3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Popping in for a moment (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/43947-popping-moment.html)

barbygirl43 07-23-2004 04:38 PM

Popping in for a moment

I had a quick moment here at work and thought I would fill you in on my life.
Jeff had surgery to have a kidney stone removed yesterday but they couldn't grab because it was 8 mm :fr: We were at the hospital from about 3:15 until almost 7. He's getting the runaround now because we use Indian Health services. He had to get a referral from a different clinic to see the urologist and now the urologist says he needs the shockwave something or other to basically blow it up so it will pass. Well he called the one hospital to get the referral and he was told the original doc who saw him has to make it and she hasn't returned the call. Then she'll have to refer him to the clinic that is closest to us who will then refer him back to the urologist. It makes me :dizzy: just explaining it.

I told you a couple of weeks ago my uncle had lung cancer. He passed away this morning and I'm not sure when the services will be. My mom has vowed to quit smoking anyway she can since this is her second brother she's lost to lung cancer and his came on hard and fast.

Plus I started my independent kitchen consultant business last Saturday and I've been trying to get it going in the middle of all this.

With all this going on I'd already decided that this week I was not going to worry about counting calories and such and so I haven't but I know that I can't just try and eat less without some accountability so I will be going back to counting them next week.

If you could remember my family in your prayers I would appreciate it.

tolose85 07-23-2004 05:18 PM

dawnyal-- I am so sorry to hear of your uncle. I hope you and your family are ok. I will definitley keep you in my thoughts and prayers. As for the "blasting" of kidney stones.. Thats a good way to get them outta there.. I understand HMO's they are a bit of a pest. Ugh, all those referrals!! Those canadians sure have it right when it comes to health insurance... Right jill and celina???

Take care of yourself.. Get through this tough time with your family and you'll get right back on track.

Take care sweetie... it will all be ok!

Jillegal 07-23-2004 05:40 PM

Tell your mom I KNOW she can quit smoking, because I'm one of those who thought it was an impossible endeavour and I've been smoke-free now for almost 4 years.

Try to stay strong through this tough and stressful time, hon.

Raelynn 07-23-2004 07:47 PM

I will keep you and your family in my prayers Dawnyal :hug:

Br00klyn 07-23-2004 11:17 PM

Awwww sweetie :grouphug: Why is it that when it rains it pours? Part of life I guess...
Whoever said life was fair?

You're in my thoughts and prayers... Keep us up to date!

Remain the strong woman you already are... :)

lessofsarahtolove 07-23-2004 11:41 PM

Oh, Dawnyal -- I'm so, so sorry to hear what your family is having to deal with now.....what a nightmare. And then to have to deal with stupid, needless bureaucratic :censored: on top of it -- well, that just plain sucks. I am really sorry for the loss of your uncle, and I have every faith that your mother will be able to quit; people do it every day, with less pressing reasons! It's hard, but not impossible. And Jeff is going to be ok, I'm certain of it -- it's just awful that the system isn't working with him very cooperatively. Surely very soon he'll get the attention he needs, and you'll be able to put this behind you.

As for the calories -- well I don't blame you a bit! But if you can, and you feel like you can think about it, try to make sure you're eating enough protein this week. It will help you to stay focused and help you to feel stronger and more in control at a time when you need to have your wits about you and help your family.

I send you love and warm hugs, you sweetheart......it's going to get better. :grouphug:

djs06 07-24-2004 12:03 AM

dawnyal, i'm really sorry to hear all the bad news. I will keep your family in my thoughts. big hugs to you

missaprylj 07-24-2004 03:13 AM

Dawnyal, much sympathy for your losses. I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

I'll definetly say a prayer for you all before I go to sleep tonight. Take care.