Non Scale Victories for July

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Wow! Hard to believe it's July already.

Today I was running around and didn't get any lunch. I went into a store with the full intention of getting a sandwich, but I started thinking about how many Weight Watcher points were in that sandwich, and I got a Kashi GoLean bar instead. I don't want to make a habit of substituting something like that for a real meal, but I was happy that I chose that over a calorie-laden sandwich.
  • Way to go Sheila!

Today was our last day of Day Camp at church, and the lady who took care of lunches for the team each day ordered personal pan pizzas for the team today, and asked me if I wanted one too, or a small thin crust. I just said no thanks. Ate half a bagel instead. I can usually pass up pizza, but I went to WW this morning, so I could have used that as an excuse to have the pizza, but I didn't. Knowing that I have to go on Tuesday night or Wednesday at noon before vacation.

There's that, and then the other one I have is kind of silly, but there's a guy I'm kind of interested in, and he has shown some signs of maybe being interested too. And for the first time ever, in my life I think, I haven't decided that it's totally impossible for him to be interested in me on some level.
  • Good job, both of you!!

I went shopping for my mom the other day and had all sorts of wild ideas of what junk food I could buy for myself while she was paying. I passed, luckily, and got a box of Matzo- even though I'm not jewish. hehe, i just really like it! It's crunchy and a huge square is only 100 calories. Most of the time when I feel like eating i relaly want the chomp chomp sound.. gum doesn't do that. I'm strange. haha. Yeah, but my victory is that I skipped over the potato chip aisle completely and only briefly considered Chex mix (my mortal enemy!)

Good luck with the guy, Daners. We have the same name! And my friends call me daners too. hahaha.
  • djs-Dana that's awesome. The two little boys that I nanny for part time call me Daners, the five year old started it when he was learning to talk. It's the only nickname I've ever had that really stuck and I didn't mind. There are three Danas on the board now.

I have no idea what will happen with the guy, he IMed me yesterday, said we should get together when I'm in town next time. Don't want to be overly optimistic, but sounds like fun to me. Might have something to report in a week or so.

Keep up the great work, and keep posting the NSV's...every victory deserves to be celebrated!
  • wow! I've never known so many Dana's!!!! How cool!!

me? I'm just letting myself everyday that I don't have permission to eat like a pig since I'm now pregnant. More fruits and veggies.
    I do need to drink more milk - without chocolate cake!

Dana

(who has never been called Daners!)
  • Dana (Charbar)--Congratulations on your pregnancy!! It's such an exciting time--I hope you enjoy the journey to motherhood. Is this your first??

I've really tried to be more aware of my decisions foodwise. Seems I often have this robotic reaction to unhealthy food. I just eat what someone offers me and don't even consider politely passing on it. It's definitely something I know I need to work on--but acknowledging the problem is half the battle, right? On a more positive note I did get out and walk for 40 minutes this morning (4:40 a.m - 5:20 a.m.). It's been so hot and humid here and I've found this is the best time to walk--relatively cool and the dog nor I get overheated. Plus it's quiet and allows me time to clear my head before taking on the day. I consider getting my butt in gear a major NSV--I've been talking about doing it long enough. Time to stop talking and start walking!
    Barb
  • Today I went shopping and bought ALL my clothes in the Juniors Section! Yippee!
  • I've never met so many danas either. Actually for the first time last semester, I had another Dana in a class with me. Never thought that would happen!!
    Dana-who-has-never-been-called-Daners, congratulations on your pregnancy! Will it be your first?
    Daners, the guy definitely sounds like he's interested. Good luck with that and keep us posted!
    Gretchen, congratulations! I once got down to around your CW and remember the joy of the juniors section. What did you buy?
  • Well Dana-- since you asked... I bought a pair of blue jeans, blue jean shorts, the hipster kind woo woo, a blue jean skirt (all size 13!!) and 2 loungy outfits!
  • I have gone out to restaurants several times in the last week, and each time, I ate on plan, and several times, I couldn't finish what was on my plate, and either brought it home or just sent it back (which is a huge accomplishment for me, because I've had to learn not to finish everything on my plate just cause it's there and it tastes good).

I also got into my hiphugger jeans that I bought in Houston but were way too tight before - now they fit awesome!
  • Today, for the first time in my adult life, I wore a swimming suit in public. And I actually didn't die of embarrassment, go figure. This is huge for me considering I've always had and continue to have some pretty major body image issues. I spent so long hiding behind the fat and using it as an excuse to not do things I was uncomfortable with. So now I've decided that the only way I can truly be free of the burden of the excess pounds I carried for so long, is to take risks I wouldn't normally take, however small they may be, and try living this life that I've worked so hard to change. I think I really focused too much on fixing the outside during this, and now I'm trying to play catch up to heal the inside as well. Who knew how much this journey would actually entail when I first embarked on it almost two years ago.

Beverly
  • Congrats to all of you fine ladies!!! What big accomplishments!

But, there's 2 of you I need to address as you've done huge things this month...

Raelynn - You GO girl! Restaurants are my biggest obstacle and 80% I end up cheating... Good for you! You have willpower!

Beverly - I am soooooo proud of you! What a major accomplishment and you deserve a huge pat on the back! I bet it feels great now that you've taken that step.. You've come so far and have done so much! Congrats again! You amaze me every day and are a true inspiration to me!

As for me, no NSV for July yet... but once one happens, you'll all be the first to know.
  • I've never known so many Danas either. We could have a little club

This weekend I spent time at both my mom's and my dad's, both usually very hard times foodwise, and I lost! And that's even from a morning weight to an evening weight. Went to three bbq's this weekend, and was just much more careful about what and how much I put on my plate, and reminded myself of how much I want to do this.
  • YAY, I finally have a NSV!! Today DH and I went to my fav Mexican resturant for lunch. I had only 6 chips ( 1 serving)with salsa, and passed up the queso completly! Then, when I ordered, I had my usual fajitas, but I requested no sourcream, no cheese, no guac, and no refried beans!! AND...instead of diet coke like I usually have, I drank 3 big glasses of water with lemon! I nearly floated out of there! I was so proud of me!!!
  • Congrats Everyone!!!!!