Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 03:13 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Been off track for awhile and now I'm ready to focus!

I guess you could say, that I've slowly but surely, been "falling from grace". I haven't been O/P in over two weeks. It started with a day of no journaling, then two, then 3, then a day with no exercise and no journaling, a day of not visiting 3FC and then a few more. Then there were days of less than 20 ounces of water. As these days passed I began to indulge in things that are not healthy or good for my body. I have still been losing weight, but that's not what this is all about is it?? NO! It's about an entirely new lifestyle and when I began this journey I knew that along with it would come pitfalls as well as successes. This I guess has been a bit of a pitfall. I lost my focus and motivation. That's not a good thing either. My body deserves better than this, and so does my family and friends. Have you ever noticed that when things get off track with your computer that it needs to be rebooted??? Well, that's what my body needs right now, a good reboot! When I started out in my new healthy lifestyle I started very slowly, with baby steps. I took on one thing at a time and nothing more. It worked. I became very focused and very motivated. So as of today, well this afternoon I am getting up and dusting myself off and taking baby steps. I feel that this is the best way to get back on track and get focused once again. One little step at a time.
Since today is more than half over my baby step for today will be to finish out the day by putting only healthful foods in my body. One small step.
I will check back in tomorrow to check in and account for my actions.

Anyone who needs to get back on track and would like to join me in this baby stepping strategy, please feel free to post and or comment as you wish. Pick one thing and one thing only though. Once you've accomplished that step then take on another and so on. Let's motivate and support each other until we are in the groove again!

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 11-04-2003 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:44 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Lisa
I hesitating posting because
A) I'm under the weather and I sure don't feel like I can accomplish anything right now.
B) I've been off the wagon for so long, I think it left without me.

However, it's closing in on the end of the year and I having lost nearly as much as I wanted to and I certainly don't want to stay in the stagnant swamp of fat for any longer.

I'm with you. I'm sure that I won't be able to do much exercise until I can breathe easy again but I can stop eating crap.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:12 PM   #3  

So let's consider your post and commitment to try your first baby step! Maybe tomorrow you can take another step with me!!??

I'm happy for your decision to keep on chugging along with me!

I hope you feel better soon Jessica!

Lisa
Old 11-04-2003, 05:12 PM   #4  

Hello ladies,

I also have strayed from my healthy eating and exercise plan over the last bit. Sounds like there are others who post on this board that are in the same boat....Maybe something about winter hibernation???

I would love to make a pact to re-start and re-commit!!

I plan to get back to the gym this week....tough, but important one for me....

I like Lisa's suggestion to "re-boot" and break it down!

Feel better Goddess Jessica!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:27 PM   #5  

Welcome Chris I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one gone astray. I am even more glad knowing that we all are "re-booting" together! There's nothing like support in numbers. Be sure to check back in tomorrow and let us know how you've done with your first step.

Lisa
PS WHOOOO HOOO for us!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, GJ. You lead such an active life, I bet it's really frustrating to be down and out right now.

I had a week where I wasn't doing well at all and felt that I needed to recommit. What worked for me once before, so I'm trying it again, is to make a contract with myself, spelling out exactly what I'm going to do and how long I'm going to do it for. I actually type it out and sign it. I never used to keep contracts with myself in the past, but I've decided that I faithfully keep my commitments to others and I'm just as worthy of my commitment, too. The "babystep" part of this for me is that I make the contract for three weeks. I figure I can do three weeks, then evaluate where I am at the end of three weeks.

Good luck to everyone who is recommitting to a healthy way of life!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #7  

Talking Hiya Sheila!

You have a beautiful kitty! I have 3 kittys of my own that I adore. Ok well 2 out of the three I adore. The one is kinda a butthead.

Anyways, welcome and great idea on the contract. I think I will write one out myself. In it I'll put all the babysteps I will be taking along the way until I am once again focused. Kind of like a healthy life agenda or something or other like that. Make sense?
I hope you don't mind the copycatting.

Good luck to everyone on their first steps!!

Lisa
Old 11-04-2003, 06:18 PM   #8  
beautiful

i'm rebooting with you. today is my 3rd OP since rebooting! and in these 3 days i've discovered that i still like feeling full but when i'm full on GOOD things i dont feel guilty or yucky after i get stuffed on the good stuff like i do when i am full with yucky stuff.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 PM   #9  

I'm joining in, too. Been off track for about two weeks... everyday, I'd manage to do one or two good things (water, food, exercise), but I haven't been able to do all three at once for about two weeks.

Also, I have my first session with the dietician on campus Sunday... and I want to have at least a semi-good list of the things I put in my mouth three days prior to our meeting. I'm hoping that she'll be able to help me structure an eating plan, because it's so hard for me here at school to make healthy decisions all the time.

Anyway.. I'm rebooting, too.. I'm booting out the unhealthy behaviors.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:59 PM   #10  

Welcome Ladies!!!

Glad to have ya's!

Shelly- I so know what you mean, I usually count calories and avoid bad carbs, the last couple of days I haven't been avoiding those carbs and lemme tell ya I have been so tired and ucky feeling!

Browneyed- How nice it must be to have access to a dietician. Just think positive and it will all come together I'm sure!

Now let's see if I have this right so far....

Everyon'es babysteps for tonight are as follows:

GJ- To not eat crap tonight.

Kris- To go to the gym tonight.

Sheila- To type up her recommitment contract and sign it.

Shelly- To stay away from the yukky stuff tonight.

Browneyed girl- I'm not sure on the one thing you want to work on tonight so let me know and I'll post it.

Lisa- To eat only healthy things tonight.

Now we can all report tomorrow and get smiley's for our day of success and then if we feel we're ready to add on another step we can do so. If not that's fine too we can continue on with our one small step until we feel ready to move on.

YAY! for us!! For all of us coming together and re-booting before we backslide terribly!! WHOOOO-HOOOOO!!

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 11-04-2003 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #11  

One more thing...

Shelly cute babies!! How old??

Lisa
Old 11-04-2003, 09:11 PM   #12  
missaprylj

Me too. I'm in for the recommitting thing and I need all the help that I can possibly get.

Jessica- NOoooO! The wagon did *not* leave without you! Never! Don't give up, I know you can do this!

Old 11-04-2003, 09:29 PM   #13  

Access of the dietician = free. Well, the perks of having a $37,000 a year college education (full scholarship, or there'd be no way I could afford it) is that it comes with "free" services. I feel that since it's being paid for I'm getting the most out of it. I'm going to the dietician and using the free gym access priviledges and getting the full value of the money being paid, in addition to the education I'm receiving. (If that even makes sense?)

And my goal is to just eat healthier for the day - no reasons to have dessert.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #14  
beautiful

Thanks Lisa! dillon will be 5 (on the 30th) and bryleigh will be 2 (on the 24th). i did have some yucky stuff tonight but i worked it in to my points so i'm not feeling TOO guilty.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:07 AM   #15  

Wink Wonderful Wednes day to Ya's!

Welcome Apryl! Don't forget to let us know what your baby step for today will be!

I am happy to say that my first step was a success! I hope it was for everyone, if not don't beat yourself up about it. Just get up and dust yourself off and start with today and one step. One step in the right direction is better than no steps right?!

As for me today I will journal all my consumption and eat healthy.

I have to go get a tooth pulled out today. I chose to instead of spending $1000.00 on root canal and crown ect. I will try to check in later but if it's kind of goofy, just know I'll be on pain meds.

jkfla- Does that stand for Jacksonville? I live in Palm Bay, just outside of Melbourne. I love their names too, they are just adorable!!

jkfla gets a for success on her first step in the right direction!

Me too!

Browneyedgirl- Good for you taking full advatange of all the opportunities there!!I don't blame you one bit for that! You'll have to let us know how goes it with the dietician too ! Share any pointers and stuff.

Ok well, I have to go get ready for the dentist, he needs to start shopping for christmas and I'm sure my family alone has paid for his shopping this year!

Chat with ya's later!
Lisa

PS Let me know what your focusing on today and how you did yesterday too. Big hugs! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Closed Thread