3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Chat starting 3/28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/38612-chat-starting-3-28-a.html)

Sheila53 03-28-2004 08:31 PM

Chat starting 3/28

I hope everyone is having the same wonderful weather that we're experiencing. Blue sky, temps in the 60s, and everything is in full bloom. My DH went sailing (I got him lessons for Christmas), and he said it was the perfect sailing day. Soon he'll be finished with those lessons and want me to go out sailing with him--yikes!

This weekend, I put the deposit on my daughter's wedding gown, and I'm set to sign the contract on the site for the ceremony and reception, which I chose. She picked out the gown, but since she's on the east coast, and she's getting married on the west coast, I'm doing all of the other stuff. I haven't even met the groom yet, and won't until the wedding in November. :( When we're in Chicago in June, we're planning on meeting his parents on Sunday evening.

Speaking of Chicago in June, any word on the hotel yet? It's only three months away!!

Sandi 03-28-2004 08:50 PM

Hotel is booked and ready to go! All you need to do is call!! All the info is in the get-together thread.

I am getting excited about the get-together. I plan on being around Friday morning for the first to arrive. As it gets closer, I'll get everyone's travel plans. I giddy as a school girl! I'm thinking Friday night will be a whatever, Saturday maybe we'll do Taste early, and then maybe we can do our shopping at Marshall Fields. I'd really like to do a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. Then maybe on Sunday we can plan a walk and see the "sights". I'm completely open to ideas. It seems like there are only 7 people confirmed at the moment (sheila, sheila's DH, Rochemist, Jiff, Gonzostar, Me & Jillegal) I know SAPF might comes - depends on the job and funds. Daners, boiaby and Matt had said they were coming, but haven't confirmed to any of the latest posts.

Time to put munchkin to bed! I'll post more later!!

Sheila53 03-28-2004 10:36 PM

Doh! I should have looked on the first page.

We haven't seen Matt in a while. Any chance of PMing the three? Even with only 7, we'll have fun! :) I'd love to do the cruise. Anybody else a museum lover? I've heard there are some good ones there.

missaprylj 03-28-2004 10:39 PM

Hey-

Busy weekend here! Saturday morning was orchestra contest (I did a duet w/ my good friend Kasey and we got a "2" rating. The scale is *1, 1, 2, 3, Honorable Mention, so we did fairly well! We are happy.) And then, simultaneously I had to do the Spanish Speaking contest -like, my event of the year!- lol. Anyway, I did three categories this year *cough*over-achiever*cough and they were.... memorized narration, impromptu narration, and getting interviewed by the judges. (This is all in Spanish obviously.) ANYWAY... I'M GOING TO STATE IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited!!! I got so many compliments, and so many people told me I sound authentic and so fluent, I just wanted to cry. I love Spanish so much, ahhhh! I'm *SO EXCITED*!!

Then, tonight, we had a forensics (public speaking) night for our friends and family to come hear our speeches before we head off to state this weekend. :) My speech is included on another thread if you'd like to read it.

Have a GREAT week ya'll!

boiaby 03-29-2004 07:36 AM

Hi guys, I'll be there! I must have missed some recent get together posts. Still not sure if I'm coming fri or sat yet but leaning more towards fri cause I don't want to miss anything, especially the taste of Chicago! :D When I get my tickets booked I want to post my arrival times to see if anyone else will be at the airport at about the same time because I've never been to Chicago before and I'm a little freaked out by trying to get to the hotel by myself! :^: I've actually never done anything like this before so this is going to be quite an experience for me! This is going to be so much fun, and I can't wait to meet everyone in person :cb:

Apryl- You are so awsome! How do you find time for everything? Good luck tonight, you'll be great!!

Beverly

Charbar 03-29-2004 07:44 AM

I'm so excited for all of you that are going to Chicago! and I'm proud of you that are flying in from around the country!! I know that if I was single with no family I would be there. But my family comes first and I can't say yes to everything I want (sniff, sniff :lol: )
Busy weekend here.. just the way I like it. We have found a new church. (we've been "church shopping" for months) We really like this one and know we will be kept busy. :)

Spring is so close here (there are very tiny patches of snow here and there - but will be gone soon) We bought our house this past thanksgiving - so it's so cool that we will be able to do some yard work. We have one acre so this will be good exercise too!

Happy Monday everyone! :grouphug:

Dana

gonzostar 03-29-2004 11:30 AM

i am excited about chicago, too. i need to actually buy my airplane tickets but i keep having all these financial things getting in the way - crashing the car, for instance. don't worry, i'll get them, i just can't throw them on a credit card (since i have none - bad credit) so i'll have to wait a bit.

sandi, i like your improv schedule you tossed together! sounds perfect! i'll be there friday afternoon probably, and i think i'll fly out monday morning so i can maximize sunday. =)

in weightloss news, i had a horrible, horrible saturday night. so i decided to do a "juice detox" thing yesterday. all i had all day was juice, a smoothie, and a fruit posicle. i feel much better today, no food hangover, and i had a yummy breakfast burrito breakfast. i had a great workout yesterday and i'm going to repeat it today.

i guess i'm just a living example of that "try, try again" quote.

Jenaya 03-29-2004 08:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I am so envious of the folks going to Chicago - I would love to go. I have the family thing too so I am snivelling with you Dana. Oh well, we can live vicariously through those that are going because we know you will post every few hours to keep us up to date. Pictures too please. We would ask for gifts but that really would be taking things too far, right?!?!?! You will have a wonderful time and it will be neat for you to get to know each other.

Things are going well. The temperature is plus 2 so there is no blooming, definitely no sailing but sure alot of happy people now that the -45 stuff is gone not to be seen for at least another six months. I have my bike ready to go and can hardly wait until the snow is all gone - I think another week may do it.

My weight is coming down - slow but steady. Have a great week!

Jenaya

Jillegal 03-30-2004 01:48 AM

After deciding to drive, then changing my mind and deciding to take the train, then changing my mind again and deciding to fly - I've finally decided to drive to the train station and take the train to Chicago and then fly home to Toronto. :D

I'm arriving Friday afternoon at 13:40. Is the hotel far from the train station and O'Hare? I'm open to cruises, museums, "Taste" - I guess the Oprah thing never got off the ground...? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, even if it's only the "lucky 7" - I'm sure we'll have a blast! :)

Sheila53 03-30-2004 05:51 PM

Holly, Southwest is usually pretty cheap if you have it in your area. The internet specials are usually pretty good, although you'd have to borrow someone's credit card.

If anyone is arriving at Midway on Friday, we could share a cab ride downtown. Although I was in a cab in Chicago in December, and you really do see your life flash before your eyes when you think you're going to die! :)

So anyone here in real estate? The realtor and title insurance company completely screwed up a deal and the buyers backed out. The deal was supposed to close March 19, and no-one even called us up to tell us the buyers had backed out a while ago. I had to call today to find out why my Dad hadn't received a check. I am furious! And, frankly, I'm into seeking vengeance right now, but don't know what to do.

But, I'm not going to eat out of frustration. :)

gonzostar 03-31-2004 10:49 AM

a secured credit card for me in the amount of $300 should be coming soon. (i'm tryin g to rebuild credit, that's the way to do it!) so if i can get tickets for less than that, i'll put them on there! it'll work out.

lost one pound this week! i re-lost 8 pounds in march. yay me!

AngiKL 03-31-2004 06:35 PM

Hi everyone! We've all been sick (don't know if I mentioned this earlier) - especially Elijah who, thank God is now himself again! We're working up to getting him to sleep in his crib again. . .one hour last night and one short nap today. After sleeping on a parent in a chair for a week (he was very very sick and had a hard time breathing lying down), I don't blame him for not wanting to sleep alone! Anyway, we're workng on it. . .

So, here's my health news for the day - Elijah, the dog, and I went for a little walk in the neighborhood. . . what a victory! It was good to get outside, and to let the stroller do the carrying. And the dog was beside himself - he's been neglected since Elijah came home in October. So, mommy got in a little exercise for once in her life!

missaprylj 03-31-2004 07:06 PM

Get well soon Angi and fam!

Argh, I have to go babysit... 6:30-10:00.