3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Introduction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/41287-introduction.html)

nelie 05-28-2004 03:44 PM

Introduction

Hey all,

I figured I'd introduce myself. I've actually been looking on the 3fatchicks forums/website for quite a few years, off and on. Right now I seriously need support and understanding of those in a similar situation.

For the past couple years, I have been so confused as what to do about my food. I was also diagnosed with PCOS as of last year. Recently, after a breakup with my boyfriend, I decided I need a serious change and to focus on me and my health needs.

I started slow a little over a month ago, with a change in diet towards the low carb nature. I have read a number of books from atkins, to protein power, to south beach diet. I really like the principles of the south beach diet, so I have included quite a few of them into my diet. I am working on eating lean meats, vegetables, whole wheat bread (lowest carb count I can find), legumes, dairy products (reduced fat preferred), nuts and also low carb shakes for eating on the run. I have lost 12 pounds so far since I started this latest diet effort, with a total of 26 lbs from my highest weight.

I also recently started adding exercise to my regime. I have exercised off and on over the years, but I tend to let myself slack off too easily. Almost a month ago, I badly sprained a ligament in my knee and possibly tore cartillage, though this made physical things very hard to do, I decided at that point that I need to work harder on exercising. I am going to physical therapy for my knee and also doing upper body weight training at the gym and limited lower body work. I can't really do cardio right now because of my knee, but that will come. I recently bought a bathing suit and will probably try taking an aqua class at the gym.

Anyway, that is me, I have been reading some of the posts here and I think you guys are a really great group.

Sandi 05-28-2004 04:45 PM

WELCOME!! WELOCME!! Glad to have you. It sure sounds like you are off to a great start!!! Look forward to seeing you in more of the threads!!! :D

Tammy32 05-28-2004 05:47 PM

Welcome Nelie!! We certainly have plenty of support to go around here. It's great that you have started an eating plan! You are off to a wonderful start.

artist 05-28-2004 06:04 PM

Hey Nelie, welcome. Congrats on doing so well so far....sounds like you are off to a flying start. Hope the knee is bearing up...can you swim with it?? I'm a big swimming/aqua fan....

Amanda Panda 05-28-2004 06:08 PM

Welcome Nelie!

There is loads of support and advice here - so jump right in!

I know there are others here who suffer from PCOS and I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Love Amanda x

dowsx4 05-29-2004 08:53 AM

Hey nelie! I am newly diagnosed with pcos too and am learning more about it. I am currently taking spironalactone for my hair issues from the pcos. It sounds like you are off to a great start and your plan sounds similar to what I have followed for the last 14 months!

lessofsarahtolove 05-29-2004 11:35 PM

Welcome, Nelie! :wave:

Good job, Nelie, on picking such a warm, supportive group! :high: This folks here are phenomenal when it comes to receptive, empathetic, sincere support. I know that the sense of community I feel here has played a really key role in my success in sticking with the positive changes I made.

In addition to some fellow PCOS folks here in this group, elsewhere there are some threads devoted to PCOS, so do a search if you haven't already, as you'll find additional support specific to it.

Nice to have you join us -- remember to read and post often!

nelie 05-30-2004 03:27 PM

Thank you guys for all your kind words.

I weighed yesterday and I was down another 3 pounds which really picked me up. Today, I woke up early to go to an aqua fitness class at my local Ballys. It was a lot more intense than I expected, so I think I'll definitely go again. I am glad that my Ballys rebuilt a brand new one gym near my house, complete with a pool.

tolose85 05-30-2004 10:02 PM

Welcome Nellie! This is a great great group of people here. You are off to a wonderful start! Keep up the good work.. Good luck!

artist 05-31-2004 04:06 AM

Hey Nelie
Congrats on the 3 pound loss - that is a fantastic start. Hey, and a brand new gym and pool close to your home.....now you have no excuses. Really gladd you enjoyed the aqua class, just keep going!

missaprylj 05-31-2004 07:39 PM

Congrats on the loss!

Welcome to the 100lb. Club. *cough*bestforum*cough* :D:D:D:D

Post often, jump right in!!! -Apryl

howie6267 06-01-2004 12:13 PM

Welcome Nelie it's great to see you here.

SuchAPrettyFace 06-01-2004 08:23 PM

We really ARE great, if we do say so ourselves. :lol:

barbygirl43 06-02-2004 12:34 PM

Welcome, welcome. Sounds like you are off to a good start and found a plan that works for you.