Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Arrow Thursday-Sunday Chatter

Well, today (Wednesday) was the 1 year mark of my Grandpa dying.

My great aunt also died today...

I have my first forensics (public speaking) competition Thursday night. I'm really nervous. It's kind of hard to memorize a 6 minute speech. (that I WROTE by the way.) maybe i'll post it here sometime. heh...

stress stress.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:16 AM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Anniversaries of deaths are difficult, especially the one year anniversary. A 6 minute speech....what did you write about? I would love to read it.

Today here in Massachusetts in snowed all day long!!!! It was a winter wonderland!!!! It was pretty, but I am soooo re4ady for SPRING. Although, I have noticed it is staying light later. I love that!!!!

Nothing really new....Just pluggin along. We are in the middle of finishing off our basement....so I am super siked...because the boys will have a "playroom" and momma and dadda will have a work out area!!! Plus, I will get to decorate, which is always a fun project. Can't wait till it is finished!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone

I know I have been away for a little while but it hasnt been on purpose,we had a pretty big snow storm here which resulted in loss of electric for a few days. We had to spend a few days with my sister and her hubby Even tho they were so nice and welcoming it still wasnt home,weel I am sure you know what I mean.

Anyway I went to the knee doctor the other day and the results were a torn PCL so I have a new brace of course. Have to wear this one for 2 months and then see how the healing process goes and maybe some thearpy will be needed. So there goes most of my workout for a little while not allowed to do alot of bending or squating.He said walking is good but dont over do it at first.
So I am real excited about getting to move around for I have been on the couch for 2 weeks now.

APRYL: Public speaking is a big challenge and very diffcult for me, but hang in there I am sure you will do just fine .

MB: Spring is my favorite time of the year I cant wait either. WOW!! a new workout room would be so wonderful we live in a really small house and I only have a small corner in the living room to workout,But we are building a new bedroom on this spring so maybe I can talk the dh into some extra space for workout space huh?
Old 02-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  

Apryl ... public speaking can be FUN once you get your first speech or two out of the way. Do you get to have notes while you speak? If yes, try to make an outline of your speech, print it out in a fairly large font, but keep it to one page if you can. You probably will NOT need it ... but it will be like a security blanket for you ... knowing you've got something to trigger your memory if you need it (but you won't need it). LOL!!! And ... I'd love to see what you wrote!

Gina you must live on Cape Cod if you got a lot of snow ... I border on Boston and got a very, very, very light dusting (like 1/20th of an inch). So, does that mean we can all visit you and your new basement and workout room over the summer.

We actually considered going to Cape for THIS weekend. Our plan was to check into the Sheraton in Easham cuz they have an indoor pool and then trying to do a bit of sledding (well plastic thingies ... not a 'real' sled w/ metal runners) or x-c skiing in some of the National Seashore walking areas!! We haven't had any "sleddable" snow since before Christmas! Then we heard it was going to rain

Kimmber .. I hope your knee is better soon.

Not much going on w/ me today. Looking forward to having my husband home tomorrow night ... things went better than expected last night when I told them he wouldn't be home. I know I shouldn't bribe my kids w/ food, but I kinda-sorta did ... I distracted them from melting down at the news that Dad wouldn't be home by telling them we'd have scrambled eggs for dinner and they could CRACK the eggs. For some reason they LOVE cracking eggs. I give each kid a small bowl and an egg, they crack it, I inspect it, pick out the shells if necessary and then pour it into my mixing bowl and they can do another one. Hey, it worked and they're learning to cook ... so I guess that's a good thing!!

Anyway ... enough rambling for today, time to get back to work!
Old 02-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well, I let myself get too hungry today and my chicken breast and salad just didn't look good anymore. Gave in to 2 taco bell tacos. It's not the calories (only 370), it's just that the chicken breast and salad was a much better choice. Lesson learned, eat those snacks. Even if I'm not hungry?? Hmmm, need to think on that one.

Going to the gym tonight. Going to do my upper body tonight. Really enjoying it. Doing great with my plan this week. Will be very interested to see the results on the scale. I usually weigh 3x a week, but lately it's been every day (just love that new scale). But I swore it off until Monday, just focusing on what I need to do.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:33 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hey Steph.....

I actually live in Pembroke....on the way to the cape...on route three....

You are most definitely welcome to visit this summer...or even before.....seriously, I would love to meet ya!!!!!!! (and the kiddos) We live on a pond...so it is loads of fun in the summer!!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #7  
missaprylj

I'm going on to Districts! my speech is about Gone With The Wind. I even bought a movie poster to use as a visual. I'll attach it sometime this weekend

Old 02-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #8  

Congrats Apryl!! Also my sincerest sympathy to you on the death of your great aunt. And I'm sure you're missing your grandpa on this day too. He would be proud that you did well enough on your speech to advance!

Gina ... I know where Pembroke is ... I didn't realize the snow had come "that far north". If it's not going to affect me, I don't pay all that much attention to the weather forecasts (how's THAT for narrow-mindedness?!?!) Thanks for the offer to visit ... maybe once my hubby's job is centered a bit more near home!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:42 AM   #9  

Hello ladies and any gents who might be lurking. April i can relate to the sadness of losing a loved one. I lost my dad when i was 8 and this year will be the 20th aniversary of losing him and i still cry and miss him terribly. On another note I LOVE the gym! I have such a good time there. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the treadmill and actually ran a full minute on the treadmill! I can do 4.0 miles an hour walking and did 4.9 for jogging! We finally chose a name for the puppy. Her registered name will be Maple Leafs Valentine Angel and she will be called angel.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Speaking of gents...where are they?? Matt...SI. Hello are you out there???

Had a great workout at the Y last night. I think I still need to up my weight. Not getting sore and I know I should be a little sore. Food & water are on track. This weekend will be a BIG challenge. Dinner out tonight I think I can handle. Tomorrow is my nephew's B-day party and that means yummy food and cake. Sunday I have a baby shower and that means the very same thing. I must plan, plan and plan some more.

Julie - So glad that you are enjoying the gym. Me too! I love it!! Angel what a great name!

Apryl - Can't wait to see your speech. Districts! Woo Hoo! Your such a smart little cookie. Sorry about your Great Aunt. I know what you mean about your Grandpa, I lost mine about 15 years ago. Jacob was asking about him today. It kinda made me sad. What's even worse is that my step-dad who I absolutely adore is very ill now and the mere thought of losing him too...I just can hardly stand it. Losing one Dad was bad enough, but 2.

Step - Don't feel bad, we bribe Jacob with food all the time too. Just yesterday we decided to keep him home from swimming because he isn't feeling 100%. I amde it "OK" by telling him that Daddy was going to take him to Wendy's.

Kimmber - How's the knee??

Gina - How's that snow??

HI to everyone else!! Have a great weekend if I don't pop back on!!

Closed Thread