Old 03-25-2004, 12:04 AM   #31  
Live for the Moment!

I went to the gym today for the first time in 8 months.. I'm not going to break this commitment to myself this time... Within 6 months, I'll be wearing a size 16..
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #32  
beautiful

i fit into both of my dad's computer chairs without the arms digging into my legs!~!!!! i can even sit cross legged. this is something i've been working on for a long time now. i was flabbergasted when i sat down and was like whoa!!! what happened to the chair?!?!?! then i went to excited when he told me it was the same chairs i had been using. YAY me!

and i quit smoking!!!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 01:53 PM   #33  
Losing Again!

Woo Hoo for all the NSV's happening! It's so fun to see what other folks are celebrating! Way to go everyone!

My March victories include regular visits to the gym, a happy shopping event, and a great comment from my dad...here we go...

I joined the YMCA at the end of February and since have been going to deep water jogging classes, walking and jogging on the treadmill 2-4 miles at a time, and I learned how to lift weights last week.

On Thursday we were shopping in Old Navy and I saw this really cute short skirt, but the biggest one I could find was a 16, so I said to myself, let's just see how far it is from fitting. Well, far nothing, it fit an so did the XL jean jacket and t-shirt that I had picked out to go with it. So I wore the outfit shopping yesterday and to the Mark Schultz and Avalon concert I went to last night. While I was in a restroom during yesterday's shopping expedition, I noticed that not only does the skirt fit, but my thighs don't visibly touch when I'm standing or walking...they still touch, just not below the hem of the skirt...which just passes the finger tip test (hands down to the side, skirt longer than fingertips) I love it!

Yesterday my friend and I stopped in to see my dad at his job since we were in town and I hadn't seen him since January. When he came up to the front he just looked at me and said, wow, it's been a while, you look so good. It's a little short, but looks good (refering to the skirt), one of his coworkers who had commented about my hair earlier (which is also short)...so when dad said it's a little short, she thought he meant my hair...it was a good laugh.

So anyway, I have gained and lost this month and have about 3 to go to get back into new loss territory (hopefully this week), but things must be shifting around and toning up because my clothes fit better and people are noticing again. Funny how God gives us good stuff like this when things aren't going exactly how we'd like!
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #34  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Way to go everyone...my goodness, I am really so proud of all of us!!

Dana....WOHOO on the size 16...at old navy no less. Doesn't it feel great...I also bought some oldnavy yoga pants in xxl...and they fit! This is a first for me too!

Br00klyn...great job about the gym....I recently joined one myself...and it feels so good doesn't!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:30 AM   #35  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I've been able to wear my size 20 jeans out & about. Wore them to the movies today & then to a dinner party tonight. My friend made me do a twirl & model them. She said they look great! (she's the friend who would tell me honestly, "they're too tight" or "you have camel toe", a good friend to keep around!)

They are a bit snug, but TOM is here, so they will fit great next weekend!

Congrats to everyone else, we can do this!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #36  

Way to go Aimee!! Before you know it those jeans will be too big!!
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:31 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm am probably the world's laziest person while I'm sitting down. If Jeff is getting up or sometimes not, I'll have him get me a drink, bring me a book, etc. It's nice getting waited on hand and foot you know. Well I also know this behavior isn't going to help me get healthy either so I can say that for the most part if I need/want something I get up and get it myself now. There are times this past week when I'll slipup and still ask him for something but not that often.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday, I thought for the heck of it I will put on a shirt I have that is usually tight and binding. Just to see how those inches lost really feel.... I couldn't believe it.. Baggy! No fat rolls hanging out on the back or side (still working on the belly). My husband noticed... HUGE accomplishment. and I 've only lost 19 lbs so far.. I can't wait to reach my goal.. This feels so good!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote