3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Daily - Weekly - Numbered chat thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/35802-daily-weekly-numbered-chat-thread.html)

Sandi 01-26-2004 05:14 PM

Daily - Weekly - Numbered chat thread

We used to have numbered chat threads that we just kinda restarted whenever it got long.

Then we recently started a daily chat thread which has seemed very popular.

There has been some discussion that the daily chats are great, but they are hard to catch up on.

So here is a poll, let's figure out what everyone would prefer!!!

mthrgoos68 01-26-2004 05:16 PM

Sandi, My vote is for the daily thread. I like the daily threads better and it seems as though a lot more people post on them when they are daily threads.

dowsx4 01-26-2004 06:53 PM

I too like the daily.

Jillegal 01-26-2004 07:43 PM

Another vote here for daily :)

gonzostar 01-26-2004 08:17 PM

nobody agrees with me? nmy point is, that if i don't get in here one day, but then i read that thread and feel like i want to reply to someone, we're already off on the new thread. i guess i could just reply in there, thus making the thread pop up to the top, but do we really want two or three days going at once? so if i replied in the NEW day's thrad, it would seem to come out of nowhere. i dunno.

i guess the only solution is to come here every day, huh? but sometimes... i just can't!

missaprylj 01-26-2004 08:54 PM

I agree with Holly and I think that the weekly thread would be a NICE compromise.

It's SO hard to keep "on the ball" if you're gone a day or two... I can't imagine being gone a week. It's way more fun, convienient, better, etc. when they stack up a bit. I think weekly would be best. My two cents! :D:D

Monkeybabies 01-26-2004 08:55 PM

I see your point Holly, but another vote for the daily!!!!

missaprylj 01-26-2004 09:07 PM

So, what is the positive to the daily threads, because, I can't really see it? Though, I'm sure once someone points it out, I'll be enlightened. :D

SuchAPrettyFace 01-27-2004 12:51 AM

B/c sometimes I just want to pop in & see how everyone's doing.

Monkeybabies 01-27-2004 09:47 AM

well Apryl,
SInce I am usually on here everyday (is that bad???) I too just like to see what is going on with everyone at that moment. KWIM???

I know, I am a internet geek, what can I say? Even though I have finally come out of hiding after the last year, you may still not know me, but I know all of you....LOL. I consider you my family!!!!!

mthrgoos68 01-27-2004 10:54 AM

Yes, that's what I like about the daily threads too. It just seems like everyone is more likely to stop and post a note about how their day is going.

Lekker 01-27-2004 07:52 PM

Ooh...polls closed at a tie! Well, I like both daily and weekly....However, I think it depends on the group. I spend more time over in Atkins and we do a daily chat there, but we quite frequently get up to 3 pages just on one day, so it makes sense to do a daily. However, on the 20-somethings page we do weekly, which works out great since it's a less active board - the weekly threads don't get imposingly long.

The daily is nice because I don't feel so 'out of the loop', and if the convesation ever dries up...well, there's always tomorrow! :)

We could always try the daily chats for awhile and if we're not satisfied, we could give the weekly chats a whirl...

Sandi 01-27-2004 08:02 PM

hmmmm, I thought I set it to close on Friday. I will see if I can get it back open. Can't seem to right now, but I will try again.

Ok, all better!! Vote away! It's a close call!!! ;)

missaprylj 01-28-2004 06:50 PM

OK... I have another argument for "weekly" because, frankly, sometimes when I come and tell you guys about my crisis, I want replies and I often times don't check in 2, 3, 4, times a day or reply about yesterday or the day before's post. We'll have all these daily threads all over the place. Just a thought.

Sandi 02-02-2004 09:58 PM

A tie!!! It's a tie!!!

Ok, let's give the weekly a try and see how it feels. Is that OK???