Old 04-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default Hi all, sorry it's been so long.

I'm back to try this again. Sorry if I ignored any emails or post. It's just when I went off my diet this site was the last thing I wanted to look at. Maybe I'll be successful this time. I'm just starting a new diet. Today is my second day back on my diet and I knew if I did not come here to have some kind of support system I would never do it. I've missed being a part of this group. I could kick myself in the #!* for leaving. That's all in the past though and today is a new day. I hope I can become an inspiration for others as you all have been for me.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Howie, normally I never advise people on what or how to eat because for 1 reason I can't really give advice about something I've never been able to accomplish and secondly I think this site is more about support than about telling someone what to do. However I'm going to just tell you about something and it is up to you if you want to do it or not. I don't know what 'diets' you have done in the past, a few of us are doing Dr. Phil's Rapid Start Plan and I think it is really working. So far I have lost 5 lbs, I'm sure some of that is water but hey I'll take a loss anyday! I'm not all that keen on Dr. Phil as a person or perhaps as he is on tv but I think the eating plan he has really works. Once you get over not eating a lot of carbs it isn't all that difficult. There is more info on the thread that I have here. Take care and best wishes.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #3  
Born Loser

Thanks for the advice Jen. I think I will stick to what I know best and that is just counting calories. I lost 200 lbs doing that. I injured my back a few years ago and put all but 70 back on. So if I can just get back into the swing of it I'm sure I can get this weight off. Again thanks for the advice.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #4  
Jen

Good luck with it Howie! Obviously it works for you. I could never get into counting calories, I've tried several times, I must have about 4 calorie count books and also tried journalling my food on fitday but I just couldn't stick with it. I guess that's what I like about Dr. Phil's plan as you don't do any of that. What was it that threw you off previously?
Old 04-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #5  
Born Loser

Just lack of comitment mixed with depresion I guess is what threw me off this past year. As far as counting calories I've done it so much that it is second nature. I hardly ever have to look at a book anymore and I keep track in my head. I guess numbers have always come easy to me so I think that is why calorie counting is just a good fit.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back!! Is Gardenwife coming back too? It's nice to have you, either way! Matt & Si missed you & so did we!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:04 PM   #7  
Born Loser

We are both back on track. I hope she will come on the boards but I don't know. Thanks I missed you guys to I have just been to ashamed to come back. I realize I did not need to be. I know this group is much more than just losing weight.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:54 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome back Howie! YOU know that WE know what it's all about, so please never feel ashamed to come to the people who've been in the exact same place and can understand totally and lend support. I've missed you - in fact when I very first came to this site you were the first person to welcome me and your site was a great inspiration to me.

It's spring and a time for new beginnings. Here's to success!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 PM   #9  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! I don't think I was around before you left, but I hope to see more (or should that be less?) of you in the coming weeks. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #10  
Jen

Heck if the only people on these boards were people who were actually losing weight there would be about 12 people altogether and they'd have to shut it down. Only kidding! But still there are plenty of us who have been working at this for a long time and it's always an up and down battle so there's no shame in admitting things didn't go the way you wanted. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and jump back in.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:13 PM   #11  

Welcome back Howie and hopefully Gardenwife! We all know how it is to fall of the wagon and how hard it is to get back on. This is one place you will never be judged for eating something you shouldnt. Please dont desert us again! At least just chat with us. I hope this is the time that you find the strength for the long haul.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #12  
Born Loser

Thanks all for the nice words. I will stick around this time good or bad. It's nice to be back.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #13  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome back Howie,

You are not alone. I have been coming here since 2000 ~ have been up and down and up and down ~ still haven't got it right. Sometimes I do better and have better motivation than other times. We just have to take it one day at a time and always keep trying ~ never give up!!! Because you have done it before ~ you know you can do it ~ you will do it again!!

Keep hanging in there ~ Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:17 AM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Jen, I'm glad you said it, or I would have.

That really IS the best part about this place. Who here *hasn't* fallen off the wagon at one point or another? We know where you've been & therefore would never judge you. How could we? Next week that could be me! And I wouldn't want you to treat me meanly, so why would I be mean to anyone? I think that is what makes this site different.

Glad to have you back!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:21 AM   #15  

Hi Howie

I'm new around here, so just wanted to say 'Welcome Back'.....I guess, for me, the point about this place is being able to 'come back', and to get some support when things are going badly, because that's when you really need it...
artist is offline   Reply With Quote