got the blahs

• I don't know if I'm just getting bored, getting close to that virgin territory or what but yesterday I just didn't feel like counting anything, measuring anything or doing anything to promote a healthy lifestyle. I was throwing myself one of those "why couldn't I have been blessed to be able to eat anything and not gain any weight parties." I did lay out in the sun for about an hour and try to analyze what's going on. I'm guessing it's because I'm nearing that virgin territory. I just have about 4 pounds now until I get down as low as I've ever been while trying to lose weight and not on the upswing.

Even my 3 pound loss this week without much exercise or thought put into my meals didn't excite me.
    So for this week I decided I would fast the first and last day of my week (just fresh squeezed/purreed juices and broths only) I figured it would really challenge me and it hasn't. I haven't been super hungry on it or anything. We are having a cookout on Saturday and I plan on having a few beers so I figured I'll plan on ending the week with a fast as well.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
  • You can do it Dawnyal, just hang in there. Boy those beers will really kick in if you fasted all day. Have fun and enjoy them. Just keep on plan and you will be fine.
  • It does get boring doesn't it. I think that's about when I take a nose dive. When it stops exciting me. But if we really think about it, lots of things in life that we do everyday aren'tvery exciting. Brushing our teeth, taking a shower. I just do it because I know I have to. No questions asked, but not all that much excitement either. I think that's what making this a way of life is all about. Yes, you can weight lift and transform your body and you can try new recipes and really learn how to cook the healthy way...but no matter how you mix it up, after a while it just becomes "normal" (anyone seeing a marriage correlation going on here ) But normal isn't so bad. It's kinda good actually. Eat healthy, exercise - have a fit body & loads of energy. Quite the payoff I think.

So while you may be kinda bored now - stick to it...it's so well worth it!!!
  • Great thinking Sandi. That made tons of sense. I have not hit that "blah" stage yet. Maybe it will stay away. I guess I have so made this a lifestyle now that it is normal. Everyday is not always a good day though for me. I love McDonalds fish fillet sandwiches, and I have to fight the urge to get one often. Everyday is a challenge for me, but I figure my arteries will thank me later. I think you just really have to change your way of thinking and then it will all come together.
  • I'm doing much better today and am right on track. I think I just needed a couple days break from worrying about what I eat and how it's going to affect me and just let myself go. I know the key is to not do that all the time but occassionally is all right.
  • i love the marriage comparison
    I feel very blah right now too. I have been on my diet plan for a month and in the begining everything was fresh and now I feel like it's the same food everyday. I am trying everyday not to pull the car through the McDonald's drive thru. I try to get through each day, sticking to my plan. I try to think long term, such as, "It didn't take a year to put all this weight on," and I want to set a good example for my children, eating well, exercising, and basically enjoying my life. Right now I feel like I am treading water with my life, I wish I could dive in and get wet.

Michelle
  • I have also had my blah phases too. Actually, I have come to the conclusion that the 'blah' bit is not particularly boredom about the healthy lifestyle - its boredom/blahdom about other aspects of my life. I realised this when I thought about what I used to eat/what I used to do......on balance I think I have more variety in my eating now, than I did in my less healthy days. And sure, some days I don't hugely want to exercise - but as Sandi says there are plenty of routine things in life we do that are not hugely exciting, but necessary....Also, I think what helps me is that I do very little counting and weighing of food - now that would really bore me......

Michelle - I think, however hard, you just have to dive in and get wet right now! Sometimes you just have to challenge yourself not to hide behind the size thing......I think you can only 'crack' this by living the life you want to live now, not waiting until you are a smaller sized person......
  • You said it Sandi. This has to become "normal" for it to last but it can be so boring. Especially in the maintenance phase. No more exciting payoffs like the numbers on the scale going down or significant changes in clothes sizes. But it is something we have to do, day in and day out, if we want to have healthy, fit bodies and lives. This is definitly a lifestyle change not just a diet. There can't be an end or we would just go back to the habits that got us here in the first place. I guess we may just have to accept the "blah" aspect of it all if we want to reach and maintain our goals. Good luck guys and don't let the blahs get the best of you. Remember, one day at a time.

Beverly
  • Hey Bioaby when are we going to get a new pic??? I want to see what you look like at 140!!! Isnt it funny how different people can weigh the the same but take different sizes! My mom weighs 143 and wears between an 8 and a 10 and I weight 162 and wear between a 10 and a 12? When I get to her weight I would be in like a 6 or something!