3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Non Scale Victories for April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/39356-non-scale-victories-april.html)

Sheila53 04-13-2004 05:50 PM

Non Scale Victories for April

Okay, I don't have any, but I'm hoping someone else does. I went to the doctor today, hoping that my cholesterol was going to be down after losing 71.2 lbs. and taking supplements, etc. so that I could have a NSV. However, it's only gone down a few points--still in the 240s. So disappointing! Someone in my family tree must have gone swimming through a genetic cesspool. . .

I need to hear some NSVs now!! :)

missaprylj 04-13-2004 08:22 PM

I packaged up my remaining Easter candy (we won't talk about how much I ate) and gave it to a friend!!!

Then, my neighbor brought me a chocolate rabbit, I ate the ears (I have to!) and threw the rest away!!

Those were exciting. :-)

melsfolly 04-13-2004 08:33 PM

When I was in my 20's I had a job that required business suits and as I gained weight I kept sticking those nice suits in the back of my closet for "one day when...". Twenty years later I was finally able to wear them - or most of them anyway. Unfortunately 2 of them were still too small when I tried them on a couple of months ago and this week when I decided to try them on again they were TOO BIG! Now they are all packed up to go to Goodwill just in case I decide to hold on to them for another "one day when...". :sunny:

artist 04-14-2004 03:54 AM

LOL. Had to laugh at Melsfolly.....me, I am just slipping about in clothes that are too big....I am too mean to buy new ones at the moment!!

But I have some strange NSVs for you:

- Increased energy levels. Yesterday I did an hour of Pilates, 15 min weights, 45 min aquarobics and 15 min swim....then I spent the evening washing up for 60 people and dancing...and I wasn't even tired when I finally got home. There is no way I could have done that a few months ago.

- Healthy Eating habits. It struck me, a few days ago, that I seem to have become a person who can keep chocolate in the fridge, and nuts in the cupboard, and go for days without even thinking of eating them. I find this nothing short of miraculous!

- Strange appearance of something which might be muscle. I do believe that when I flex my arms, I can actually just about see something, way deep down there, which might possibly be described as muscle.....

- And, for the finale, LOL, I believe I may have discovered some "sitting bones" on my butt, during my Pilates class.....

chequitagirl 04-14-2004 10:45 AM

i had measuring over the weekend and am down another 8 overall inches which makes a total of 27 inches for the year. CONGRATS to all the other nsv.

dowsx4 04-14-2004 10:49 AM

Claire those sitting bones hurt when you sit on a hard surface!

Sheila53 04-14-2004 11:57 PM

Hee hee! My aerobics instructor calls them "sits" bones.

I had a rather romantic NSV today. My DH and I were riding in the car and he said that when he looks over and sees me sitting there that I look like I did when I was in my (late) 20s. I was really pleased by that comment, especially because it was so totally unexpected and out-of-character.

barbygirl43 04-15-2004 12:25 AM

I bought a pair of size 24s and they fit. No trying to attempt to lay down in the fitting room to make sure they would zip. Many of my 26s are now also fitting me loose.

SuchAPrettyFace 04-15-2004 02:24 AM

Congrats, girls!!! :cheers:

Mine is pretty simple: I don't really have a sweet tooth, but when I do crave sweets, I'm very picky. I only like certain things, and usually allow myself to have them, rationalizing that at least I'm not filling up on stuff that doesn't taste good.

I didn't eat any Cadbury Mini-Eggs, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, or Starburst Jellybeans this Easter season. I allowed myself one treat, chose it carefully & savored it. (Russell Stover Coconut Creme Egg)

My batwings look like they might be on the verge of firming up.

There is a definite decrease in flesh just under my boobs, and my spare tire is getting much smaller. It no longer sticks out further than my boobs. Can't wait til the day it's actually smaller.

tolose85 04-15-2004 10:01 PM

Not really a victory but.... My underwear, bra and jeans don't stay on! I was at Walmart on Tuesday and I was in the sock isle when I realized my underwear totally slid down around the bottom of my "cheeks" haha. I had to reach and pull em back up! I can pull my jeans off now without unbuttoning or unzipping them! It a love-hate relationship here. I love that I am loosing the weight.. I hate that I have to keep buying new clothes!! What do you do about the in-between stages? Do you make do with what you have or keep buying new clothes knowing that in another few weeks They won't fit!! :) I guess it's not such a bad thing afterall! YIPPEE!

Ivanna B. Skinny 04-16-2004 09:58 PM

I havn't really been advertising to my husbands family that Ive been trying to loose the weight, and the other day my mother in law asked " have you lost weight?" That felt SOO GOOD. Plus, I FINALLY dropped a size...Ive left the 20's behind, I'm gonna get rid of all of my "FAT PANTS!" :D

Tammy32 04-16-2004 11:39 PM

I had to go to the doctor today for a very nasty rash that I found out was contact dermatitis...Now I have to find out what I am coming in contact with that is not agreeing with me. Anyways, I had him look up my last blood results. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I was so worried that it might carry over. I can proudly say that my blood work came back excellent. As of six months post partum I am within normal ranges. :) :)

Ivanna B. Skinny 04-19-2004 11:27 AM

OK, I have another one!
In February, my sis in law gave me three shirts for my birthday. They were regular size XL, and I couldnt wear any of them. So, of course that really made me feel awful. Well, today Im wearing one with a pair of capris and I feel fantastic!!! :dancer:

looosingit 04-19-2004 11:55 AM

Wow! Lots of NSVs!

Her is mine:
As I've mentioned....exercise is my weak point. I have started taking a running course working up to a 5 kilometre race at the end of May and am getting pretty into it. So far I have been running with the class or with a friend who is taking the course with me.....I'm not great at motivating myself to go running on my own. Well, yesterday my running partner was ill, so it was miss my run, or go on my own. I actually went out on my own!!!! That may not sound big, but to me it is HUGE! I am so intimidated by exercise that I cried the first time I went to an aquafit course on my own. Maybe I am getting over my "fear" (intimidation is probably a better word!) of exercise! Yay me! If that is true, there will be no stopping me!

Also - I ran on my 30th birthday AND on Easter Sunday! Generally, I would have used any excuse not to exercise!

tolose85 04-23-2004 10:01 AM

Big Big Big Nsv For Me!

Hey girls..

I am so excited and had to share the news with you! Last night on a whim, I decided to get out the bag of "skinny" clothes that I had stored in my garage and low and behold a lovely blue dress NEVER worn.. I bought it as a 3 piece suit, jacket pants and dress.. When I bought it the lady said that I could switch the pants for a larger size so I did, I never wore the dress part because it would never fit (4 years ago) size 14 W. Well last night I decided to at least put it on to see my progress and it FITS!!! I couldn't believe it. I kept it on for an hour.. I called all my friends! What motivation.. I am so so happy. I couldn't fit a 14-- 4 years ago! I really am a 16 in pants etc. now but the 14 dress fit! Now I just need to keep going so I can wear a 14 in everything! It's so amazing. I just wanted to share my story..