Secrets for Success # 18

• "Joy is not in things; it is in us."

— Richard Wagner

From O, The Oprah Magazine, May 2001

I think this thought process is so vital to any weight loss journey. It is really important to keep this in perspective, because when we eventually loose all our desired weight, we are still going to have all the same problems. Unfortunately, they do not melt away with the pounds. This is a common misconception. I often find myself saying...."once I loose the weight I will...." or "when I am 100 pounds lighter......" That is not always true. It is about self love. Lets all give ourselves a big hug today!!!!!
  • This self love thing is so true! It's something that I'm having to learn. And I think it's not just about having "feelings of love" about ourselves necessarily, because real love is shown in action. We can love ourselves by taking action to exercise, change to a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress, eat in the proper balance, and just enjoy the blessings of life.

Losing weight for me has surely been an act of self love, one that I've never sincerely given to myself before. And the benefits of loving oneself never cease!!! Thanks for a real upper!!!