3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Longtime Lurker Excited to Join the Party (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/43831-longtime-lurker-excited-join-party.html)

Passport2004 07-20-2004 11:58 PM

Longtime Lurker Excited to Join the Party

Hi all. I'm Susan. I've been lurking here for a few months and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I just turned 23 with the happy addition of being 37 pounds lighter than I was when I turned 22. The real tipping point for me was when a colleague of mine decided to get gastric bypass surgery. I knew it wasn't for me, and I also knew I had to get real about my weight. But I couldn't resist the lure of sausage and cheese--my two most potent trigger foods, so four months ago I gave them up and became a full-fledged vegan (no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no honey--not completely out of the blue because I was vegetarian for two years in college). I have loads of energy now, and I'm much more respectful of my body and its needs. Of course, I'm sure walking 1 hour a day, 6x a week helps, but it really is "you are what you eat".

I chose my user name, because first of all, I love to travel, but mostly this year is the ticket to a whole new me, the me I really am inside, and it's been such a pleasure at starting to see the outside match up with the inside. I still have a long way to go, but I know that in the company of you fine people, the road won't be quite so tough.

Br00klyn 07-21-2004 12:06 AM

Welcome Susan! :wave:

I'm 21 years old and am about 80 lbs. heavier then when I met my boyfriend 4 years ago... :) Its time for the weight to go and for me to look like how I feel on the inside!

On this board you'll find nothing but support and motivation! I find the challenges very helpful and it makes me be accountable for following my plan on a daily basis!

Seriously, start posting often and join in on the challenges.. This board will be your crutch! :)

Not to boast, but you'll also find the best darn' group of ladies out there!

:cheers: So, glad you could join us!

Jennelle 07-21-2004 12:15 AM

Welcome! :)

Raelynn 07-21-2004 01:16 AM

Welcome to the board! Jump right in and start posting. :)

tolose85 07-21-2004 08:47 AM

Welcome. Post often

lessofsarahtolove 07-21-2004 09:51 AM

Hey there Susan! :wave: Welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, and sharing support with you! Make sure you check in frequently, and read all the posts here, so you can really take advantage of all the great stuff contained within them! The people here are amazing.....and what you put out is what you get back. :grouphug: Congrat's on your progress thus far!

Amanda Panda 07-21-2004 10:43 AM

Welcome Susan :wave:

You sound really positive and motivated - so thats half the battle won!

I was a vegan for 6 years and have been vegetarian for 17 years. My problem was I still ate lots of crisps and vegan cheeses and pasties (and alcohol :o ) and i ended up putting on more weight! :( It sounds like you are being really thoughtful about what you are eating which is great .

Well done for stopping the lurking - now come join us!

Love Amanda x

lessofsarahtolove 07-21-2004 10:51 AM

Wow, Amanda -- how did I not know -- or remember -- that you were a vegetarian for 17 years!? I was raised as a vegetarian, and pretty much lived as one till I was in my mid-twenties!

And Susan, I'm sorry I didn't mention how happy I was to hear that living vegan has been such a positive move for you! Boo sausage -- yay asparagus! ;)

Ivanna B. Skinny 07-21-2004 11:10 AM

Sorry this is late, but you are very WELCOME to join us! Congrats for your progress so far! You'll have so much encouragemant from the chicks (and gents) here! :goodluck:

djs06 07-21-2004 11:20 AM

Welcome!

barbygirl43 07-21-2004 04:55 PM

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you've done great so far on your weight loss journey. :wave: