3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   2/1 Super Bowl Sunday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/36088-2-1-super-bowl-sunday.html)

gonzostar 02-01-2004 02:19 PM

2/1 Super Bowl Sunday

happy super bowl! i'm not too worried about eating today cuz i'm still sick. maybe it's laryingitus? i can't talk very well. anyways, it's 11:15 and alll i've eaten so far is a banana. we'll have junk on the table and people coming over but all i really want is orange juice!

i peeked on the scale yesterday and i'm down 2 from the bad number i saw on wednesday. so at least some of it was water weight and such. makes me feel a little better. i mean, i know i still gained but taking of the extra 3 this month plus more is a lot more do-able.

have a good (rest of the) weekend!

missaprylj 02-01-2004 02:28 PM

Yeah, I put some on last weekend, and I don't think it came off this week. Oh well, weigh in is tomorrow and we'll find out then, I guess. I still think if I go gung-ho I can get to 215 by 2/15. (Which may I throw in embarrasingly was my goal LAST year. Hmmm....) Oh well. I really do need to work on my weekend eating though. It's kind of blechy. Why do we eat so much better when we're on a routine??? (Rhetorical.)

missaprylj 02-01-2004 02:31 PM

P.S. Only 14 days until my birthday!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jillegal 02-01-2004 04:52 PM

Okay Apryl, I'll do my best to remember your birthday...umm, what can I use to jog my memory? I know, on MY birthday I'll remind myself that yours is the next day! ;)

I don't have to worry about any Super Bowl party delights, but I AM going to a Survivor party tonight (imagine having a party that can't even start until at least 10 pm on a work night, I just might write and complain to CBS :p). We're all supposed to bring the one food item you couldn't possibly live without if you were stranded on a tropical island for 40 days - it boggles the mind and I bet there'll be lots of temptation. Seeing that I'm strictly "on plan" at present, I'm bringing a fruit tray (okay, I know you'd probably have lots of fresh fruit if you were stranded on a tropical island, but I don't mind being a party pooper :D). I found a low cal and fat free fruit dip that is absolutely delicious - it tastes sinful but is totally guiltless. Okay, it's pretty complicated, but here goes. You take one large carton of fat free sour cream and one package of coconut cream pie filling (not the instant kind, the kind you would normally cook). You pour the pie filling right out of the box into the sour cream, mix well and refrigerate overnight. Presto. It tastes like pina colada and when you dunk a chunk of canteloupe in it's a treat for sure!

Hope you're feeling better soon Holly, drink lots of water to flush it out of your system and gargle with warm salt water (I know, pretty yukky, but plug your nose and take a quick drink of orange juice afterwards - works wonders!)

Monkeybabies 02-01-2004 08:21 PM

mmmmm...Jillegal...the dip does sound sinful. I have to try that. YUM

Holly, hope you feel better.

Apryl...my theory about your retorical question is: maybe because when we finally see some results (by working out) we want to keep up the good work, and not ruin it by eating off plan. I dunno...does that make sense?

Well...everyone is eating...while watching the Superbowl...so I decided to distract myself by checking in one everyone here!!!

GO PATS

missaprylj 02-01-2004 10:32 PM

I always feel bad for the losing team. Poor panthers. :(

Jillegal 02-02-2004 12:30 AM

Don't feel too bad Apryl - they made more money getting to that game than we'll make in a lifetime. Sure, I know money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes being unhappy a whole lot easier to bear :D

kimmber72 02-02-2004 03:06 PM

Well i survived the big superbowl party last night It was really hard being the only female in the house but I refused to cook for them I made small finger sandwiches and fruit and veggies for them this was a big change from the traditional pizza and chicken wings well you know the routine. But the snacks went well and I felt really good about it afterwards having only eaten some veggies and fruit.

Jill~ the dips reciepe sound really great.
And to Holly I hope you feel better real soon.

Step 02-02-2004 08:42 PM

I had general 'rough day' yesterday ... and I can't say it had anything to do w/ the superbowl. I had a zillion things to get done and I had a sick kiddo on top of it. Eeek!