anemia, anyone?

• I guess I'm the only one here not watching the superbowl!

Does anyone take an iron supplement for anemia? I take an iron pill every day, but it's not enough. I've been reading about something called Floradix - an iron supplement liquid. Anyone ever taken it?

Go Patriots!!!
  • I second the GO PATS!!!!!

Hmmm, Mary, I can not help you with the iron supplement thing. What does your doc suggest? All my family is pigging out on pizza, so I am trying to go else wear for fufillment!!! LOL
  • have never heard of the liquid. not that that means anything... i've been battling iron deficiency for several months now [it's the surgery]. and nothing over the counter works. i'm taking Niforex. it's the stuff they give people with end stage renal disease.

two a day. and my iron has crept up from 29 [normal starts at 37] to 53.we want it a bit higher.

keep on trying!!! the last resort is IV iron. administered over several hours every few week. not a pretty thought
  • I take a thing called Vitron-C. It is iron with vitamin C. (You can get it at Wal-mart it is over the counter but has to be ordered.) The vitamin C helps with the absorbtion of the iron. One of the nurses at work was having trouble with her iron level and was taking supplements and found that the calcium she was taking was affecting the absorbtion of the iron.

Hope this helps.

Gayle
  • Thanks for the suggestions
    I just read that somewhere else, too, about the vitamin C helping the body to absorb iron. I think I'll try that one. Thanks!