Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #1  

Red face Tomorrow is a new day ....

I had a VERY difficult weekend, foodwise. I just finished exercising and am looking forward to getting a fresh start tomorrow.

It all started on Friday. The weather was lousy, the kids gave me a hard time about going out in the morning cuz they heard no school announcements on the radio but they had school (only schools in the western part of the state were cancelled). Then the forecast was for a horrible "evening commute" and my husband was due back from Connecticut. Normally I would have told him stay there and come back Saturday morning, but I NEEDED him home cuz we were having a b-day party for my son on Saturday and I had stuff to do. We even made a "back up plan" of him leaving his car there and coming home by train. All day long at work I got department-wide e-mails from people saying "I'm leaving early to beat the traffic, beat the snow, the ice, whatever". UGHH!!! I succumbed to some stress eating when I wasn't even hungry.

My husband got home w/ no problem. Then on Saturday the weather was worse than predicted. I got two phone calls from parents whose kids were supposed to come but were sick. I feared others wouldn't make it because of the weather and I began to feel like the worst MOm in the world for not getting this party in earlier ... you see, my son's b-day is Christmas day ... so we never have it on "the day" ... we had scheduled this for mid-January, but another kid in his class had a party the same day, and when his invitations came out first we needed to reschedule.

Then I had to go out into icey conditions and get the cake and the pizza. I did some stress eating. I ate cake. We had his party at a pool ... so I got a good swim in . We ended up with 12 kids and had this huge pool all to ourselves, so every body had a great time and my son was thrilled ... that's all that matters, right?!?

That night, we went out to dinner and I figured I had blown it, so I went a LITTLE overboard ... w/ a glass of wine, blue cheese dressing on my salad, and a baked sweet potato w/ butter.

Today we had church and my husband sings in an all-volunteer gospel group so we hung around late while he had practice. Then ... he needed to leave late this afternoon cuz he has an early meeting tomorrow and wanted to sleep there ... so that gave me very little time to get some errands, including grocery shopping done and do some of my weekly cooking. So I did a little MORE stress eating. NOT GOOD ...

But I'm done now and tomorrow I'll assess the damage and start fresh.!!!! Thanks for listening to me whine.

Last edited by Step; 02-08-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:38 PM   #2  

Steph, you're not whining, you're sharing. Don't let the weekend get you down. The worst damage will come if you let it throw you completely off track. The weekend is over, it doesn't sound like you were even all that bad, and the new week will be a new start. You're doing great and are going to continue doing great.

Here's to a great Monday for all of us!!
Old 02-08-2004, 10:47 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I was thinking the same thing, doesn't sound like you were all that bad. But you did the right thing, you came here, you shared and tomorrow is a new day. This journey will never be about perfection, it's about improvement and you are all that!!!

Let us know how you are doing on Monday!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:23 PM   #4  
missaprylj

You can't "uneat" so don't worry too much, just concentrate on today.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #5  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I think the title of your thread says it all...."Tomorrow is a new day!!!" and like OA says, "take one day at a time" At least you recognize your issue. That is huge!!! Here to a Happy Monday!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

steph... you did the best you could undert he circumstances, and you weren't perfct but you weren't ALL THAT BAD!!!! stop beating yourself up. your son had a great bday, hubby got home safe and sound, and you actually made some reasonable choices [like the sweet potato instead of a white one. more vits ya know..]
Old 02-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

Considering all the stresses of the weekend I think you did quite admirably - and you're right, it's a new day and the first day of a new week, a week that's likely to go more smoothly than last weekend - you'll sail through it and no doubt feel and see positive results!
Closed Thread