Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Pizza

I was watching TV last night when I saw an ad for a "healthy" pizza that's coming out from Pizza Hut. The ad mentioned lower fat meats, less cheese, more vegetables. I always get a thin crust vegetarian pizza from them (because I know how to count the WW points) anyway, but I'm wondering if this "healthy" pizza has appeared where anyone lives?

I always hate when there are ads for things I want to try, and then I can't find them yet. You'd have thought advertisers would have learned from the Taster's Choice instant coffee debacle many years ago. We even studied about that in college marketing classes.

At our WW meeting, the leader mentioned that WW is working in partnership with Applebee's restaurant chain to create some healthier dishes. And, not to leave out the low carb people, I noticed a low-carb grocery store opened up near me. I'm heading out there this week because my father, who is diabetic, needs some options that will satisfy his penchant for potato chips, which are about the worst thing he could eat. Does anyone else have a low-carb grocery in their area?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:53 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Haven't seen anything here - but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I lOVE Pizza.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

It will get to the big fat Midwestern city of Milwaukee last, and even when it does, they'll offer it to us in a combo deal w/cheesy garlic bread & soda. Or we'll wash it down w/gallons of Miller Lite.

So, no, haven't seen anything like it yet.

I am waiting for them to open a trans-fatty-acid free grocery store. Think we might have one already, called the farmer's market but that is only in the summers.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Coming from CA, we're always supportive of the latest diet craze. Yes, we have low-carb store (they used to be diabetic store that almost went out of business, now they're making the big dough) and TGIFridays started serving some low carb menu choices. No, I haven't seen the Pizza Hut ad but I don't watch much tv. Of course, we have to remind ourselves that healthier pizza doesn't mean you can eat the whole thing!

I make my own "pizza" using portabella mushrooms as personal size "crusts" and adding pesto, leftover chicken and goat cheese. If I'm really craving crust, I use pita bread as the crust.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:17 PM   #5  
missaprylj

SAPF..... no, no. It won't get to Milwaukee last.

Way up nort' here will be da last place fer sure.

Yah hey you betcha.

Old 10-17-2003, 08:53 AM   #6  

Apryl-LOL

They just had this on Good Morning America. It's called the Fit and Healthy Pizza (I think), and it has 4 Grams of fat, and 153 Calories for one slice. One slice is 1/12 of a pizza. They didn't say though when it would be available everywhere, and I haven't seen any commercials for it here either.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #7  

Ok darnit I looked on the pizza hut website it's Fit 'N Delicious Pizza....I got a number to call for customer service but I'm at work and have to be pretending to work. If someone wants to call it's 1-800-948-8488. If no one reports back that they called I'll call after work.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:40 AM   #8  

You guys got me messing with this way to much It comes in 6 varieties

serving size 1 slice of 12" pizza
all have 2 g fiber

1) Diced Chicken, Red Onion, Green Pepper 170 cals 4.5 g fat
2) Diced Chicken, Mushrooms and Jalapenos 170 cals 5 g fat
3) Ham, Red Onion and Mushrooms 160 cals 4.5 g fat
4) Ham, Pineapple and Diced Red Tomato 160 cals 4 g fat
5) Green Pepper, Red Onion and Diced Red Tomato 150 cals 4 g fat
6) Tomato, Mushroom and Jalapeno 150 cals 4 g fat

And supposedly this was all supposed to start Wednesday.....ok back to work I go!!!!

Last edited by Inca's Momma; 10-17-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

Thanks Inca - you know, those ingredients and stats are looking pretty darn gooooooood. I'll probably only have to wait 3 years until it arrives in Canada...

Its funny, I remember when I was a small child (yes, I have a good memory) and I'd be beside myself with jealousy of American kids as I watched the saturday morning cartoons on the American TV stations. There'd be commercials for this wonderful place, full of clowns, hamburglers, toys and great food - yes, it was McDonalds and you had to drive to the USA to experience this child's dreamland....talk about seductive advertising, no wonder children still cry to be taken to that godforsaken place of horror!

While I wait for Pizza Hut "diet" pizza, I'll continue to indulge in the only fast food restaurant I visit now. It's called "The Extreme Pita" and what a treat. There are 24 pitas to choose from and the stats for all of them (calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc.) are listed on the wall. What a bang you get for your buck! My favourite is the Grilled Chicken Fiesta, which is a large whole wheat pita filled with chicken, mushrooms, onions and green peppers (all cooked on the grill), lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, bean sprouts, olives and peppers and a wonderful fat-free salsa. The whole thing is less than 5 grams of fat and for Weight Watchers people it's a filling 6 point dinner packed with fibre. It's my once a week not so guilty pleasure and no, I'm not a paid spokesperson (but I'm willing to become the Canadian "Jared")

Last edited by Jillegal; 10-17-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:03 PM   #10  

Jill- That sounds wonderful!! I wonder if they have those here or if they're only in Canada. I've found very little fast food I can eat, other than a grilled chicken sandwich now and then. I think you'd make a GREAT Jared!!!

Kim, thanks for the great info. Did they say when those pizzas might be available in most areas? I looked at their site too and didn't find any info.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

http://www.extremepita.com/

There is one in Virginia, two in Wisconsin, and one coming soon to Arizona. They got rave reviews in Edmonton for everything from food to cleanliness of washrooms. I can't wait for one in my area!
Old 10-17-2003, 02:57 PM   #12  

OH wow!! Their menu looks wonderful and their nutrition info is great!! I could easily become addicted to these if we had them here. Something other than a grilled chicken sandwich, or a grilled chicken salad would be a nice change!!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:11 PM   #13  

I was under the impression that most Pizza Huts should have the Fit 'N Delicious pizzas now.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you for posting the link, there is one not far from me!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 PM   #15  

Wow those pitas look really good! We will never get one of those places around here. We dont get many places like that. I hope that the Pizza hut healthy pizza comes here because that will definatly be something to try.
Closed Thread