Old 09-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #1  
beautiful

Unhappy need help please!!

i'm really starting to stress out here. i have been doing so well lately. in the 12-13 days since i went back on program i've had ONE bad day and that was this past saturday. i've been exercising my butt off every day except this past sunday. i'm seeing the scale move up instead of the way its supposed to move!!!! i'm not getting frustrated..... yet! i lost 6 pounds my first week back. i will have an official weigh in on wednesday.

with all the exercise i've been doing is it possible that i am building up muscle already or could it be that TOM is supposed to visit in a week or two?

i'm so close to giving up on the exercise but i can't... i'm addicted!

i know i should go by something else other than the scale but i'm too scared to try on clothes that might not fit. i don't want to disappoint myself into a relapse.

any opinions, suggestions anything..... are really appreciated!
thanks!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:31 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would blame TOM! It always pisses me off but I do enjoy the nice drop once it leaves. Have you measured yourself? If not, please please do that way you can see real results rather than the stupid scale.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I think it might be both your building up muscle and TOM. Do you feel bloated if you do it might not be best to try something on. I know even my loose jeans can feel a bit snug when TOM is on it's way or her.

Try your best to think positive and know that what your doing is healthy and your doing your body good.

I find just posting helps. It makes me feel really good reading the feedback. Another thing I do is go to virtual model and post my old weight and the weight I am now. I know I haven't lost much but when that model is up I an see the difference. That keeps me going.

Your doing great!!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:28 AM   #4  
beautiful

nelie--- i haven't done measurements. i dont know when to measure or how or where or anything. i do every now and then just out of curiosity but i havne't in a while. i might do that tomorrow. thanks for the suggestion!

mez--- i was just playing around with the virtual models last night. LOL but i still can't decide if i'm shaped like a v or an upside down v or the other one! i don't really *FEEL* bloated right now but that changes from day to day. and yes posting and reading the replies helps a lot. i feel tons better. thanks guys!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:34 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Shelly,
The most important part about measuring is to measure in a consistent location (more or less) and you can measure every week or every month but of course measurements are pretty much small increments because you lose all over your body.

The locations I measure: ankle, calf, upper thigh, hips, waist, under boobs, above boobs (right up to my armpit), wrist, forearm, upper arm and neck. Don't expect much movement on your ankle, wrist and neck but I measure those just for curiosity.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there!!! Don't let all your hard work and effort go to waste. You've put in too much to let loose now. You've got to think long term here. I know how wonderful it is to see the numbers on the scale go down but that can't be your only motivation. You didn't lose the weight overnight, you aren't going to lose it overnight either. You watch, you put in a few more weeks of eating right and exercise and before long it'll be second nature and not such a struggle. By then that scale will have started to move downwards. It's only a matter of time.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Shelley, I really empathize with you. FOr the first few weeks of my "serious" plan, NOTHING happened. I'd cry almost every day because it was so frustrating. I was working so hard for NOTHING!

I don't know why it changed. I think eventually I just worked harder and harder and examined myself more and by trial and error, found something that worked. Please don't beat yourself up or give up! You're really doing great. And like Nelie said, TOM is AT LEAST partially to blame. We've got a raw deal!

Hang in there, we're cheerin' for you.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #8  
Exercise Vidiot

TOM always does it to me. For me it's better to weigh after TOM is gone - I get depressed watching the scale go up....it's making me mad just thinking about it!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:25 PM   #9  
beautiful

thanks everyone! i went ahead and measured ... just my waist and under my boobs. i'm down 1 inch under my boobs from when i went bra shopping a few months ago... and down almost 2 inches on my waist from the last time i measured which i dont even remember when that was. i'm feeling a little better today. we'll see if i still feel better in the morning when i weigh. LOL
Old 09-28-2004, 07:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I experienced the same thing.. Keep doing what your doing because in a few weeks that few pounds you gained from exercising (muscle) will start eating that fat right off your bones! Trust me on this one!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #11  
Getting back on track!

Keep going! Three inches is great!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote