Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:26 PM   #1  

Default The Devil on Your Shoulder

What do you say to the devil on your shoulder when he/she is telling you to go ahead and eat?

I'm noticing that these moments of rebellion are what make or break my success. I feel sort of like I did when I wanted to skip class or doing something else that was "bad" as a kid. . .I just feel like being rebellious and eating something off plan. (For me, off plan is eating when I'm not hungry or eating way past "full.")

I usually remind myself "this moment counts the most." Or "this is the moment I have been preparing for. I can do this."

So, inspire me! Give me your best "angel on the shoulder" comebacks. . .
Old 01-21-2004, 05:12 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well.... the voices in my head are sometimes so loud... LOL.
I may say .....you aren't hungry,
I don't need it
you have come so far
Then after I am successful I will give myself a pat on teh back
like... hey you passsed on the (food) good job
Old 01-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Well...the voices are screaming pretty loud lately. But I am Praying that my Angels are yelling back louder. Hopefully, there reasoning is a bit more profound. I first ask if I really am hungry? Then I take a drink of water. If I am still hungry, then I eat. If I am just bored, I eat a sugar free hard candy or a sugar free fudgicle....that usually does the trick. Oh yeah, gum too. I also am drinking a lot more decaffenated tea....they are chock full of flavor, and I feel like I am "doing" something with my mouth.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  

all i have to do is look at the angel on my shoulder, because she is the smaller version of my self after i lose all my weight. when i see what i will look like one day it definately gives my angel a much louder voice.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:33 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

right now, that devil is telling me that i'm hungry. but i'm telling it that i've had quite enough food for now, and we'll eat after the 1 pm conference call. and we'll eat well!!! [pepper steak and veggies].

so for right now, i'm trying to shut the devil up with some SF chai. those pretzels keep coming back, though!!!!!
Closed Thread