Old 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #76  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kayla: I already feel like I'm starting to get back into my normal mode...the whoosh probably helped, if I'm honest. But, I also feel like getting started fresh on a Monday always feels like a stronger start for whatever (likely society-based) reason, so I think my first day getting back on track landing on a Monday was fortuitous timing. Thank you for the kind words, and nice work on the prep, pre-logging, and getting in your water!

Martine: Thank you for willpower dust and the readjusted perspective on the little wins. I am feeling like my head is getting back in the game and hoping to make up for some lost time this week. I'm also happy to hear that your physio exercises are going well, and great work on your tabata intervals! (P.S. I hope your coordinator's interview went well! That was nice of you and your boss to help her prepare for it.)

Nichelle: I'm glad you're feeling better today...and, how neat that you'll be there for your sister-in-law's ultrasound! Always an exciting moment.

---------------------------------

Coming back down finally after the fiasco that was last week...weigh-in was 184.4 today. I hope I'm able to keep this whoosh down tomorrow, but we had lunch out at a new Mexican place today, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and chugging water all afternoon. The portions weren't as large nor was the cheese content as high as our normal place has, so hopefully the damage won't be too great this time. As I always say, we shall see! Unfortunately, it's hard to accurately gauge the calories for tracking purposes at little hole-in-the-wall restaurants because they never have nutritional info, but I did my best to track with a similar dish listed in the MFP database. I chose the highest calorie option on MFP's list to log, just to be on the safe side.

Week Three
15: 186.6
16: 184.4
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 187.2
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

opheliaphoenix: I'm glad you're feeling better today and seeing the scale results you were anticipating. I operate the same when I track my calories for places with no calories listed; I always choose the higher calories over the lower ones as a safety net.

RunningRedHead: I'm always impressed with your water intake! You inspire me to be more conscious of this in my own life. I always, always feel better when I'm well hydrated and my skin shows the effort. on your continued quest to find just the right balance between eating and fasting.

Nichelle: It's overcast, cold and here. Your bbq description makes me long for warm, relaxing days. How exciting to be part of the reveal! Praying that all goes well with your SIL's ultrasound.

Martine: Oy! You seem to be experiencing the winter that never ends. Folks in way north California are experiencing the same. Freezing rain is so treacherous. I hope it's late enough in the year that it didn't stick around too long! I'm sure your coordinator felt 100% better going into her interview after the prep work you and your boss did with her.
I hope everyone had a good Monday and fine weekend. My hiking trip this weekend was a lot of fun and time away from my office and desk were much needed. We hiked nearly 8 miles between two different trails; one was more open and led to a beautiful lake and another was in the Redwoods. Stunning! The only time I thought about work was on our drive back on Sunday. My friend asked, "Are there things you need to prepare for Monday," and I responded, "Probably but they'll be there on Monday when I get to my desk so I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday." Not one ounce of guilt! me! And as you might have suspected, nothing burned down because I enjoyed the weekend. Why don't I do this more often?

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 04-16-2018 at 11:43 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #78  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy love hearing about your hikes this weekend. You are totally right that you should get away from work as much as possible on the weekends. Hiking and other such activities are much more fun than work anyway. The freezing rain turned to rain and as temperatures rose throughout the day, there was no ice by the end of my shift. We may get some melting snow today. But apparently it'll be sunny and warm this weekend, when I have to work of course.

opheliaphoenix you must have been really happy to see that new number on the scale Perhaps your body just needed to reset in some way.

RunningRedHead I heard of kale chips, maybe I'll give it a try next time we buy some. It comes in such a huge bunch, I've got to find something to do with it all. Tacos were good, in fact I have leftovers for my lunch today.

Had another physio appointment this morning. When I asked about the pain I feel during bicep curls, the physiotherapist said that it was normal but that I shouldn't push through the pain, even if that means only lifting 2.5 pounds weights for that one move for now. She gave me a tutorial on a deep tissue massage of my ligament, for when I feel more pain. That and along with electric stimulation seemed to help a lot, I have hardly felt anything in my arm for a couple of hours now. Got my workout done, tried a new type of HIIT workout, a double ladder workout where you alternate between two exercises, one going down in reps while the other goes up. Now time to get ready for another afternoon/evening shift.

15: 44 minutes tabata and lower body workout with weights
16: 32 minutes upper body weightlifting + 8 minutes abs workout
17: 23 minutes HIIT + 16 minutes double ladder HIIT workouts
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Martine: Glad to hear your PT was able to give you some tips to combat your pain. I love the electric stim, it’s a life saver! Way to go getting your workout in

Casey: Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Here’s hoping your water intake helped combat the bloat from the wonderful Mexican food

Curvy: I agree with you about the water intake and its effect on your skin. I definitely notice a difference these days even between a couple liters. It’s always a nice revelation to realize that the world is capable of going on for a few days without falling apart if we aren't there. Glad to hear your weekend went well! Great job on the hiking, sounds like a beautiful experience.

I managed to get in 5.5L yesterday, maybe there’s something to this hydration and whooshes thing Fasting day yesterday did not go quite according to plan, however, what I learned from it is that fasting days are best left to days with normal sleeping patterns, and I shouldn’t do them on my first day back to a diurnal schedule as I can’t always fall asleep at a normal time and I still haven’t got a substantial grip on late night snacking. On a positive note though, I was lucky that it didn’t undo my entire day with a bump up

Have a great day everyone!

SW: 275.4
4/5: 277.6
GW: 269

Week 3:
4/15: 275.9 (-1.7)
4/16: 275.2 (-0.7)
4/17: 274.3 (-0.9)
4/18:
4/19:
4/20:
4/21:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 04-17-2018 at 12:42 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

The ultrasound tech was sick yesterday so no ultrasound... it has been moved to Friday... so few more days to wait... that's okay.

It's only 9am here (been up since 315am) and I've been munching a lot today :/ ive been hungry today... hopefully be able to get it under control soon lol I will drink water.
Got to run... I'll check in tonight
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #81  

Good morning

Martine: My own experience with deep tissue massage is that it can be very uncomfortable during but the relief can last for a long time. I've also heard great things about electric stimulation. I'm glad you're feeling the positives effects of both.

RunningRedHead: Thank you for sharing your approach to IF and keeping us updated to the changes and experiences you're having. It provides a lot of insight to the process; it's good to see your success as well as your challenges .

Nichelle: and have a great day! Looking forward to baby news when you have it.
A dreary and cold day here today. I have my own Summary of Accomplishments to complete by Friday for my supervisor so I'm going to use this mostly open day to write it. Other than this, I'm anticipating a typical and uneventful day.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #82  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi everyone, just a couple quickies as tomorrow is weigh-day!

Martine, it’s about 4 hours one way, so you can imagine... how just sitting on my but doing nothing can be so exhausting is beyond me, but I was completely wiped out by Sunday night. She had a great time. She also claims to be fluent in Spanish, but I wouldn’t know

Casey! ��

Nichelle, that does sound like an inspiring blog!

Everyone else, see you tomorrow!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #83  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: I think that doing it that way definitely helps mitigate the damage overall. I really wish listed nutritional information was more readily available everywhere and not just limited to larger businesses...maybe one day that will be the case. Also, your hiking trip this weekend sounds like it was a truly wonderful - and beautiful - escape! I miss the Redwoods. 🌲 I'm glad you were able to fully enjoy yourself without getting caught up in thoughts of the upcoming week back at work.

Martine: Perhaps! It may make me feel better about the whole thing if I just think of it that way. I'm glad your appointment today was a successful one where you were able to learn new massage techniques to help alleviate any pain that arises while you heal. Great job on the workout, as well!

Kayla: It did! My intake is still lower than what I'd like it to be, but it's a work in progress...lol. You, on the other hand, are doing amazing getting all that water in -- that's awesome!

Nichelle: Sorry to hear that the ultrasound was rescheduled...keep us updated when Friday comes around!

Magicsusan: Good luck on your weigh day tomorrow!

Weigh-in was 184.0 today -- I'm thrilled with that, considering that I was a little worried about our lunch out yesterday. I've still only been getting in the 2.2L of water, but going to try hitting the gallon today. Not much else to report...I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday!

Week Three
17: 184.0
18:
19:
20:
21:

Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #84  

My eating habits didn't get much better today :/ oh well tomorrow is a new day. I did make the meal as I had planned for this evening so I have left overs for lunch tomorrow. I have my healthy lunch all portioned out waiting for tomorrow
I did however talked myself out of getting an Italian soda. I told myself if I was going to have one I would need to walk to the cafe... i got 90% of the way there and decided I didn't want it so I went to the bank then walked the long way back to work.
Here is to a better tomorrow have a good night ladies
Old 04-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #85  

Gym this morning: check
Healthy breakfast: check
Healthy lunch snacks and dinner packed: check
Water bottle: check

I'm ready for today.
This morning after the gym I made a batch of whole wheat pumpkin pancakes. I had one for breakfast the rest will be going into my freezer for days I go back to sleep after the gym and are running late cuz I slept in. Lol
I'm packing both my lunch and dinner with me tonight because I'm staying at work late then going to the local college for a group called 'Learning Circle.' This will be my 1st time attending but my co worker said it is a group of local ECE workers the discuss different topics each month. This month is on how to stay motivated and recharge yourself.
I wont get back home until 9:30pm. (I try to be in bed by this time)
I'm excited for work today (I love my job all the time) but today in the AM class we are walking over to the "big school" and will be joining a kindergarten class.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #86  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello everyone. Happy hump day!

Jazzfan22, thank you! I'm working hard, but somehow the success doesn't feel as sweet as it should, because I'm still working off re-gain.

OpheliaPhoenix, Glad you're not letting that awful week get the better of you. Congrats on the weigh-in! 184 woot!

Curvynotlumpy, your hiking trip sounds so lovely. I utterly failed to visit most of the US before I expatriated myself, the redwoods are definitely on the list! 8 miles is fantastic! What was the terrain like? Well done enjoying your weekend without guilt!

Martine, your workouts... I'm not sure I would survive those! Glad you're getting the pain sorted out. As I think I said once before, nothing sucks like having your body parts mutiny when you're trying to be healthy and treat your body right!

RunningRedHead- 5 liters! Wow! I don't do fasting days, but I do hate hate HATE it when my schedule gets interupted. I love my routine. Unless it's interupted by a hike or something, I mean

Nichelle- Why are you up at 3.15? Or are you also an insomniac? Bummer about the ultrasound person being sick. Good job resisting the temptation of a soda. And double good job on the lunchtime walk! How was the learning circle?

My condolences to those of you with horrid weather. Knock on wood, we have fabulous weather! Walked home from work (~8.5k) twice this week. I did a good workout (weights, sit-ups, that kind of thing) Tuesday, and hope to repeat it Thursday. I'm doing great on the walking, okay on the jogging, and rotten on the workouts. I think I'm averaging 1xweek.

Eldest daughter has an interview at the local art college today. Insert face of UTTER PANIC here. She's the one with mental health issues and desparately needs a friendly, well-placed and loving kick up the back-side. Please please please let this be it.

So, the numbers are good, I'm satisfied (especially after spending all of Sunday sitting on my backside!) and it's beginning to feel a little surreal. I'm about to enter the uncharted territory of losing old weight, versus simply losing the regain from a year or so ago. And you know how MyFitnessPal predicts your weight in 5 weeks if you carry on as you're doing at the end of a day? Well, my five week prediction is under 100kg. I haven't been under 100kg in so long. So many things are running through my head! Will I be able to keep it up? If I do hit my goal weight, how much extra skin will I have? How is this change going to affect other, non-directly weight-related areas of my life? Time for another face of UTTER PANIC

Have a good rest of the week, everyone!

Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 11: 233
Apr 18: 230

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-18-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #87  

Good morning

Magicsusan: Sending : to your daughter for her interview today. Sounds like she needs a positive place in her life right now and an opportunity to explore her talents with like minded and motivated individuals. I know it probably seems a little unsettling to navigate uncharted territory but you've really prepared yourself over time to be in the best place possible. Enjoy the good feelings and try to release the jitters if you can.

Nichelle: You ARE ready, girl! Enjoy 'Learning Circle tonight.' There is so much to be gained by talking to other professionals in your field. And it's another opportunity to build your support system.

opheliaphoenix: reaching 184!

Slow news day today so I'll sign off. Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #88  
|| Casey ||

Nichelle: Sounds like you are all set for a solid, healthy day today!

Magicsusan: Thank you...and, I'm glad your weigh day went so well today. Nice loss! Also keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed that your daughter's interview goes well!

Curvy: Thank you!

Down a pound to 183.0, which is surprising considering I snacked on my husband's tortilla chips late last night while watching TV together and ended up eating way more than I intended. I guess the scale is just being kind to me today, so I will gladly take it and just hope that I can keep it down tomorrow!

Week Three
17: 184.0
18: 183.0
19:
20:
21:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 04-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #89  

Magicsusan: I get up that early on purpose... I go to the gym at 4 with my mother. She works an early shift at her job

Curvynotlumpy: learning circle is great all the people have been in early childhood education for years. I can learn so much from them! And their passion for young children is so positive... I have chosen the right field to get into. We talked as little and ECEBC conference and one of the workshops I'm going to is ECE as a career and they are just so supportive of me going to it

Eating was okay today... ended up getting some Filipino food (local food vendor was set up near my work) tomorrow I will be on point
Learning circle was good. It was a small group this time which I was okay with. We talked about emotions for children (how they handle expressing them or lack of esample expressing through actions or through drawing or tantrums) and how we handle our emotions (example feeling angry/frustration towards a situation- like my co-work getting hit in the face or me getting almost bit on my arm the other day) and talk about exceptions people have for ece's. We talked about rough play how far you should let it go etc
I think I'll really enjoy going to the group. As a person just entering the field it's a great learning tool.
We did our kindergarten visit today and it went really well! and on the way back we stopped at the big bosses office and the children sang a first nations song we thought them to him
Old 04-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

opheliaphoenix it's so hard to predict what the scale will do, but now it seems to be going in the right direction

Magicsusan uncharted territory so exciting though... this may be too cheesy, but can you reframe as an "adventure"?

Nichelle, very smart to pack meals with you. I am so bad about that but just resolved this morning to improve in that regard.

RunningRedHead, yes sleep is part of the equation and not always under our control!! i have had a history of sleep problems and its a good reminder to think broadly about all of the inputs that affect weight loss and wellness. i have said this before but i'll say again your attention to water is on pointe--because of you i have been more aware of this and actively working on upping my water. i'm still not where i should be, but i'm much closer than i would be otherwise!

Martine, your different HIIT workouts sound very cool... right now I'm focused on my comfort zone of Zumba and weight machines, but down the line if that stops working for me I might try some HIIT.

-------------------
I have been away from here a bit but I do log in an app every day, Carb Manager which I like pretty well, and so have been very good about my keto diet and exercise. Still loving the combo of keto+zumba+weights. Weighed in at 177.8 this morning after 179.1 the previous day, so I think I'm reaching safe 170s territory which feels good. 177 means 20 lbs lost since I started weight loss again in February, . I finally re-organized my closet into clothes that are now too big, clothes I can wear now, and clothes I hope to wear in the future. I now have tops and skirts that fit but few pants so am buying some cheap-ish Old Navy stuff to get by.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote