Old 07-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default The Good, The Bad, and the ugly ...

I haven't been posting as much lately and my eating habits have slipped.

The Good... is that I managed a loss during one of my worst weeks to date.

The Bad ... I got sick last Tuesday evening and have yet to exercise since. (I do have my bathing suit sitting beside and will be swimming on my lunch break)

The Ugly ... I went piggy over the weekend and ate I think at least 6 peanut butter cookies and then last night had 3 slices of homemade banana bread (I was planning on just one)

The lessons learned... I can't let a little illness (or insert some other problem) get in the way of my healthy lifestyle changes. I thought on this on the drive to work. I tried to take that nice new paved road this weekend filled full of whatever food I wanted without having to exercise. This road was cushy--it could've been my big butt helping with that padding too. But then I realized where this road leads--diabetes, heart failure, not spending time with my kids--and decided I liked that rocky, curvy, hilly road much better. Yeah it's going to be more of an uphill road until I get a grip on it but I'm willing to take it.

We too have been having financial troubles (I'm so with you Celina) and that's another part of why I stopped eating healthy and exercising. I let those worries get in the way and stopped taking care of me. I think the next time I start getting worried about my finances or whatever I'm going to take a nice long walk and work it out.

I've learned my lesson and now I'm moving forward again.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #2  

Dawnyal, I think the most important thing is that you realize where you have slipped and are able to analyze it and get back on track. That is perfect thinking. Sometimes losing weight even when we have messed up can be a bit deceiving because sometimes we think that since we still lost weight that week we can eat the same way as we did that whole week and still lose. I know for fact that this is not true. It catches up fast! It sounds like you aren't going to have that problem though. Have a great week!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Old 07-12-2004, 02:31 PM   #4  
Live for the Moment!

Like Tammy said, the most important thing is that you realized you've fallen off track.

Dawnyal, this post reminds me of me... Whenever I fall ill, I quickly allow myself to get off track - WHY? No idea, once I figure out that answer I'll share. I think its that when you're sick, you're looking for comfort foods that you "feel" will make you better, or you think that because you're sick you CAN eat anything.. WRONG!

The most important thing I realized is not letting things throw me off plan.. Yes I realize I may slip, but the most important part is picking right back up where you left off, either the next meal or the next day! Whereas before, when I fell of plan.. I really FELL off PLAN... Sweetie, the walking away the stress is a wonderful idea. The stress of money especially can be very overwhelming and its hard not to turn to food. I found the gym really helped me with that or a nice relaxing bath. Remember, money's not everything although I know it sure feels that way sometimes...

Dawnyal, you're doing great! Fantastic actually, and don't let this throw you off track or don't feel any guilt! I'm proud of you and what you've accomplished so far! WE CAN DO THIS LADY!

Here's hoping today's a better day for you... check in with us later!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:24 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

A very insightful post Dawnyal - with insight like that, I'm sure you will succeed!

You are so right to choose the rockier road - think how great it will feel when you've conquered it once and for all - it will be an amazing achievement.

Good Luck

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Right on Dawnyl. Keep those positive thoughts rolling and you will get through it! I'm tellin ya... Accept you made some bad choices for the day and move it right along like you didn't miss a beat..

It Really, really, really works.!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm already doing better. Already have my exercise in for today and I have to say that I know I won't be going one week without any again. I could barely do 20 laps in the pool (I count going from one side to the other as a lap) I kind of walked/jogged 30 more to get in 50. I had been swimming 60 of them 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I also already entered what I plan on eating for dinner into fitday so I know where I'm at calorie-wise. I think Jeff and I are going to start planning the next evenings meal.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good for you!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #9  
Live for the Moment!

See Dawnyal - now what did we tell you?! Great Job!

The meal planning thing works wonders, I plan out my meals a week in advance, write them down then make my grocery list from that so I know I have all the ingredients to make it. It really helps me keep on track! And, I as well use Fitday.. its become my bible!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote