Old 05-27-2004, 08:24 PM   #1  
2006 - Panda Remix

Default Oh. My. God!. Apparantly I'm getting married next year!

Some of you may know that Me and Nigel (my man) got engaged just before Christmas. We'd been talking about it for a while, but we've never really sat down and made any actual plans. But we got talking yesterday, and I said that realistically I guess we would not be getting married until summer 2006 - and Nige said 'no, we will definately get married next year!'

It's wierd but it's never seemed real until now - me and Nige are the worlds worst (or should that be greatest?) procrastinators - so I never thought about an actual date. I told him that I will not get married until I am a size 10 or 12 (UK size) - but since we got engaged last December I've actually put on weight! But we are both really broody and I think Nige can hear my body clock ticking as neither of us are getting any younger - so next year it is! We don't want anything big, so it should be easy enough to organise.

So now I need to lose over 100lb in the next 14 or so months! I have mucked about for sooooo long - I really want to look and feel beautiful on my wedding day, and be a fit and healthy mother, so this is it - I have no time for half measures and half hearted attempts anymore!

I AM GOING TO DO THIS! - AND DO IT NOW!

I know it is possible because I have seen people on this forum who have succesfully lost over 100lb. I'm just going to take it 7lb at a time and I am NOT going to give up!

I know you guys will support me over the next year - so I thank you in advance!

Love Amanda x

PS: Boy, I don't talk that often, but when I do......

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 05-27-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:16 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Ohhhhhhh how exciting! WOO HOO! ANOTHER wedding to look forward to!!!

Okay, listen up. You CAN lose 100lb. in 14 months. How do I know this for a fact? Duh! I did it and believe me, if I can do it, you can do it!!! (I guess now is not the time to remind you I've packed a bit of it back on, is it? )

You need a solid plan (mine was Weight Watchers) and lots of motivational tools (the wedding's a pretty big one I'd say). Find a picture of a lovely dress, in the size you want to be, and tape it to the fridge. That's a start.

Drink lots and lots of water every day. Move your body more. Eat less. Not as simple as it sounds, but it can be done. HECK, IT WILL BE DONE. YOU WILL DO IT!!!

P.S. - Yes, it's after 9pm and I'm still at work and totally wired on coffee (milk, not cream, and no sugar!)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, that's so cool!! A wedding sounds like some great motivation. You can do it, and we will support you all the way!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:07 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Amanda,

You can do it!! And we're here for you. Wow, I'm excited for you.

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:36 AM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Congrats girlfriend!

We want to see the wedding dress you put on your fridge for motivation!!!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks friends!

You know up to now, I haven't looked at wedding dresses at all - but the other night I had a 'vision' of me in a gorgeous wedding dress with long flowing hair (my hair is quite short and I'm growing it long). That image makes me feel determined - I want to look and feel beautiful and why not?

JILLEGAL - I'm so glad you told me that you have successfully lost 100lb in 14 months - I was doing the maths last night and boy is it going to be tight! There really is NO room for slackness or weeks off, but it will be so worth it! Thanks for your advice, it has really spurred me on because I AM following WeightWatchers and doing all the other stuff too!

I've written out 4 weekly menu's to follow and that really works for me as I know what I am going to eat each day - and I need that discipline at the moment. My menu's even allow for chocolate twice a week and a pizza on a Friday night, all within my points! Of course, as I lose weight my points will reduce and I will have to be stricter, but that is quite a long way away.

In the spirit of no more mucking around, I'm going to start swimming - I have always refused to go as I look too fat in a cossie, but it's time to stop the BS! I know swimming is a brilliant all round exercise, so I am going to start going to a women only session twice a week (Plus the gym and home exercise bike).

I'm definately going to find a picture of a gorgeous wedding dress and pin it up - that will be so motivating! I haven't got a scanner so I won't be able to post it I'm afraid - but Nigel has just bought me a web domain as a 'present' (Hmmm, I'd have preferred jewellery! ) - so when I get organised I can post pictures there (I think - he's the technical one!)

Anyway - I've gone on too long (again!)

Thanks guys!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #7  
JML
Success Story!!!

You can do it, Amanda! You're on the right track preparing your menu and including times to have treats! This next year is going to go quickly for you, but you must be so excited now that you guys have actually set a date!!! My best wishes to you!!!!!

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:10 AM   #8  

Amanda, Congratulations!!!! I am giving myself 12 months to loose 100 lbs. It averages out to about 1.79 pounds a week. You are right though. There is really no room to dilley dalley around. I have being loosing more than that every week, so I know that you can do it also! The pictures on the fridge is a wonderful idea. I need to do it for motivation also. It's wonderful that you have your plan all in place. I look forward to seeing you in your beautiful dress in 14 months!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations. I think that is great you are setting a date. I too know you can do this. The key is when you do overindulge do not give up and keep on going. I think 14 months is very realistic in losing the weight since the average is 1 to 2 pounds a week (if you stay on the 2 pound a week side thats 104 pounds in 52 weeks.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such great news!!! Weddings are wonderful. And they can be quite the motovator.

I also think that 100 lbs in 14 months is totally doable, and it sounds like you have a great plan in place. I know you can do it!!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:03 PM   #11  

Hey Amanda

Congratulations! You sound soooooo motivated, I'm sure you can do it. Looks like you've figured out your plan of action, too. Just keep at it.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote