How long was it?

• How long was it before people starting to notice your loss? I know I am not doing this for anyone else. I notice and that should be enough but it would be nice if someone else did.
  • I have found that the bigger I am when I start, the longer it takes for people to start noticing. My husband notices faster, but then again, he's the only person who sees me naked.

At my current weight (somewhere in the mid-230s) I will probably need to lose 20 pounds before anyone says anything. You also have to remember that many of your friends and co-workers are debating the dreaded "If I say you've lost weight, you might think that I think you need to" dilemma.

Jennelle
  • I had to lose almost 50 lbs. before anyone noticed. Frankly I was a bit bummed out about that.
  • same here i lost about 60 lbs from 340 before anyone commented but now i rarly go anywhere without someones stunned comments. Even my hubbys boss asked me what i was doing and told me I looked great.
  • I've only lost 20 ... and one person has noticed ... but she's one of those super-observant types.

On the other hand, yesterday I showed up at work with new glasses ... different shape and color than I've been wearing for THREE years ... and only two people noticed ... the one who noticed the weightloss and one other. Most people are not all that observant!

Also ... remember that people who see you regularly may not notice for a while ... because they're only seeing one pound at a time. Those people might eventually notice that your clothes are big ... but if you're like me, you're moving into smaller clothes that are already in your closet ... so again, it's hard to tell. The people you see less frequently who will notice if you've lost 20 or 30 pounds since the last time they saw you. Know what I mean?

Please don't get discouraged. You are doing great!! Keep it up.
  • I have felt the same way....and still do....check out what people wrote a couple of weeks ago....
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36942
  • Boy, is my face red!!!
    Call me a sicko, but when I read the heading "How long was it?", my mind immediately went right into the gutter. I should have known you girls weren't comparing measurements of husband's/boyfriend's "attributes"!!!!!
  • Hey terffic --
  • Mary, you are not alone! Of course I clicked on it immediately when I thought it was something dirty. Sigh.
  • Yeah, I thought it was about length too - I was hoping for some tips on how to straighten them out for measuring since the number of WW points depends on how long they are. Whoever said size doesn't matter didn't know what they were talking about. We ARE talking about bananas, right?
  • Quote: Yeah, I thought it was about length too - I was hoping for some tips on how to straighten them out for measuring since the number of WW points depends on how long they are. Whoever said size doesn't matter didn't know what they were talking about. We ARE talking about bananas, right?
  • Too true Jillegal - That is an important question of size!

I would say that I probably lost around 60#s before anybody said anything to me about loosing weight. I find it somewhat comforting to know that people don't really spend that much time noticing or thinking about my weight as I thought they did.

I suspect that some people might have noticed that I was loosing weight before then, but were nervous to say anything....I guess some people feel that it is like pointing out that you needed to loose weight???

Congratulations Misty on the nearly 20 pounds that you have lost already!