortably under 235 (-15 pounds), but I am at my first plateau, I think. I'm also finding this whole quest to be even more emotionally difficult than I had imagined.... I thought I'd be happy losing anything at all, but instead I just mostly feel more impatient and disgusted with myself. Is this normal?

Anyway, onward and downward!!! I hit the gym this morning after two days on the road, and it felt soooo good. I'm also loving FitDay.

Good to get to know you all!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #23  

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but I am on vacation and computer time has not been easy since I'm not at my own home.

The scales I have here are not very accurate but by my best guesstimate I am up to about 210, which means I have gained about 9 pounds since I quit smoking. Vacation sure has not helped. I decided it was time to get back on track today. So, I am officially back on track. I'm not happy about the gain, but I'm not devistated either. I will be flying to my mom's in a few days and she has a more accurate scale so I will be able to get a better idea of exactly where I am at then. I figure then I will reflect that in my signature.

I have not smoked!! August 1st it will be one month smoke free! My cravings are virtually gone now.

Congrats to all the losers!! You all are doing an excellent job. I hope next week I will have a loss to report. I'm pretty motivated so I think that I will be able to do it. Keep up the great work everyone. Even if you did not have a loss try to stay positive and motivated. I know personally how hard it is to work through hard times.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing. Congratulations on not smoking!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default I loss !! YIPPEE

I lost!! Yippee!!!! I lost 4 lbs. I was so worried! Thanks for all your kind words last week when I didn't lose an ounce. You really helped me stay to focused. You guys are Wonderful!! HUGZ!!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM   #26  
I climb mountains!

Talking

I'm so excited that Tammy's back!! Tammy, you rock the non-smoking world, girlfriend, and I'm so, SO impressed with you!! (I also need to thank you for providing inspiration to my sweetie, who always asks if you're still smoke-free...you're showing her it can be done!!) And good job also on not gaining more while on vacation. 9 pounds is totally doable -- I'm sure some of that is water, and you'll drop it in no time at all! I'm just so glad to see you around again.

Congrat's Mez on your loss! I knew we were going to hear good news from you soon, with your great attitude! 4 pounds is great; I'm really happy for you, and am glad also that you found this group helpful.

JENNIFER!!!!! It's so fabulous to see you here!!! Woo hoo! I'm so glad you took me up on my invitation! I really think you're going to get so much out of this group, and, having already appreciated my interaction with you, I KNOW the group here is going to really enjoy your input and participation. I'm so happy! I can completely relate to frustration with plateaus -- I'm in the middle of one myself. I'm sure we'll get through it to the other side --- of 235, for the love of God!!!!! Sheesh, that number is just killin' me! As for the feelings of disgust, well hopefully we can help you with that, because that doesn't sound like fun at all, and I really believe that it's vitally important that the actual process of losing is not a miserable experience. I intend to try to help you with that in any way I can.

Congrat's to all the losers, all the maintainers, and all the folks just sticking with it with hope in their hearts! We're in this together.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #27  
Live for the Moment!

TAMMY! You've returned! We even made a post looking for you last night! You know what darlin' - even if you did gain the 9 lbs. Who cares right now! YOU HAVE QUIT SMOKING! I only wish I had that willpower right now! I must quit smoking..> That's a huge accomplishment! And for the "on-plan" - you're doing awesome and you'll continue doing awesome! This is a minor setback thats worth the reward of being smoke free!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:54 AM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Yay Tammy! - putting on 9lb while giving up smoking is perfectly normal - I put on 10lb. It will come off in no time!

How is being a non smoker going?

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:24 AM   #29  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats, losers!!!!!

Tomorrow is the day I join the new gym. I hemmed & hawed, but my health should come first, even if I have to beg steal or borrow the money to keep it up. After my dad's health scare, I realized I don't want to be that in 18 years, so the YMCA it is.

And as MEL pointed out, YMCA means M!!!

So in conclusion, I will post my weight tomorrow.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #30  
I climb mountains!

Good job, SAPF, on making that decision and then making it happen. Good call -- and good luck with the M-factor!