Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default The "Post Instead of Eat" thread

Okay, I can't remember who started this before the crash, but I liked it, and I thought it would be good to continue it.

While I'm not having that much trouble right now, I'm already stressing about my trip back to Boise (where I used to live) next week. I hope I'm not the only one that remembers places they used to live by restaurants! My DD already asked if we could go to the Middle Eastern restaurant, which I'm not too worried about. But my son wants to go to a Thai restaurant so now that's two restaurants, and I'm sure that they'll all want to go to the place where the great cinnamon rolls are served (help me--I do, too!).

Going out of town has gotten me in trouble in the past, and I'd really like to change that. So, if anyone has any great tips, please share!

Oh, on a positive note, my friends haven't seen me in over a year and I haven't told anyone that I've lost almost 65 lbs. I'm pretty positive you can tell now! So maybe I can focus on enjoying whatever compliments I get and that will help me stay on track. Of course, if nobody notices, then I'll feel totally bummed. Aiyee, I can't win!

Last edited by Sheila53; 01-14-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #2  

Oh, man, remind me not to use smilies--what are those things??
Old 01-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Cowboy elfs? I don't know what they are, but they are scary!

I'm sure people will notice the weight loss...have a great trip to Boise....I'm going home to Cleveland this weekend to see my family (I've already told my brother that I won't be boozing it when I get back, we will see if that promise holds).
Old 01-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #4  

65 pounds is hard to overlook - have a great time!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

suzanne says that they're clowns. someone else said that they're the oompah loompahs from willie wonka!!!

take your pick!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  

Okay, I'm posting because what I really want to do is eat. I've already eaten more than I wanted (although I'm still in my points range so I can salvage the day if I try hard enough), and I really want to stop. The conditions are ripe for a semi-binge. Luckily, my stomach can't take a full blown binge anymore, but a binge is a binge if you know what I mean.

My daughter and husband took off so I'm alone with my Dad, who lives in a "father-in-law" suite in my house. I'm sick enough to feel awful (my lymph nodes are all swollen and my throat is sore, but not sore enough that I can't eat), but not sick enough to stay in bed and suffer all day. So I really want that comfort food. I'd like to clean the house, but I have no energy right now.

So, ladies and gents, I really, really need your support to get me through this day and help me remember that FOOD WILL NOT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER.

A cup of herbal tea might go down nicely now, though. It's gonna be a looooonnnggg day!
Old 01-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #7  

Sheila, I'll make a deal with you -- I'll go into my kitchen and make a cup of tea if you will. Then, we'll both sit down in a comfortable spot and thank ourselves for not bingeing. I'm off to fill my teapot...

mary
Old 01-16-2004, 02:20 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

When I want comfort food, especially if I am sick, that's the hardest time. Shiela, you know you will not feel better if you eat. You will actually feel worse. Today is just one day. (And it's 1/2 over!) Just for today, stick with your plan. We'll deal with tomorrow, tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2004, 03:28 PM   #9  

Very good advice sandi! The hot tea will do you alot of good! Add a little non sugar sweetener and it might feel like comfort and curb some of that desire to snack. I use peppermint tea for that at night alot.
Closed Thread