3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekly Weigh-in April 19 - 25 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/39622-weekly-weigh-april-19-25-a.html)

lessofsarahtolove 04-19-2004 04:31 PM

Weekly Weigh-in April 19 - 25

Hey, everybody -- thought I'd start off the new week. I'll start:

I'm down 2 more pounds, with TOM. If it weren't the final week of my first goal, I would be nothing but happy. Since it is (see siggy below) -- I'm concerned.....am I out of my mind to be so locked into this goal I've set for myself? I just know that if I don't make this first goal, I'll be so disappointed. I'm not worried about it setting me off course -- I'm definitely in this for the long haul! But to not even make my first goal.....pretty lame. I didn't think -- still don't -- that it was too aggressive. It's right in line with how I was trending in loss. Ok, Sarah, calm down. Whoa there, girlfriend. I could still make it, right? I'm thinking I might need some objective feedback here.....could someone talk me off the ledge here? :dizzy: I'm sure I'll feel better about it in a couple of days, once I regain my hormonal mind. ;)

I anticipate that everyone's going to have lots of perfectly reasonable, level-headed feedback on the danger of scale-addiction...and I'd say that I'd normally be right there with you. I'm not sure why I'm so concerned about it now.....I guess because it's my first goal, and I really want to achieve it? I'm open, people....bring it on! Can I make it? Should I make it? Should I be so concerned? Is this just hormone-related freaking? Help! :^:

chequitagirl 04-19-2004 04:51 PM

i am down 2 more lbs. for this past week. that makes a total of 56 lbs. CONGRATS to all the other losers and keep up the hard work.

artist 04-19-2004 05:44 PM

Hey Sarah

I think that you are doing absolutely brilliantly, and that you should stop beating yourself up about whether you reach that first goal next week, the week after, or the week after that. You should be happily celebrating how well you are doing, in my humble opinion!!!!

Keep up that good work girl,

Stinger766 04-19-2004 06:04 PM

First to Sarah.

I think you're doing great. Your weight loss in the first few weeks will be a lot more than your weight loss after that. The amount you've lost so far is a huge amount. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself if you don't lose to the goal you set. Honestly I think it's a little higher than you may want to go. The doctors all say 2 lbs a week is a safe, healthy and reasonable loss to expect. I'm thrilled when I lose more than that but I'm happy with the 2. It adds up quick, even at 2 lbs per week.

It's possible that you might reach the original goal you set but don't get bent out of shape if you don't. How many people do you know that have lost what you have in the amount of time you have? You've done spectacular and should be extremely proud of what you've done so far. :)

My stats are below. I'm doing great too, feeling great and more inspired every day. :)

Talk to you all soon!

missaprylj 04-19-2004 06:09 PM

-7 for my first week ever in my life counting calories. Crazy. It works....

I'm @ 222. :D

melsfolly 04-19-2004 08:20 PM

Congrats to all the losers so far! And Sarah...there is still a chance you can reach your 1st goal, but even if you don't try not to let it discourage you! After the April Fools challange I said I would never again set a weight goal by a certain date unless I set something lower than whatever my first thought was. I did make my goal then, but just barely and I worried all the last week about it. Not worth it! Just let your body do it's thing and you do your part by eating right and exercising and it will out wash out in the end. :soap:

Melissa

tolose85 04-20-2004 10:04 AM

4 lb loss this week.. Putting me into ONE-derland! 196 lbs. My husband said that he thinks I look better than he's ever seen me!! WOW The trick? : I added more exercise.. Fancy that.. Exercise really works! Cardio Every day!! (20 min)

Sarah, You are doing so well. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know how you feel though, I wanted to be at ONE-derland LAST week but I was short a pound or two.. You will reach ALL of your goals and you should celebrate EACH ONE.. regardless of when it happens. I am proud of you!!

Tammy32 04-20-2004 11:29 AM

Congratulations Sarah, Audrey, Apryl and Gretchen!! :) :) Way to go!!

Sarah, If you don't make your goal it will be by only a couple of pounds. I think you are doing great anyways. I try to set my goals with an average of about 2 lbs. per week. I am trying to alleviate stress from my life, and I know if I set my goal to high it will stress me. You are so close to your goal. You are doing a fantastic job!! Don't let it stress you.

lessofsarahtolove 04-20-2004 01:24 PM

Thank you SO much!

I just want to say how much I appreciate kind, supportive response. I really appreciate it so much, and I'm soaking it all in and will try to relax the pressure I'm putting on myself. I really am proud of my results so far, and I don't take it lightly.....I've worked hard to reach this point. I have to say that I still really hope that I make this goal, and I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen (short of compromising my health, that is!) I'll do whatever I can, say my prayers, and hope for the best. And if I'm off by a pound or two, so be it. I'll just hit it the next week. *she said in a determined voice with a squinchy expression on her serious face*

Thank you again for being so kind and taking the time to respond to me. You're all just plain sweethearts. :goodvibes:

Hey, and GREAT JOB TO ALL THE LOSERS!!!!!!! Great job to all the maintainers, too -- it's all a battle and we're just doing the best jobs we can, right? With the support that we give each other here, we're all going to make progress.......as long as the heart's ready, the mind will set itself to follow.

looosingit 04-20-2004 04:16 PM

Wow! Congratulations to everyone.

Welcome to Onderland Gretchen!

WTG Apryl!! Calorie counting really seems to have worked for you!

Twoderville for Audrey next week! Woohoo!

Sarah - It's always frustrating when the scale doesn't respond the way we think it should! I have had that frustration MANY times. I now make only non-scale goals, because they are the only aspect of my "healthy" lifestyle that I can control. For example I aim to exercise a certain number of days per week, or eat within a certain calorie range, drink my water, etc....For a while I even kept an Excel chart with each category of my plan and I checked them off as I completed them each day.....Guess I'm a geek - what can I say???? You've lost 25#s in 7 weeks! Give yourself some well deserved credit lady!

I weighed in last night for the first time in 2 weeks (WW was closed on Easter Monday)....down 2#s! Hooray....I'm at my lowest weight!

StartingOver 04-20-2004 06:25 PM

The same.... I need to get on the move...literally

Angie

melsfolly 04-20-2004 07:17 PM

Good job Grethen, Kris and Angie!! And just in case you're wondering Angie falls in the good job category because even though she didn't lose this week, she didn't gain either which is just as important! :yes:
Melissa

barbygirl43 04-21-2004 12:02 AM

I'm down 3.5 this week (so I lost the 3 I gained from the week before plus 1/2 pound woohoo)

Sara--> I ditto that you have come so far. You have already lost almost 17% of what you set out to lose. That is quite a bit already. I wanted to be down to 275 by Easter and gained 3 pounds the week before. I didnt' get upset and quit, I just moved that goal to Memorial Day. To me this isn't something I'm doing to lose a few pounds (Okay so a lot of pounds) but it is a lifestyle change that I will be having the rest of my life and in the process will be shedding a few pounds. Like the others said, if you don't meet it by the 26th, who's to say you won't get their by May 1st? Keep you head up and be proud of all you've accomplished. If you need a reminder of where you came from just head to the grocery store and grab yourself 25 lbs of potatoes and carry them around for a few minutes. :)

artist 04-21-2004 04:34 AM

Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!! I'm 3.6 lbs down this week....which is the most I've lost in a week since I started this journey!!!! I put this down to an increase in exercise, and extra diligence on my eating plan......and h-o-o-r-a-y this means that I am now just over 25% of the way through my journey!!!!! And, just for that extra icing on the cake (LOL), I've gone from being a 15 stone something person, to a 14 stone something person......that crazy English system we have (14 lbs in a stone).....

gonzostar 04-21-2004 10:42 AM

i lost one of the two i gained last week... that's good i guess. i am SUCH the yo-yo lately, it's driving me insane!!