3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   off topic: Survivor fans (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/36334-off-topic-survivor-fans.html)

Step 02-06-2004 12:53 PM

off topic: Survivor fans

1 Attachment(s)
OK ... file this under "get a life" ... but I made a Survivor "score card". As I was watching I really wanted to know which of these folks had been together on past Survivor episodes. So, I pulled the information off of the CBS website and put it all in one place.

AND ... I also put down the year of birth. That was an eye-opener. I was totally shocked to learn that Tom is only 4 years older than me, and a year younger than my husband. I would have guessed he was at LEAST 60 ... I guess it's his attitude that makes me thing he's so old ... now I'm even LESS tolerant of his baloney -- haha! And Tina, wasn't she painting herself as the resident "mom". Um, she's younger than I am and I would NEVER consider myself "mom" to anybody on that show. I mean GRANTED, technically speaking I could be the Mom to some of the younger people there, but since my oldest child was born in 1996 (the END of 1996) I just can't picture myself mothering somebody over 20!!!

Anyway ... I'm going to try to attach my "score card". It's a text document, I hope it works!!!

mthrgoos68 02-06-2004 01:11 PM

Step, Great work! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I guess it's definitely your own perspective on things. I'm 6 years younger than Tina and I'm a Mom to all of my kids friends. My 18 year old brings her friends, and their dates, all over for me to feed and mother and many of them are 20 or older. I know I would be like Tina in that same situation, trying to mother everybody.

Of course, as my husband says, maybe it's just because I'm nosy and always trying to run things!!

Sandi 02-06-2004 01:13 PM

Very Cool. But, yes, maybe someone has a wee bit too much time on their hands. ;) But I'm glad somebody does!!!

So Alicia is only a year younger than me. VERY intersting. And Colby, well I do like them young!!! :D

looosingit 02-06-2004 01:20 PM

Too funny Steph....I think that you must be the biggest Survivor plan every! Who is your pick to win?

Mothergoose - 20 year olds wouldn't keep coming over if they thought that you were being nosy and trying to run their lives! ;) They must appreciate the attention and care that they get from you! I know that I appreciate the attention and care you give to all of us online!

mthrgoos68 02-06-2004 01:21 PM

Thanks Kris, that made my day!

Step 02-06-2004 11:15 PM

You guys are funny!!! Mothergoose you ARE right ... it's ME who has the warped perspective ... most people don't celebrate the arrival of their first child after being married for 10 years ... but things don't always work as planned, do they?!?!

And Kris is right ... you must be treating those teens very well, or they wouldn't keep coming back. Good for you!!!

Sandi ... as for having time on my hands ... well, in some respects, I do. I'm some what "trapped" at night ... my kids go to bed, my husband's out of state and I can't go anywhere. On top of that, I live in a 3 story house (it's only 7 rooms ... but unlike me, my house is tall and thin!). My son makes me promise each night that I won't go down to the first floor ... he thinks that's too far away from his 3rd floor bedroom and sometimes he gets up to check on me :eek: So I stay on the 2nd floor w/ my family room (tv & computer), bedroom, bathroom and laundry room ... and I try to keep myself amused. AND, I admit, it keeps me OUT of the first floor kitchen after 7:30, so that's a good thing!

missaprylj 02-06-2004 11:16 PM

Loved it, Step! :) Thanks for sharing!!!!

Sheila53 02-06-2004 11:44 PM

Well, now I'm going to have to look and see who Kathy is because she's only a year younger than me.

I don't really watch the show, just catch bits and pieces, but I really am impressed by Rupert's integrity. I mean, the "smart" thing for him to do would have been to vote for Rudy, but he honored his commitment and just couldn't do that. He could have been playing that up for the cameras, but I don't think so. Wish he would win, but I'm betting he'll get voted off after everyone else figures out how to catch fish. He's too much competition.