Need Exercise Suggestions

• Hi ladies! I broke my toe on Friday night, and it's currently all purple and swollen twice the size it should be. I mostly do Tae Bo and Walk Away the Pounds, which I can't do because I can't walk properly. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks!
  • Raelynn!

I'm so sorry about your toe! Of course, I'd love to hear the story associated with this toe break whenever I break one of my toes, it's usually goes something along the lines of, "I tripped over the vacuum cleaner and slammed it into a door jam.... all very gracefully." If you haven't seen a doctor, make sure you tape your toe to another toe, it helps prevent further injury.

I might try a water aerobics class, or running in the pool. A good friend of mine who is a dancer broke her toe and the stationary bike was excellent for her.

Good luck chica!
  • Hi Jessica! The story behind this...I was rushing into my daughter's room, while talking on the phone, and stubbed my toe REALLY hard against the stationary bike on the way. My poor friend on the phone, she heard me curse like a truckdriver lol.
  • There's something a little Freudian about breaking your toe on a exercise bike, isn't there? How long has it been since you've used that bike. hhhmmmmm??

Hope it feels better soon! Like GJ said, tape it up nice and good to the next toe. You might want to put ice on it, and elevant your foot when you sit.
  • Hmmm.... I'm thinking lots of stretching, weight lifting for upper-body. ??? Sorry about your toe!
  • I suggest Pilates...