Old 04-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Jill, you are my hero! Talk about courage--you just can't believe how much I admire you for sharing what you've been going through. Everyone has been there, although I know I don't like to admit it and I'm betting others don't either. Thank you so much for letting us know that we're not alone, that other people here are having the same sorts of problems and thoughts. And. . .that we can conquer this stuff--WE CAN!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #17  
missaprylj

Good to hear you're back on track....

And some interesting confessions as well! (I'm not even going to *talk* about how I've been doing the last couple of weeks. )

Maybe it would be better if we all just said "Let's start today; let's STOP MAKING THESE STUPID EXCUSES, and LET'S GET GOING."

Come on, girls. Let's finally just *do* this.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 PM   #18  
:) Happy :)

YOU DESERVE IT! DONT DEPRIVE YOURSELF! SLIP UPS DONT MATTER! ITS CONSISTANCY THAT WILL SEE YOU THROUGH THIS! DRINK LOTS OF WATER TODAY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - FORGIVE YOURSELF! NO HARM DONE! ITS NOT A DIET! ITS A LIFESTYLE! YA GOTTA LIVE! DONT BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!!!!!!

<Mistie
mistiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:43 AM   #19  

Tammy - I'm a night-eater too, so believe me, I too have been there! I guess, like the others have said, planning for it helps. Me, I am Queen of late-night snack of low-fat cheese, fruit (mango, plums, pineapple - all very sweet), low-fat/low sugar yogurt. And exercise, A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y. However much I don't want to do it, I always feel great afterwards!

Jill - All I can say is I am totally totally in awe of what you have achieved so far. Losing so much is a fantastic achievement. And I'm sure, since you've acknowledged and recognised this current blip, that you'lle find your way through it, somehow.

(((Hugs))) to you both.
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #20  

Jill - thanks for being so honest! I am totally struggling to keep my focus and get back to my pre-Christmas weight. Why is it so easy to put on and so difficult to take off???? You and I started at pretty much the same weight....and we both seem to be having similar struggles right now (fluctuating around the same weight). I completely identify with what you are going through....I use your success as inspiration for where I'll be 20-30 pounds from now! I know that you'll get back on track in no time!!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #21  
Crazy Canuck

Gulp, I'm getting a bit choked up here...thanks for all the kind words. I know some people come here asking for a swift kick in the butt for motivation to get back on track, but that's not me. I'm perfectly capable of reaching around and kicking myself (it's much easier since I've lost weight too ) In fact, I may be too hard on myself and I'll admit to severe feelings of disappointment in myself the last few weeks. Unburdening my "failure" on you and receiving your wonderful words of support and encouragement is doing more than you probably realize; it does let me see a different perspective - a binge blip on the radar screen indeed! Thanks a bunch!! Together we can do it! (sounds like an idea for an Oprah show )
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #22  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Wow, what an awesome thread! I am so glad to read that I am not the only one struggling with this! I, too, have been a bit off the wagon lately. . .I've been under a huge amount of stress in my work and in my personal life, and several times I have caught myself stress eating. . .I'm talking late night trips to McDonalds and Taco Bell, you name it.

I have felt so guilty. I have still made myself exercise, but foodwise, it will catch up with me in a big way if I don't cut it out. I'm afraid to weigh, those gains get me down.

I think I have been going at this weight loss for over a year now, and maybe I'm just weary and tired of this hard work. I'm jealous of those friends of mine who don't have to be careful like I do, who are thin and perky and can eat without guilt and worry. I've lost 85 pounds and there IS the danger of, "well now everybody's being so nice to me, telling me that I'm looking great, and I can eat more for a while and then stop again". Very dangerous, because my old habits that I thought were consumed in the fire of my so called "discipline" are still living in me, ready to come out in an instant if I let them.

Thanks for the support and chance to re-focus!!! blessings to all of you guys!
irishwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:22 PM   #23  

Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I know what you're going through, I've been there myself. I hit a real rough patch near the end of my weight loss. I was thinking, I've come so far, did those last 20 or 30 pounds really matter that much? Yes, they did! But I kept cheating here and there and skipping some of my workouts. And then I realized that I was feeling out of control again and that I had to put a stop to it and refocus on reaching my goal. Otherwise, what had all of this hard work been for? I made a promise to myself that I would reach my goal weight and in the words of Miss Chris, I will not break my self promises. So I buckled down and got my butt back on track. And I kept my self promise. Sometimes you just have to kick yourself in the *** and get the job done. And remember, you can do this! Good luck!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote