Old 07-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I have to report....

I ate a piece of cake today in celebration of a co-workers B-day! It was VERY small like a 1/4 of a piece but I really feel SOOOO Guilty for some reason!! I think I will go and run 100 laps now! (*pointing at him* he made me do it! )

Anyone else ever feel guilty for eating something unplanned for the day??? I usually can totally resist but today I couldn't for some reason.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #2  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Aww, you sweetheart......if Lorraine were here, she'd tell you not to "worry your pretty little face about it." You need to give yourself a break, girlfriend. Just because you enjoyed an unplanned treat doesn't mean that you've lost control or are headed for trouble. You're FINE. I'm sure it's not going to affect your loss one iota. Seriously. You know full well that the body grows accustomed to the reduced calorie routine and adjusts itself accordingly....it appreciates a wee shake-up once in a while. If I haven't been successful in absolving you of your sin, and you're feeling tortured over it, go out and walk for an extra bit at some point this week. Or maybe some really heartfelt self-flagellation might do the trick? You're not that far away from me.....want me to come up and verbally berate you? You big silly, just enjoy the aftertaste and don't sweat it. It disrupts your digestion, you know.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #3  

I know, I know-- one piece of cakie-poo.. I just felt SOOO guilty! Geesh. On a positive note, my lunch was on the lighter side today.. i bet it evens out anyway! I am not a strict with myeslf as I was in the beginning that's because I've upped my caloirc intake and that takes some getting used to!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I'm sure DOES take some geting used to! You went on 800 calories for a good while, and that doesn't come without a lot of self-denial and discipline. To add to the food level that you've grown to accept as normal definitely would involve a period of adjustment, and your instincts and frame of reference would totally have to catch up! I think you're such a good egg, Gretchen, I really do!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Sarah. It's when you start having more and more of those unplanned treats that you need to get worried. One treat in the oh how many months? You shouldn't feel guilty about it. Be proud that you only ate 1/4 of a slice. Me? I would've probably have had a jumbo piece since I LOOOOVVVVEEE icing and been happy that I only had one large slice instead of half the cake.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #6  

I think I just surprised myself by just going ahead with it-- with no reservation.. Any other time I would have completely resisted or ran to get my calculator to see if I could work it in somehow. Something said "go ahead" and so I did!

Since I've added the 2 mile walk in at Lunch every day in addition to my other planned physical activities, maybe its my body's way of saying "Hey... you, freak woman... FEED ME!" Yeah, that's it. Whew.. glad I figured that one out.. I feel so much better now!

Seriously, I know it's ok. My spontaneity caught me off guard!
Imagine that.. I caught myself off guard? What's the world coming to!! ha ha ha
Old 07-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

I have to admit that I feel exactly the same way. Every time I eat something not on my ok list I feel guilty, even if I factor it into my day. I think I know myself well enough to realize that I'm better off not having anything because once I start, it can easily turn into something bad. I always tell the people at work that I don't have an "off" switch where it comes to "bad" foods. I'm better off totally resisting than starting a bad cycle.

I right there with you. You're doing unbelievably well though and can't focus on one little thing. I'm sure your lunch did balance it out.

Keep it up. You're a huge inspiration!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Gretchen, One small piece of cake doesn't change the fact that you're doing AWESOME! Let yourself have a treat once in awhile without feeling so guilty. You really deserve it!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:19 PM   #9  
Searching

Gretchen

I agree in spirit with what everyone has said here, but my one little piece of advice for you is that if you ever eat something and feel bad about it don't do it again. It can become this rolling ball of anxiety. You have come so far and are so beautiful, nothing should hold you back

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:46 PM   #10  

Gretchen

girlfriend, don't worry about it......it ain't gonna make no difference at all in the long run, and it was just one very small piece of cake........start worrying when it turns into one small piece of cake, followed by ice cream, followed by chocolate etc etc etc.

I know what you mean about the 'unplanned', though. I follow a very flexible plan, without much counting or measuring, and I don't do a lot of pre-planning. BUT. I rarely eat anything with high fat/high GI carb/high sugar without really thinking hard about it, really wanting it, and measuring it......I think I would start to frighten myself/surprise myself if I went back to that habit....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #11  

Ok Gretchen. I ate a Big Mac today!!! That piece of cake won't ever show. I do know how you feel though about the way you think about it. Being able to do it without any reservations. I feel that way too and I sometimes wonder if I feel that way because I am afraid of lapsing back into the way I used to eat. I think that is why I panic when I eat something I know I really should not have.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:53 AM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

Oh Gretchen! You're fine.. Remember, everything is fine in moderation! I do know and understand however the guilty feeling, but we all have to learn to get over that. When you do splurge once in awhile and have a treat, enjoy it - don't regret it! Cuz it is just that - A TREAT!

Tammy - I'm drooling hearing the words Big Mac... I was in the McDonalds parking lot today (TOM is here) about to go get a Big Mac & Fries, when I quickly thought of how good it felt at the gym this morning to see a loss.. than ran.. Don't know if i can be as strong tomorrow though.. I've been fighting these TOM cravings hard for 3 days now...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #13  
Abby's Mommy

Gretchen...All I have to put it in you have SSOOOO much self control, and you are doing SSOOOO well. We are all SSOOOO proud of, and happy for you. Dont let one tiny piece of cake get you down. If I had been in your shoes, I probably would said fill 'er up, and then gone back for seconds, and maybe thirds! OK, that was me BEFORE 3FC, but you get the picture.
BTW, I just heard my husband in the kitchen say that he was making sausage and biscuits....I dont do well with teptation this early in the AM!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #14  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Can't say anymore than has already been said here. I feel guillty sometimes even when it's within my calories. When you need to worry is when you quit feeling guilty for eating things you know are not good for you. Then you have a problem.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote