Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #31  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats to everyone on their NSV's. My victory this week is purely scale-related, sorry! But I am proud of all of you.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #32  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hip hip...Horay
Hip hip...Horay...

We all rock!!!!!! Let's keep up the FANTASTIC work.....let;s give up dieting and give up the scales....(sounds familiar....Kashi Go Lean commercial!!)
Old 02-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #33  

You girls are doing such a good job! don't know how I missed this thread before.

I'm so proud of you!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #34  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on all the NSV's!! I've had 2 NSV's this week that I'd like to share.

The first one is that in the middle of a conversation one of the managers at my company started starring at my hands and suddenly stopped talking. Of course I immediately looked down at my hand thinking that there must be something awful on my hand - a spider, a large ink spot or heaven forbid some big ole booger. But he said he was starring at my hands because he just noticed that my fingers were getting so skinny! (skinny isn't a word I associate with any part of my body....YET! )

The second one happened today at a company luncheon. The manager had golf shirts made up for all the employees at our branch with the company logo and our branch name on it. I've been living in the land of 3X's and 4X's for at least 10 years now so I wasn't all that excited about an XL shirt because I knew it wouldn't fit me yet. But IT FITS! And gosh I look good in it!

Oh, and I'm afraid that I have a NSF (non scale failure). For years people always said I didn't look as old as I was. I always claimed that it was because I had so much extra fluid and fat in my face that it poofed my skin so that the wrinkles didn't show. Now I've lost enough weight that the poof has gone out of my skin so the wrinkles are starting to show. But I'll take a few wrinkles any day over "finding" the 70 lbs that I've lost so far.

Melissa
Old 02-12-2004, 08:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Let's see. I just found out my 20 year old daughter is eloping on Valentine's Day with a guy I've never met (she met him 3-4 months ago in boot camp). So my NSV is that I'm not going out and buying cookies, chocolate, chips, and anything else I can get my hands on and scarfing it down because I'm so upset. I made a commitment to a 4 point February and I'm stickin' with it!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #36  
Crazy Canuck

OMG SHEILA...I feel for you. My daughter (23 at the time) did the same thing (she was covering the Olympic Games at Salt Lake City for a magazine and was sent to interview the subject, not marry him!!) Anyway, keep your hopes up - in my case they've been together 2 years so far and are still gloriously in love, so the same may very well happen in your case. As my daughter often reminds me, I married after dating the guy for 4 years and it didn't work out, so who's to say a whirlwind romance won't end up being the happiest marriage ever. But, I can see how it would make you want to reach for comfort in the way of food - so good luck with your determination to make it a 4 point month. If you do it, then you're my hero!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #37  

I thought I'd keep this going for February. Everyone has had such great NSVs!

I went to Dairy Queen today (it was planned--I have lots of WW Flexpoints left) and had a medium vanilla cone. I'm a big Blizzard fan, and when I get within a block of a Dairy Queen, my Blizzard compulsion usually overwhelms me so I usually stay away from the place. But today I had the cone AND enjoyed it immensely!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:41 PM   #38  

Sheila - good for you. My good news is my clothes are loose! I also got my hair cut with the addition of bangs and I keep getting the "You have lost weight" comment. I started to say "No, just got bangs - but ended up by saying Thank you".
Old 02-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #39  

Sheila,
Dan and I had our first date in July of '98 and were married in December that same year. It was crazy and now I know why our friends and family were so worried! Now, everyone "gets it" and we are happy happy happy. So, maybe this will be the case with your daughter? Hope and pray?!
Old 02-21-2004, 11:10 PM   #40  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter, Sheila. But you know what? In the military, they are thrown together morning noon & night, so I think she's got a pretty good idea of what he's *really* like. Good for you not bingeing.

Good for all of you!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 01:05 AM   #41  

Gosh, you guys are so great! Thanks for the pep talk. Thankfully, she got engaged, and not married--whew! Although it was not for lack of trying. There was a paperwork mixup. They decided they'd prefer a real wedding so they set the date for June 2005, which I can deal with. You know, Angi, I met my husband the middle of January and we were married in early June. This June will be 23 incredibly wonderful years, so I do know it can work. I rationalize it, though, by saying we were older and we'd both been married before. I'm definitely hoping and praying for my daughter to find the same happiness!

Jenaya, excellent work on accepting a compliment! It's kind of tough, isn't it?

Skinny fingers--all right! Melissa, have you ever tried Zia lotions? I started using them, and they are wonderful for the skin. I was worried about the wrinkle thing, too, but so far haven't noticed (or had other people notice--maybe they're just being polite!) any difference. I don't know what will happen when I get the rest of the weight off, but, you're right, wrinkles are better than fat any day! And, wow, congrats on the XL shirt!

My NSV for today was that I had a piece of chocolate--one small truffle. You really can eat only one small piece of chocolate and be just fine.

Last edited by Sheila53; 02-22-2004 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #42  

Great job with the chocolate, Sheila! That is quite a victory. I hope that someday I'll be able to say I ate one small piece of chocolate.....but I'm not holding my breath til then!

My NSV was to load a program called do-it onto my computer. It's a food journal/weight loss program that's easy enough to use but motivating, too. I just have the free trial version - if you pay, there are more bells and whistles. Anyway, I'm giving myself another chance because my 'weight loss' has been non-existent lately - I've actually gained a few pounds due to binge eating. Here's to new beginnings!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #43  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I have not eaten a piece of chocolate since December 21, 2003. Not a single bite. Not one M&M or one Valentine chocolate. I have also not eaten a single cookie, piece of pie, piece of cake, donut, scone...anything sweet...since December 21. Not a single bite. Not a taste.

I don't even really think about it anymore. That's my NSV.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:57 AM   #44  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

The latest NSV....my clothes are all fitting so much looser...and almost to the point it is even silly for me to keep waring them. All my bras are too big in the cups....and too long around the band/bust. Just another VALID excuse to buy all new undies!!!!!lol

Anyone else have any NSV's for this month as we are closing in at teh end of February?
Old 02-27-2004, 03:25 PM   #45  

My sister visited on Wed and made the comment that Lee needs to buy me some new clothes. I asked her why and she remarked that my pants were dragging so low, it looked like I loaded in my pants! I guess I never really noticed, but today i should have put a belt on because I was so self conscious at the library music program. My pants are so loose in the back that if I do not have a big enough shirt on to cover it, my backside is showing! Maybe I should get something this weekend
Closed Thread