Non Scale Victories for June

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I couldn't find one of these on the first two pages--didn't check page three so if I'm repeating a thread, well, sorry !

This weekend I ate out four times and didn't fall into active eating mode even once, counted every WW point, and stayed well within my point target. Today at lunch when the lady at the next table ordered coconut cream pie, my mouth did start watering, but I drank my water (with lemon!) and left for a nice hike around the town.
  • That is super sheila. WTG on not ordering the pie and then throwing in some exercise to boot.

As for me, it just feels nice to grab some 2x t-shirts out of the closet and put them on without having to go through a stretching ritual to get them loose. (You know--stretching them over the knees then turning it around and stretching the back side over the knees several times) before long it will be those xl shirts I'll be grabbing.
  • Congrats you two!! I used to do the shirt stretch, too! I dont have a NSV this week, but I will soon...I think I'll go measure myself again. Maybe I'll have something to report!
    OMG!!! I just measured, and Ive lost another 2 inches from my waist!!!
  • Those are all excellent and wonderful NSV's. Congratulations!
  • Amy Jo that is awesome.
  • Sheila, Wow, that takes alot of self control. And to pass up pie, amazing. You did a superb job at sticking to your eating plan! That is a very nice June victory.

Dawnyal, reading your post made me laugh. I was sitting here thinking about how I used to have to do the t-shirt stretch all the time and how ridiculous I looked doing it! I'm so glad that you are not having to do the t-shirt stretch ritual anymore! It shows how hard you have been working! Keep it up.

Amy Jo, Wow, Anything that comes off the waist is a very good thing!! I'm proud of you!!

I'm proud of all of you! You have some great non-scale victories.

Edit:typo's
  • Hey guys, you are rocking!

Sheila - you did sooooo well. I eat out quite a lot, and sometimes it is a real effort to stick with those healthy choices. Mind you, the feeling of virtue when you do so is just great!

As to the t-shirt stretch routine.....you guys make me laugh....i have never heard of this....will bear it in mind in case of emergencies!

And Amy Jo, its great that you've got a shrinking waist line!

Right..that's challenged me to find some NSVs of my own!
  • both david and my 16 year old brother gave me a PIGGY BACK RIDE!!!!!
  • Hmmm, well now I come to think about it, I do have some great NSVs for June....

1) I have been having a great time shopping for new clothes - I am the proud owner of some very beautiful size 20 trousers in soft orange, and bright pink. (separate pairs, LOL...)....I used to be a size 30, so this feels wonderful....

2) In the past couple of weeks I've been getting lots of compliments on the way I look - mainly people admiring my new wardrobe, and telling me how great I look (blush, blush)

3) Yesterday, I upped all my weights for my lower body resistance work at the gym, and managed 2 sets all round....its true, I am struggling to walk today, but its great to see progress! Apart from one machine, I can now do 3 sets on all my upper body exercises (bar one) too, and a few weeks ago I struggled to do 1 set...
  • I wore a tank top to the mall today along with shorts and the world didn't end.
  • I made the decision to get back on board and stopped eating out! I've been cooking meals at home for over 2 weeks now with no fast-food! YAY!
  • Sheila, I think you just gave me some courage to buy a tank top. I don't think I have worn one in twenty years. Now that I know the world will not end I think I can do it!!

Claire, great job on you nsv's for the month. It's really nice when the people around us can see a difference in our weight. You are doing wonderfully.

Holly, wooooo..being able to hop on someones back for a piggy back ride is outstanding and even more so when you know that you are skinny enough to do it without giving anyone a hurt back!!
  • Sheila.....you made me laugh....again! OK, so I have not worn a sleeveless top.....possibly ever, but certainly in living memory. So inspired by you I shall wear a very nice sleeveless dress I have, WITHOUT A JACKET.....ooooo. s-c-a-r-y.....but as Tammy says, now I know the world will not end, I think I can do it!!!
  • oooh oooh me me....I have one!!

When I lost my first 15 lbs, I went to old navy, it was right when they were putting their summer stuff out.. SO.. I bought an outfit that I would use as a "marker" if you will.. quite a few sizes smaller than what I would wear at that point. When, I got it, it was tight and the shorts were all not lookin' so good BUT now, I wore it all day! AND the best part is, that I didn't have to walk around sucking in my tummy!! Here's the pic! Warning, its a lougne wear outfit and I was just hanging out today so its not the best pic of me but at least you can see my outfit! I've still got quite a way to go but I'm getting there!

• Good ones, you guys!

All right, I'll play too!
    • I'm down 2 sizes, from 26 to 22, and sometimes 20!
    • I can now run up stairs without getting winded!
    • I don't get out of breath simply from walking from point A to B!
    • My back is not hurting like it used to 40 pounds ago, before I lost the equivalent of two 20-pound bags of kitty litter!
    Jeez, why didn't I think of this years ago?